View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #13
AmyonIP

Thanks for everyone's stories. It is really nice knowing more about you all. Great idea on starting it.

My name is Amy (hence the name AmyonIp~lol) and I like long walks on the beach and good book. Haha, I'm a smart alec.
I am married to a man I went to Jr. high and High school with. We knew each other but never dated, weren't even friends really. I had a daughter when we met and he loves her like she's his. She is 13 and we have 2 boys together 18 mo apart. 4 and almost 3. I am blessed with being able to stay at home with them. We have been married for 6 years and he is very supportive of me. He tells me the dinners I make for him and the family are horrid so I won't want to cheat. I told him I don't know if that's good or not. His mom passed away a year and a half ago and we had heard someone talking about alternative medicine and didn't know anything about that, so we went to the local health store and learned a lot, researched online also. Well, they were doing IP there and I didn't get into it because I thought that it was going to be like the other diets I've tried where I just gain it all back, and then some. I had never been heavy until after my bad divorce and I thought I was eating because I was happy. (I'm a smart alec and a little dence too. hee hee) Boy was I wrong. It's a hard journey to look at yourself and find out what's wrong. Anyways, On October 16th our town was doing a Womens Expo and the health store had a booth set up for IP and I asked the lady questions because at this point it had been a year and a half from hearing about it, but I hadn't done anything on my own like I had told myself I was going to do. She asked me how ready I was and I said 7/10. I was going to a BBQ that night and wanted all the food. She said she wouldn't take me as a client until I said I was 10. I scheduled the apt for Monday the 18th and answered 10 but thought, well I'll cheat here and there, at least I would get right back on it in the morning.....Until she explained the program to me. I didn't want to loose out 3 days of hard work for nothing and a lot of money, and that's what got me to 214 pounds, was there were always excuses; a party, BBQ, friends coming over, Friday, Saturday, etc. so I have been committed for 1 month and haven't cheated once (still sounds hard to believe) I love sugar way to much to think I haven't had it in that long. I ate it for all meals and even between meals (not spoonfulls of it, but it might of well have been) I am really enjoying the way I feel inside and also getting down a size in jeans really helps too.
I don't know if I would have stuck with it for this long if it wasn't for all of you, I have had my down days and I just read read read everything I could on 3FC to keep me motivated and encouraged. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for all your support.