Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #1  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default Just needing to whine ;)

I haven't posted for help much lately as everything has been under control for the most part. For the last couple months, PMS hasn't been as much of an issue but I am finding the that this month is really hard! I just started feeling bloated yesterday and I am starving with that gnawing hungry feeling that even a good meal won't take away and it's making me absolutely miserable today. I think part of the problem is that there is still leftover Halloween candy, namely chocolate, in the house. My brain is telling me I shouldn't touch it, but just the thought of chocolaty deprivation is making me so grumpy. I put the bag up on a high shelf but I know it's there. I just thought I should come here and vow not to touch that bag because I know one piece is going to lead to an all out binge. I just wish it wasn't so hard and I didn't feel like such a bi**h to my family right now. I know this too will pass in a couple days.

End of whine LOL
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #2  
Meg

Can you just get rid of the chocolate? Like totally out of the house or in the trash?

My brain gets taken over when there's chocolate in the house too, and there's only one cure. Out!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #3  
I am worth it

I wish I could. I mentioned getting rid of the chocolate and my son was almost in tears. He has been saving his favorites as a special treat for the weekend. At least the child has more self restraint that I do LOL. It is almost gone now, there are just those problem pieces left

I can never win anyway. If the chocolate was gone, it would be the honey peanuts, or my husband's stash of cookies, cheese, or even banana chips. There are just too many things that sound so good right now. I think I will make it through..hopefully without a binge

Last edited by sweetnlow28; 11-16-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #4  
Meg

Aw, that's tough! What I do in situations like that is to say to the person who is saving the treat -- "count them! That's how many will be there when you come back." And then, knowing that it would be very obvious if I mess up, it's easier to leave them alone. Or I make them hide it.

Would some SF hot cocoa or a SF fudgesicle help with the chocolate cravings?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #5  
I am worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Aw, that's tough! What I do in situations like that is to say to the person who is saving the treat -- "count them! That's how many will be there when you come back." And then, knowing that it would be very obvious if I mess up, it's easier to leave them alone. Or I make them hide it.

Would some SF hot cocoa or a SF fudgesicle help with the chocolate cravings?
LOL, thanks for the support I do the cocoa route too I made one last night to get me through. I think I will do that again tonight after an extra serving of veggies at dinner to hopefully fill my hollow legs lol.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #6  
Meg

OMG, I just looked at your stats -- are you seriously just one pound from goal?? You can't mess up now when you're so close!! Just think about how good it's going to feel when you stand on your scale and see that "145"! Trust me, there is no chocolate and NOTHING in the world that will make you feel better than making your dreams come true. Keep your eye on the prize!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #7  
I am worth it

So true I actually did see 145 a week and a half ago but I haven't seen it since because of bloating and eating too much salty soup..my bad lol. I am changing my goal to 135-140 but man it was a good feeling when I saw that number!

Thanks again
Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlow28 View Post
I haven't posted for help much lately as everything has been under control for the most part. For the last couple months, PMS hasn't been as much of an issue but I am finding the that this month is really hard!
First of all - you look amazing - congratulations on your loss, and reassesing your goal. I have nothing to add in the advice department - I have candy all over from Halloween, and it's driving me BONKERS!
I just want to say that it is so inspiring to see you post that everything is under control, and PMS seems much better! That's what I'm hoping for - hormones can be such a mess, and cause such havoc when things seem to be going so well!
Since you're here posting, I'm sure you'll get a handle on it - good luck, and know that you are stronger than a chocolate bar
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

Just keep reminding yourself that eating doesn't solve that feeling, it's a hormonal feeling of hunger, it doesn't come from the systems that look after nutrition and metabolism, it comes from the systems that look after aunt flo and her schedule. Even if you ate you would not fill the hunger because you said yourself that a giant meal doesn't fill the void, so a couple of measly chocolate candies won't fill you up either, but they may well fill you out. LOL This will pass, and eating won't help, this will pass and eating won't help...
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #10  
I am worth it

Thanks :Hug: I managed to avoid the chocolate last night but I did have a cocoa with Splenda and a 100 calorie snack bag of animal crackers. It was just enough to get me through. I have noticed PMS has became a bit easier over the last couple months, this month being the exception lol. I still go through the cravings but it is not as unbearable as it used to be. I also find my cycle is a bit shorter than it used to be. I used to have no less than a heavy 10 day cycle where is is now 6-7 days and a bit lighter. Thanks again for all the replies. I don't know what I would do without 3FC