Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Exclamation Fast food AGAIN? NO!

My dad is on the road a lot, so sometimes we don't find out he's coming home until the very last minute. Which is what happened today. About 3 days ago, we had Arby's. I ate 3 regular arby's. I regret it. But I moved on.

But my dad just e-mailed saying he'll be home tonight, and my mom is really sick, so we're ordering something. Probably pizza or chinese food. Whoever goes out to get it might make a special stop for me (I'll probably be the one going), but should I risk or, or do I stick to my guns? I can get a BK (or is it Micky Dees?) grilled chicken salad, and just pick the cruotons off, and not eat the dressing, but that's about all I can think of.

Sorry for the landmine of posts from me lately, but I really really don't want to eat out tonight, and I think I'm trying to reason with myself that it is OK. And it ISN'T.

If worse comes to worse, and I can't find a fast food alternative, I'll just have to eat one of my pre-made breakfasts (I'd rather not because I had noodles for breakfast, but I'll deal.)

Last edited by yhahmd; 11-18-2010 at 02:58 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Why don't you do the cooking for tonight so neither of you will have to have fast food? Or if you just have to do fast food, there's always Subway.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink sparkle View Post
Why don't you do the cooking for tonight so neither of you will have to have fast food? Or if you just have to do fast food, there's always Subway.
SUBWAY! Thank you, I love you. I totally forgot about subway.

And because we're low on food and need to go shopping when we get some money. I'm barely getting by with what's left in the house (bread and cheese and noodles, basically).
Old 11-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

With the money for fast food dinners, you could make healthy dinners.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
With the money for fast food dinners, you could make healthy dinners.
They don't want to do that.

Until I'm on my own, I have to do what the majority of the house wants to do, and they'd rather eat fast food than go to the store, buy the food, come home and prepare it.

I wish, though.

I'm going to try to get subway for myself. I have 5 bucks I can get a $5 foot long with, I think.

Last edited by yhahmd; 11-18-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I understand the temptation to just stop in and grab something at fast food -- heck, I used to do it probably 3x/week. Toward the beginning of my weight loss, I still got it occasionally, but I chose a baked potato and chili at Wendy's or the fresco bean burritos at Taco Bell. Or Subway, of course -- yum! I was just realizing the other day that I haven't had fast food in a few months now. I have never counted those foods out, but I guess my mindset has just changed. I've been shopping regularly and planning meals for my family, and now I guess I've just gotten in the habit of cooking what I've planned.

I don't think there's anything wrong with grabbing it once in awhile, but I do think it's wise to stay out of those joints, because I know for me at least, I can only order a salad with no dressing so many times before my eye is going to head over into the Big Mac and fries section of the menu.

I agree with the poster who suggested taking the Subway money (maybe even only $15), go to the grocery store, grab some chicken breast or lean beef and some lovely fresh veggies and make a stir-fry. Even if it's the same amount of money and calories (if you make wise choices at Subway), it might be a statement to yourself that dinner doesn't have to be fast food when Dad comes home.

Best of luck with your choice! I just wanted to throw that out there!

Edit: I saw your newest post after I posted. That is tough when you aren't in control of what everyone else wants to do. I'm sure they're set on it for tonight, but maybe while you're eating tonight, suggest that you'd like to shop and cook for the family next time Dad comes home late. They might like the idea, you never know! And on days like this, Subway is the perfect choice!

Last edited by shannonmb; 11-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

With $5 subway money you COULD probably get the following:

- Bag of frozen veggies (store brands are usually about $1.25 a bag)
- Box of whole wheat pasta (I think they run about $2 a box - cheaper if on sale) (Or some brown rice)
- Chicken (on sale, you can get it $2 a pound - if it isn't on sale, get less - if you ask, they will package a smaller amount)

That would even be enough for multiple meals - veggies = 2 serv., pasta = 7 serv. and chicken = 4 serv. give or take.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

How many are eating? How much are you anticipating spending on the fast food?

It's not costly to whip up a pot of chili, and it's quick as well, and way healthier than fast food. A pot of spaghetti and a salad?

I would think your dad would be tired of eating out after being on the road.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5

volunteer to go get it then you can stop and pick up something for yourself.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

There are some decent fast food choices that can be fit into your calorie plan if you look for them. Just look at the nutritional information and find something. It may not be the most healthy thing, but you have to do what you have to do. Like others have said, Subway is a great choice too and one of my favorite foods. Too bad I can't have the bread anymore lol!

I second the idea of chili...chili is delicious and filling and with that much money you could probably make a big pot and then serve your family with leftovers for you. Soup is another option. Your dad might be happy to have a home cooked meal after being on the road.

Last edited by Linsy; 11-18-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #11  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I feel for your situation . As a teen, I frequently felt out of control over choices I should have been allowed to make, hence, I have been living on my own since I was 17! I was also going to suggest Subway, if cooking is not an option. Please keep in mind that a Subway sub can add up to 1000 calories or more depending on what you order. I would get a 6" sub with double meat and no cheese. That way you get half the carbs, and double the protein . Watch their sauces as well. Their regular sub sauce is 240 calories for a 12" sub. Sweet onion is good and its only 40 cals for a 6". Honey mustard is a good choice as well. My favorite sub is a 6" double stack club on wheat with no cheese and sweet onion sauce. It is 400 calories and very filling

Last edited by sweetnlow28; 11-18-2010 at 04:06 PM.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 2"

I started on Sundays go out and buy a package of chicken breasts and grill em up for the wk. this way if u cant get to making dinner you always have the chicken to heat up...boil up some brown rice (if have) and theres dinner. i do it all the time cause i don't get home till 730pm.

but as for tonight. i agree with the other ladies with hittn up a subway. a lot to chose from there

Last edited by JennieGrl; 11-18-2010 at 04:37 PM.
JennieGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #13  

Turns out he's NOT coming home. I still ate an extra breakfast. I feel good. But he IS coming home tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have gone to the store by dinner time.

My family is weird. If we aren't eating dinner made at home, we're all on our own. It's sort of weird. So 50% of the time we're predictable and on plan, and then the other 50% we're not lol.

haha oh well.

you guys are so supportive <3 i love it

Subway is my official go-to when we're out/getting fast food, though. I like the flat bread with tons of lettuce, veggies, turkey/chicken and mustard. <3

Last edited by yhahmd; 11-18-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
How many are eating? How much are you anticipating spending on the fast food?

It's not costly to whip up a pot of chili, and it's quick as well, and way healthier than fast food. A pot of spaghetti and a salad?

I would think your dad would be tired of eating out after being on the road.
You'd think so! But he doesn't always eat fast food, he works for a good company and often goes out to nice resteraunts for food. Stinker lol.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #15  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Man your parents would turn down a meal you cooked for fast food? That's kind of sad honestly- I'll always choose a healthy home cooked meal over ANYTHING. Specially if it's asian food!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote