View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
LouisaH
make it go away

S/C/G: 213/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Salmon marinated in a little soy sauce, fish sauce, fresh garlic and sesame oil (a little sesame oil goes a long way) is my favorite, and serve that over a big green salad that's dressed with seasoned rice vinegar and soy sauce. You can serve them separate and put the salmon over brown rice that's tossed in a tiny bit of seasoned rice vinegar and chopped green onions if you like, and serve snow peas or sugar snap peas just barely cooked on the side (or on the salad if you're going that route).

Dessert: fresh figs with mascarpone cheese and a drizzle of really good, aged balsamic vinegar--I know fresh figs are hard to find, and expensive, so you can do baked apples or pears the same way, just core them and put them in a pan with a half inch of apple cider and a sprinkle of cinnamon--and truvia or sugar if you like it sweeter. Good balsamic vinegar is hard to find sometimes too, so you can use honey instead. Sprinkle some toasted or chopped almonds or pecans over the top before serving.
I reached my goal of 149 eleven months after starting to lose, but that number has crept away as I've tried to maintain for over three years--wish that major loser who lived in my body for a while would come back!

LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote