General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Default Has anyone made a career change inspired by weight loss/lifestyle changes?

Just curious if anyone out there has embarked upon a new career path after/while losing weight. Did your weight loss inspire you to work as a nutritionist or a fitness instructor? Have you been able to go into a more physically demanding line of work (i.e. as a police officer, firefighter, park ranger) since losing weight?
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Both Meg and Mel became personal trainers after losing weight although I don't believe either of them do personal training at the moment.

My weight loss has inspired me to look for a more physically demanding career, one where I don't sit behind a computer desk all day so I'm looking at doing something in the health related field and start classes towards that goal in January.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

I haven't but I have definitely thought about becoming a trainer......
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 168.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I want to chang jobs. I need to change jobs. Right now my job is pretty physically demanding and everything, buuutttttttttt I work at McDonald's so I'm always around the food. It doesn't help that I get employe discounts either. I was looking for another job, but today one of my managers asked me if I wanted to be crew cheif. I'm kinda in a bind right now so it sucks.

BUT I'm in school and I'm majoring in rangeland sciences and minoing in horse managment. I'd LOVE to have a good paying job and be outside around horses all day. That is my heaven!
est1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I am not necessarily striving to find a more physically active job, however, the weight loss, and the slowly build self-confidence has made me want to challenge myself more than I have in the past. I don't want to settle for anything anymore. I won't settle for being overweight anymore, and I'm not going to settle for menial, mundane jobs.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote