Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Default Need some encouragement

I am very new to this site, and I'm not sure which forum to be posting in. I need weight loss support, so this seems to be the one!
I am a 44 year old mother of three, business owner, and volunteer. Life gets away on me most days, and I don't think about how I eat. I am also an emotional eater, and seem to be stressed, therefore eating, pretty darned often! Just three years ago, I was in very good shape, competing in triathlons, and bicycling avidly 200 miles per week. I was 30 pounds lighter (unhappy with my weight even then ), and felt much better (younger) than I do now.
I have tried too many times to count to "get back on the wagon," and lose the weight and get back into shape. Truth is, I seem to be lazy, and can't get my act together. I'm hoping there's someone out here who can encourage me along the way. I have been reading many threads all over this site, and have been getting a lot of inspiration - now I have to change that into motivation!
I have broken down my mini-goals, and would like to have the 30 pounds gone by April, which I don't think is unreasonable. Please, any encouraging words are appreciated!
TIA,
Lisha
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #2  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi! Lisha
to 3FC!
Raising kids AND working is so dang hard, but still we manage don't we?
I have 5 grown children (4 boys and a girl) and was a working single mom.

I'm not sure what your eating plan is but it it never too late to get back on track.
I personally am on Atkins. I try to PLAN my meals as much as possible just to cut some of the chaos out of each day. If I know on this day I am eating this, this, and this it just helps me stay on track. NOT that I haven't fallen off plan because I have and recently I might add. In fact, I just blew almost a 10 lbs loss by eating late and not giving any thought on how I was going to satisfy my hunger. BUT here I am, back at it. Don't give up dear. Weight loss has it's peaks and valleys. Hop back on the wagon, there's rooom for you
Best wishes,

Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 11-13-2010 at 11:30 AM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/180/165 lbs 95/82/75 kgs

Height: 5'10

Hi! May I say that you can definitely do this because are obviously strong and capable, you have to be to be a mama, run a business AND volunteer!

Your goal sounds totally reachable by April.

It sounds like you need a plan that will cause the least stress and be the least time consuming with all of your responsibilities.

I put off losing the weight for years because I had to be perfectly on plan all of the time but I finally get that it is an ongoing thing... For me, after a few weeks it becomes more routine and comfy and I regret not getting started and staying OP sooner.

Do you know what has stopped you staying on plan? Was it the wrong plan for your lifestyle or maybe too much at once?

I think calorie counting is a great way to lose. I am doing diet meal delivery this time which has been perfect for all my problems (compulsive and emotional eating, procrastination, sheer laziness, obsessive tendencies, hatred of cooking) and actually enjoyable. I think you have to find the right plan.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Hi, and thanks for the words. You're both right, I need a plan, and I need to stick with it. I also know that I have to be more forgiving and less all-or-nothing. I have tried SB before, and it worked well to lose, but I couldn't maintain.
I can do it, and I will - you guys are doing great, BTW - Congratulations !
And Sunday, I see we have similar goals for our heights!
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote