View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
uglycold
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

My name is Paula. I've always been called chubby even as a teenager. If I look back at what size I was back then I wouldn't be in the position I've been in for the last 20 years. I've been the classic yo-yo dieter and have tried everything under the sun.

I was married for 24 years to a very verbally abusive man who always called me fat and lazy. I was at my worst when we separated in 2001 at 240 lbs. Once we split over 2002 I managed to get my weight down to 189. After that it started creeping up again.

In November 2009 my best friend in the world proposed to me in the bottom of the Grand Canyon and I made a pledge to myself to spend the year 2010 getting into better shape.

I started this journey on January 2 at 219 lbs. I initially started on the Uweightloss system but as the months went by it was costing me a fortune. In February I found the wedding dress of my dreams and took a big gamble by buying it two sizes smaller.

We got married on October 10, 2010 and I weighed 183 lbs and my dress did not need to altered. It was a real pat on my back. I still had lots of weight to lose and still have a high school reunion coming up in May 2011. I started on the Jillian Michaels program back in June and got in pretty good shape but the weight still was not moving.

I found the Ideal Protein diet and decided to take another gamble and see if I could really lose this weight once and for all. I started on October 31st and the first two weeks have blown me away. I'm now at 173 and looking forward to the day I reach my goal.

I'm not the best at putting my feelings on the table but I will try and do my best. I'm an accountant and have 3 grown children and now two step daughters. I have 6 grandchildren and one more on the way and one stepgrandson. I'm 53 and figure this is my last chance to get into the shape I've always dreamed of.

This feedback system is awesome and look forward to being a part of it.
Paula