General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default I'm MAD - drunken vent, hehe

Well, yes, as the title implies, I am drunk. But FEAR NOT! I recorded the calories for the tequila and it is light margarita mix (10cal/serving!). That being said, please forgive the ramblings of drunken Megan.

Have you ever just had a freaking effing BAD day? Where you wake up furious at the world? That was me today. I woke up furious. Not really sure why, but the moment my feet touched the floor I was sad, mad, angry, frustrated, annoyed, and just generally pissy.

The rest of the day more or less followed suit. Every little thing that could go wrong, did. I dropped things, hit my head THREE times, did poorly on a test that I should have aced, didn't get anything done that I wanted to. But the last slap in the face that really made this a "bad day" was when I was grocery shopping and I was getting a pork tenderloin for tonight's dinner to make for my fiance and I. I had a specific recipe in mind for it. So I got a tenderloin, came home to cook it, and realized that this damn tenderloin had been pre-marinated in freaking terikayi sauce! Even as drunk as I am, I can't understand why this infuriated me so much. Upon realization that I could no longer make my planned pork tenderloin recipe because the pork tenderloin I had bought was soaked in teriyaki crap, I started bawling. I thew stuff around my kitchen while I was cooking and fumed. I was PISSED off at the fact that I didn't get to make my recipe...the one and only thing I was looking forward to during my whole damn crappy day. I was PISSED off at the fact that I didn't want teriyaki pork. I was PISSED off at the fact that my fiance liked it and had the gall to act like it wasn't that big of a deal.

So I didn't eat the nasty-*** teriyaki pork. I didn't eat dinner. In a valiant act of defiance, I gave up my dinner altogether. SCREW that teriyaki pork!!!

And so, I spent the calories otherwise planned for dinner on alcohol. Most of you know that I like to eat big dinners...translate that into a lot of tequila and I am feeling fan-freaking-tastic minus the fact that I'm still MAD about teriyaki pork.

...freaking teriyaki pork.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

LOL. Some days, you just have to start over the next day.

I've thrown a cake into the garbage (an entire cake) over a few crumbs in the icing before. So I understand. Take it in stride - tomorrow will be better.

Or as they say in "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day", you can always move to Australia (this was my FAVORITE book growing up )
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

but you must remember - some days are like that. even in australia. (also my favorite book when I was younger )

I have days like that too Today I had scheduled interviews an hour away and didn't end up getting home until about 8pm. I knew it was going to be a late work day, so that's not what upset me. What upset me was that when I got home, I found the meal I had prepared the night before (because, like stated, I knew it would be a late night) and had placed in a tupperware container, eaten by my husband. This put me into tears, because like you, it was the ONE thing I was looking forward to when I got home. Definitely the straw that breaks the camels back kinda situation. May not seem like a big deal, but it's just the last thing you can handle before the breakdown.

I hope you are feeling better, and don't have a hangover tomorrow! Tequila and red wine always do me in with the headaches!
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

OMG! I haven't laughed that hard at a post for long time! I swear I could have written it.

But, **** like that happens. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start back tomorrow.

And next time, eat the Teriyaki Pork......cuz your fiance' was right...it is good.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Some days just go like that! I have them myself.

Hope tomorrow is better!

And the next time I'm having a bad day, I'll think of FTP!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #6  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

This? Is an excellent post. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Also, I haven't thought of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day in FOREVER. Oh, the nostalgia!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #7  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I've heard of drunk texting, but drunk posting on 3 FC's?, A classic Go to sleep my dear and you will wake up feeling better tomorrow! So did you atleast eat the tequila worm for protein? Being you said no effin way to the tp!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

It could have been worse, Someone in the looking good thread has an underwear dilemma. lol
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

LMAO!!

Oh this is hilarious. I can totally relate. I think we all have days like that. In fact, there is a comic that I LOOOVE that relates to days like that. They call it the "Sneaky hate spiral." ROTFL. (this has some coarse language in it, fyi...)

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...te-spiral.html
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #10  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Absolutely hilarious!!! Head to bead knowing you made at least a few people laugh, so a small bandaid..... Drink an entire glass of water and take some aspirin, because, sweetie, you probably aren't going to be feeling great tomorrow, but you may be in better spirits. Sweet dreams.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #11  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Ahhh, the morning after drunk ramblings

I actually don't feel too bad. Just woke up thirsty. I took a couple aspirin and have been drinking water like it's my job all morning. Back in the old days of fat Megan, I would get a McGriddle as my hangover-cure food even if I did not have a hangover, haha. I'm alright this morning though.

Well, I did manage to apologize to my guy for acting crazy last night. I'm sure he was confused when I had a meltdown about the stupid pork (although he nearly got punched in the nose when he asked if I was on my "lady week"...he's lucky I was tipsy by that point). So I did apologize for throwing a tantrum, but I told him that I did NOT apologize for being upset. I have a right to be mad, sad, and frustrated sometimes.

I still can't tell you why the pork fiasco infuriated me so much. I think I was just having little frustrations and little disappointments and upsets all day, but I had such a busy day that I hadn't had time to unwind from it all. The pork recipe was the one thing I was confident couldn't go wrong, and it did. So all the upset emotions came spewing out over that minor issue.

Plus (and yes, I'm still ranting about the pork), I don't like those pre-marinated meats anyways. When I cook, *I* want to cook. I want to choose how much of what ingredients to put in it and how to season it. Then I know exactly what is in it and it is my own creation. Not just applying heat to some pre-seasoned chunk of meat. If I wanted teriyaki pork, then I would have made my own teriyaki marinade.....Ok, I'm done, I'll drop it, haha.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #12  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Favorite part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
...freaking teriyaki pork.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #13  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
And the next time I'm having a bad day, I'll think of FTP!
Yep, next time I wake up in a pissy mood, I'm going to say to myself "freaking teriyaki pork" and laugh! Thanks for letting off steam on 3FC.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ditto...that would be FTP...lol
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

This made my morning. Megan- I completely get it! That pisses me off to no end when I'm having a crappy day and just want to unwind and cook a good meal, and make my man do the dishes because "I cooked, so you clean!" I would've rinsed that thing off and pretended it had never been marinated. And sometimes-- you just need a liquid dinner. Also, you're a pretty eloquent drunk.
oddreee is offline   Reply With Quote