Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 02:18 PM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias -- #321

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood! I have been to Wally World and the grocery store plus a couple of stops downtown. Now I need to get busy and vacuum the rest of the contractor dust out of the bathroom and start moving back in . . . I am taking my first bath (in a month) tonight!

Gloria -- I was so glad to see your post! A big CONGRATULATIONS is in order for 5# lost and your journaling efforts. I know I do better when I journal but once I "forget" it's sure hard to get back at it. I hope that all goes well for your DH and that you are able to make the trip to see your family. Spring is such a pretty time of year to travel. I will be thinking of you both.

I hope you all are having a nice weather weekend! Do something nice for yourself!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-22-2003, 07:12 PM   #2  

I want to start by telling those of you who have lost:

Great going girls!

I had another clothes moment. Got on a pair of practically brand new shorts that are about 15 years old, 100% cotton, zipper and button front, with room to spare in the behind and legs! Yippee!

Jean: It must be so exciting to finally have your bathroom done. You will have to get us some pics!

Glorida: It was good to hear from you again. Congrat on your loss.

Well, I just wanted to peek in. Have a good Lord's Day tomorrow! Hopefully you will have nice weather. It is beautiful here! Here is a pic of my fearless gs in his roller blades.

Donna
Old 03-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #3  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's been a beautiful day again although very windy. We took a road trip up to MIL's summer home to measure the dock pieces. DH is going to build another section for this summer. There were all kinds of emergency vehicles along the popular tourist bridge area and come to find out, there had been a contest to guess when a car would fall through the ice. Today was the day and they were going to fish it out when we happened by. Our lake is completely open but MIL's is not. Stopped at the Super Wally World only to find they had the same selection of shower curtains that I have right here in our small store.

Donna -- I was glad to see your post tonight. What a treat to have clothes that are too big! I would post bathroom pictures but I don't know how to get them to here. Does that make sense? I would need step by step instructions. T is such a cutie -- thanks for sharing the picture. DH was looking at bike helmets today and wondered if Ian would wear one. Most of the kids around here do wear them when they ride bikes. I think we have a couple of years before we need to worry about bike riding; they live on a steep hill so I will worry!

It is time to head for bed. Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Arrow Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I know our son is still alive because we havn't seen him on TV. My nose is stuck to the TV screen. Stay safe.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:14 PM   #5  

Maggie: Ok, am I dense or is it just because I have only been posting a couple months with you guys. Your son is in IRAQ? Army, Marines, ? I will put him on my prayer list big time!

Jean: I just had to post that pic of dgs. He looks like he is really all pumped up about going skating. For his 3rd birthday, his parents are taking him on a wilderness type camping trip. They have been hiking every weekend with paks to get ready for it. Personally, roughing it to me is Howard Johnson's instead of Marriott! I hate camping! I found the perfect shower curtain for my hall bathroom (it is all in shades of lavender and cream), but they want $50 for it! Is that ridiculous or what? I did do something neat with shower curtains. I bought two gray fabric ones with a two tone checkerboard effect on them, found curtain rings that had clips on the end, and made curtains for our bedroom out of them. Everybody loves them!

I got going this morning and cleaned out the whole garage so now as soon as Friday gets here and we can haul the junk to the trash pickup area, we can start parking our car in the garage. Our kids left a ton of junk for us to clean out when they sold us the condo so I had all that to clean and move, plus it was pretty dirty. I still have to contend with sil's motorcycle because the wuss doesn't want his parents to know he owns one (his brother was killed about 20 years ago riding a bike) and they live across the street from him and dd. He keeps telling us he is going to sell it, but we have yet to see any chance of that.

Well, I stayed op today and did my walk at the mall. I told dh today that I caught myself in our big vanity mirror naked and sideways and boy can I see the change that way. It is pretty ugly, with all the hanging skin, dimples etc., but I can sure tell it is coming off.

Everyone have a good Monday evening and I will talk to you all later.
Donna
Old 03-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #6  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I just sent DH off for a 2 day meeting in Des Moines . . . he is driving my car and I "get" to drive his pickup because it needs tires badly and he laid a guilt trip on me. It rides rough etc., etc., etc.

My oak stairs are now installed . . . I am getting closer to having my house to myself.

Maggie -- I am also clueless about your son. Give us the details please! I don't know anyone who is over in the war zone; I can't imagine what it must be like to be in that position. I'm sure I would be a wreck.

Donna -- You and I can go "camping" together! Congrats on an OP day with exercise . . . "weigh to go!"

I need to make a run to the grocery store. Hope you all have a terrific Thursday . . . I could get used to a 4 day work week!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:28 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Arrow Nighttime on Monday

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I can't tell you any details about our son except he is in the Army Rangers attached to the 82 Airborne in Afganastan somewhere chasing terriorists. That is the bulk of what I know except he is doing his job to keep us free here in the US of A. I am not a bit worried about him because he has moxie and is one of the best. He will do what it takes to get the job done. He was in Dessert Storm and knows his stuff ~ experienced is what he is now. His wife is also in the Army but hasn't been sent over there as of yet. If she is deployed then we get the two little girls while they are gone.

Shower curtains for bedroom curtains is a terrific idea DONNA. I am so glad that insurance companies now deem that obesity is a stand alone disease and are willing to pay up to 60% of the cost of skin left behind after a signifigant weight loss. I knew a gal that had many, many pounds of skin removed. I know I will have some to be removed.

JEAN what kind of shower curtains are you looking for? I once just got a white one and then a pretty white lace curtain as an outer hanging and it was gorgeous. The lace panel didn't cost much at all and the whole set was a mere pittance of what an already put together set was selling for.

Have a nice night and restful sleep my friends.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:50 PM   #8  

Just peeking in to say "good night" . . . .

Maggie -- Thank you for the update on your son as I had no idea! I hope this will be a very short war and he will return home safely. What is moxie? I'm not sure exactly what I am looking for in a shower curtain. The one that I had had multiple colors in it and that is kind of what I had in mind. Everything in the bathroom is white so I do need some color. Around here they are showing lots of neutral and ivory shades along with the bright orange, lime green, and hot pink. I'm not sure I want to face anything quite that bright in the morning.

Have a happy day tomorrow, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-25-2003, 07:52 AM   #9  

Ladies if you haven't already seen it, I posted a thread yesterday regarding the troops on SUPPORT. Go there and follow the link and sign up for the troops. I sat and read the different ones for a couple hours last night. Contrary to belief, we still have good Americans who love this country and support what this country is trying to do. The thread is "Lovely way to show our troops our support."

Maggie: Thank you so much for update on your son. He is definitely in our prayers! God Bless him and his family for their sacrifices! As for the shower curtains, I tell ya, I watch way too many DIY shows. I sure hope between Cigna and Champus (or Tri-Care whatever it is called now) I will be able to have surgery. I am going to be a mess when I am at goal no matter how much weight training I put into it. Sure wish I had gotten smarter a lot earlier in life!

Jean: WooHoo I bet you can't wait to have all the workers out of the house so you can just survey the beauty!

Bubs and Gloria: Where are you ladies! I miss you!

Man, I know I have come a long way with this program when I finish my walk in the mall yesterday and my long legged husband asks me if I am going to leave him behind walking out to the car!!!
It is so great to have some stamina now.

Well, better toddle on.

Talk to you ladies later.

Donna
Old 03-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful top down day and I do believe we will go out among em' this day. I do have an appointment with my doc to get my yearly blood work and perscriptions filled. Won't take long there at all. Then off to the wild.......

JEAN Moxie = extremely smart knowing what is going on around one with great intuitive skills. I love white on white and would go ahead with a white curain. But they make those darling ones with fish all over them or flamingos. You will eventually find what you want..... do you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond shop in Spencer? Now there is a place to go. Maybe you would have to go to Souix City. They are on the internet also. One of our favorite shops for they have kitchen stuff too which would be in the Beyond category.

DONNA don't we all wish we had started this trip earlier and gotten down this road to thin. Especially those of us who started with lots to lose. Guess the younger you are the better you skin shrinks. Mine isn't that elastic anymore. But I don't lose sleep on worrin' bout' the way things auta' been.

Have a wonderful sunny day.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-25-2003 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:26 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a beautiful day again with the sun shining brightly, blue sky, big poufy white clouds, and 61 degrees! It doesn't appear that any work was done here today . . . wonder what the deal is.

Donna -- I will go check out the thread when I am finished here. That was a good idea! I wish we had a mall to walk in but as long as the weather holds, I will be outside walking. You are doing just GRREEEAAAATTTTT!

Maggie -- I laughed out loud when you asked about a B,B, & B in Spencer. Super WalMart is taking over having shut down Shopko and KMart plus a few of the smaller shops downtown. The mall is pretty empty except for Penneys, Hallmark, and a Christian book store. In fact, I don't think Sioux City has a B, B, &B either. I will have to check the phone book for them and check online too. I haven't looked at Younkers either. Do you hear from your son regularly? I hope this is over with soon, for everyone's sake.

I need to make a couple phone calls and then head off to WW. I have a feeling it won't be very pretty but I am hoping for a maintain. We ate Chinese yesterday and I can tell it in my rings. DUMB! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-26-2003, 09:15 AM   #12  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning Ladies

I didn't realize it had been a while since I've posted. Too much going on in the world I guess.

Maggie - I will also add you son and family to my prayers. I have had to just about quit watching the news, esp the graphic stuff on the evening news. I haven't been sleeping well. Worrying about all the GI's over there. My niece is home from the Navy for a month. I think she's home now on leave. Got here just as everything was breaking out. She reports to Japan when she returns.

Jean - I would love to have my bathroom redone too. Well, actually the whole house is in need right now. About the shower curtain - what about the white plastic part but a colorful lace over it. We have doors on our shower so we don't have curtains. I have seen some people still put a curtain up to hide the whole thing still.

Donna - Your little guy is so cute. Looks like he is ready for some good exercise.
I might have to have the surgery too. I have heard that our insurance, Kaiser, will do it in some cases. I just don't know if I'm brave enough to do it. We'll have to wait and see when I get that far.

Well, I still need to work. Sure am ready to retire. Got 2 years and 9 months.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:38 PM   #13  

I am enclosing a poem that was e-mailed to me by a friend of a friend who's son wrote this poem. It tears my heart out to think that this country may be doing to these guys what they did to the soldiers coming back from Vietnam. I hope we have learned something since then. The news reported yesterday that it is costing $900,000 a day in overtime for police for the protesters. Makes me sick to my stomach! I applaud the right to protest, but am sick to death of these dopes who are protesting in masses and have no clue about anything. So many of them were either small children during the Gulf War or not even born and the people our age still need to grow up because most of them are still living in the hippy years for gosh sakes! A lot of young adults actually believe the Holocaust was staged! Hussein is no different than Hitler was. He mutilated and gassed his own people who didn't agree with him, THEN he expanded into other countries. Is it wrong to want to stop it before it gets to that? I think not! Ok, gotta get off that soapbox!

I accomplished quite a lot today. Got my downstairs cleaned, which is always a job because a lot of my flooring is white! UGH! I hate it, but we want to eventually put down pergo and it is pretty expensive so it will have to wait. As soon as dh gets home, it is off to the mall with me to get in my walk. It is a nice day today, but somewhat cooler. I wished the walking area around my condo was better, but I have to do what I have to do.

Our electricity flickered this am and after the condo fire yesterday, it spooked me pretty good! I have now become a nervous Nelly about the wiring in the condo and am keeping a close eye and NOSE on everything!

Hope everyone is doing well today and staying op. I had a terrible day yesterday, but today is going ok. I think I am just bored to death with food choices and am going to have to start using my cookbook a little more.

I better get going ladies. Talk to you later.

Donna
Wish you were here

For all the free people that still protest

your welcome, we protect you,

and your protected by the best.

Your voice is strong and loud

but who will fight for you

no one standing in your crowd.

We are fathers, brothers and sons,

wearing the boots and carrying the guns.

We are the ones that leave all we own,

to make sure future is carved in stone.

We are the ones who fight and die,

we might not be able to save the world,

well, at least we try.

We walked the paths to where we are at,

and we want no choice other than that.

so when you rally you'r group to complain,

take a good look in the back of you'r brain.

In order for that flag you love to fly,

wars must be fought and young men must die.

We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear,

if thats not respected, we would rather stay here.

So please stop yelling and put down your signs,

and pray for those behind enemy lines.

When the conflict is over and all is well,

be thankful that we chose to go through ****.

Corporal Joshua Miles and all the boys from

3rd. Battalion, 2nd Marines, Kuwait.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is cloudy and cooler here today with a few sprinkles of rain off and on. No workmen again today . . . the contractor did call last night to say that they are starting on another project and will finish here by the end of the week. I hope they do so that DH can have his garage back. He is not going to be a happy camper when he gets home tonight and finds his garage still full of building material and tools.

Donna -- Thank you for sharing the poem. We were in college during the Vietnam protests and the hippies just irked the heck out of us! DH's experience in Vietnam was way different from the norm. He went over with an activated guard unit and worked in an air conditioned office while there. He was in the Air Guard and there was also an Army Guard unit activated from the same area pulling about 800+ men out. When they got back home, there was a reception and big parade; all were proud to wear their uniforms. He found out, over the years, that most Vietnam vets returned to very negative thinking people and surroundings. Sad! Anytime you would like to clean some more, head north and west! I don't ever seem to get caught up! Enjoy your walk!

Joyce -- I wondered where you were . . . how long did it take you to shovel out? After today, I wish I was counting down the days to retirement! I wrote a student up for calling me a ***** and he got a 3 day in-school suspension which goes against his 10 absence record. I could have ignored it but 5 other students heard him say it; I was having a conversation with another student and he kept butting in. I told him to be quiet and he just kept going. He is a BD student and takes full advantage of the label! He is not a bit happy with me at the moment. Oh well . . . . . . . .

I need to do some dishes, run the dishwasher, pick up the kitchen, and sort the mail. Today was junk mail day, I think!

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-26-2003, 07:22 PM   #15  

Jean: It is unbelievable to me the gaul kids have today. The worst infraction during my high school years was talking in study hall or an occasional forget to throw the gum out! If I ever found out that either of my kids had ever disrespected any adult like that, man oh man! My kids weren't even allowed to call adults by their first names. I used to get a lot of flack about that, but I was adamant about it. Respect is respect! I had a very very hard time calling our friends by their first names at first (they are all between 65-75.) Good for you for standing your ground! Jack was not in the fighting in Vietnam as he enlisted in fall of 69 and was in aviation school and then shore duty and by then the war was over. Dh and I were watching Fox news tonight and that doofas woman from Cal who is always shooting her mouth off was at it again. Jack made a good point. He said even if they highly disagree with what the president is doing, why are they giving fodder to the Arabs? Oh well, enough said about that!

Where are all the rest of the sweet ladies tonight? We are winding down for the day. Dinner is done and dishes in the dishwasher. All is quiet for the moment until psycho cat starts his nightly testosterone nut run, flying through the air, jumping from place to place, tearing stuff up etc.! Thank goodness he gets fixed next month! (that is our secret so let's not tell him!)

Have a good evening ladies and for those of you still contending with snow, hope it warms up soon!

Donna
Closed Thread