S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Craving PIZZA!

whats your craving buster for it.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #2  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Whole wheat soft shell taco, with a layer of refried beans (fat free) a layer of chunky salsa, chopped peppers, chopped onions, put in oven for a bit, then I add lettuce & black olives & a blob of fat free sour cream. Sometimes I add shredded chicken or cocktail shrimp. All variations are DELICIMO!'
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I make a low cal, relatively low fat pizza. It's made with a premade crust, turkey pepperoni and 2% cheese. It's high in sodium but when pizza is the only thing that will do for me it's the best option.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Can you dip breadsticks in warmed up sauce? and then in parmesan cheese?

Or just ENJOY and savor a slice and count it and there's no guilt and no stress - just don't order a pizza to have it tempting you for days! Can you go out and get one slice somewhere?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

In the past, I've used a Damascus Bakeries wrap that's 110 calories, loaded with fiber and protein and lots of good taste. I spread on a little Fat Free marinara sauce, a sprinkling of finely shredded low fat mozzarella and low fat cheddar cheese mix. I then put on thinly sliced onions and mushrooms and bell peppers. I pair it with a big salad or a big bowl of soup.

I caught about 5 minutes of the Dr. Oz show today and there was a woman showing how she uses mashed cauliflower as her dough. Looked good.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4''

I make my own whole wheat pizza crust or flat bread, homemade pizza sauce (really easy) and put veggies (as well as meat) on it.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #7  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

My craving-buster for pizza is...pizza.

However, my pizza isn't what comes in a box from Domino's. Every once in a while, I make a thin-crust dough from scratch (takes about half an hour of work and half an hour of rising, so it's not all that time-consuming or difficult) and divide it up into 6-oz. portions. The recipe I use works out to 360 calories per dough-ball/pizza. It lasts for about a week in the fridge, longer in the freezer.

A six-ounce round of dough with a sugarless tomato sauce (my hubby makes this, but there are jarred versions that contain no sugar or HFCS too) or fresh-sliced tomatoes, vegetables (onions, spinach, and broccoli are great), and an ounce of full-fat mozzarella works out to between 500 and 600 calories for the whole pizza, depending on toppings. I sometimes stray to the higher end because I add a shower of parmesan or maybe some feta with the spinach, but if I do that, then the pizza gets cut in half, supplemented with a side salad, and eaten as two meals.

Pizza isn't an inherently unhealthy food for anyone who's okay with carbs and wheat products. Sometimes you might have to make it yourself or seek it out carefully, but there IS such a thing as good pizza.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #8  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

mmm... lots of good ideas here...

I had the same craving for pizza for two days. Here's what I am eating right now, quick and easy:

Whole wheat pita bread split into two round halves
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup tomato paste
sliced roasted peppers

I put 2T tomato paste on each round, sprinkle with some garlic powder, Italian seasonings and a little red pepper flakes. Spread around evenly, then distribute 2T shredded parmesan cheese on each (the real kind). I added roasted red pepper to each, a decent amount. Then baked in the toaster oven at ~400 degrees until the crust is starting to brown and the cheese is bubbly.

According to FitDay, it's 319 cal for both! I put 4 sliced up kalamata olives on the second one for an extra 40 cal.

It's definitely not the same as pizzeria pizza, but for me this does the trick.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #9  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Pizza is the best craving buster for pizza, of course :P I used a whole-grain Flatout Flatbread and top it with tomato sauce (usually homemade), tomatoes, spinach, minced garlic, and a little mozzarella, then put it in the toaster oven for a few minutes and voilą, pizza. You don't ever have to give up things you love, just find ways of adjusting them and make them work into your plan.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I'd either get a slice somewhere OR I'd make an English muffin pizza... 100 cal muffins, sauce, cheese, and turkey pepperoni. It runs about 255 calories.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/241.6/130

Height: 5'6

I love the english muffin idea!!!!
jodyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

Ah pizza.... that's what most of my fat is. I have the most trouble with craving that. So, I eat a Lean Cuisine pizza. I get the Margahritta (sp?) one. It's only 300 cals and surprisingly tasty
gracesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #13  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I pick up a Papa Murphys pizza loaded with veggies (and one meat of choice if I'm feeling like a bit of a splurge). I get the Thin Crust DeLite (which is a higher protein/lower calorie crust). When I get home, I slice the pizza to match a standard calorie meal for me using the nutritional info online...then I freeze the other slices and only cook one at a time. It usually works pretty well, IMHO
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

To be honest I just have real pizza but just not an entire one. If i gave up pizza I don't think I'd still be on my 'diet' lol
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

To make my own pizza. Small size. pesto. shrimp, mushrooms, arugula, red onions and some parmesan cheese on top.

or bbq sauce, chicken, red onion little mozzarella on top.

I sometimes make small pizza doughs and keep them in the freezer so I can top them and cook them when I want pizza. or i'll make a bunch of little pizzas and keep them in the freezer.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote