Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 10 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Thankyou to whom ever it was that I read about supplementing with new life styles diet, I still do ideal protein packages but wow what a selection. Hope you all have a great wed.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #3  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Thankyou to whom ever it was that I read about supplementing with new life styles diet, I still do ideal protein packages but wow what a selection. Hope you all have a great wed.
Nashua Nutrition has some good ones too.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #4  
Started IP 8/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Question for you more veteran IPers... Does anyone supplement all their IP packets with a protein shake from protein powder? Like something you would buy at GNC? I can't really justify spending more money on packets, but sometimes I could really go for a shake on my way to work (6 am), packet on my morning break (9am), lunch (12), dinner (5pm) and snack (7pm). I'm usually hungry on my way to work but I don't like having my packet then when I know that I will have 5 hours minimum before lunch. I work in surgery, so it's not the kind of thing where I can snack during the morning! I was thinking about getting a canister of protein powder and having one of those on my way to work. Any thoughts?
Some days I need a 4th "packet" too, and took a suggestion from some of the others here to try the Premier Nutrition protein shakes from Costco. They taste very good (think Slim-fast chocolate flavour) and are very reasonably priced at 18 ready to go shakes for $28.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default off to weigh I go

Ok today will be my 4th weigh in...I'm ready..I always get nervous before
I weigh..the night before and I know I shouldn't but its always been like
that no matter what program I've been on...

I'm getting a little confused...
in my program it says no cabbage and root veggies...
so are the turnips.. turnip greens or realy turnips..??
and do some of you eat green cabbage...????

My doctor is new at this..so the support is not really there..
I'm going to see today if they have the cookbook..if now anyone know where
I can buy it...
Thank you everyone for being there for the newbies of the program...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Just started....

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself. Started IP last week and I am really finding it easy and I am not starving. I have not been successful on diets before so this is terrific. I feel thinner but my first weigh in is Friday... wish me luck!!

PS Soooo happy I found this board, lots of great advice!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #7  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself. Started IP last week and I am really finding it easy and I am not starving. I have not been successful on diets before so this is terrific. I feel thinner but my first weigh in is Friday... wish me luck!!

Welcome to this site! Ip is also the first diet that has ever worked for me and works quickly if you follow it perfectly. Good luck and welcome aboard! We are glad you are here.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #8  
sheila

Eatants, Thankyou I just ordered some items from them. I am excited about the variety.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!

I am curious about drinks with aspartame. Has anyone noticed a difference in weight loss while taking these drinks vs. those with splenda? I personally use Pure Via (stevia) for my coffee, but I am not aware of any drinks out there with this ingredient. I'm asking because my first week I lost 9 pound and my second only 2, granted that the first week is more water weight. During week 2, I had a diet snapple with aspartame everyday (0 carbs, 0 calories). This week I decided not drink anything with aspartame to see if there is a difference. I'm on week three without restricted foods. I WI on Saturday so we'll see what happens. Have a great day! God Bless!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

Had a busy night shift, just got home from work! It's pouring rain here, and freezing when it lands. Its like a skating rink out there! Glad my shift is over, it could make for a busy day in the Ambulance!

I have been taking pictures all along with my weekly weigh ins. I noticed that there was something different about my last picture, but couldn't put my finger on it because it wasn't size, then realize, OMG, my hail damage is gone off my belly!!!!! NO CELLULITE! It's smooth and pretty!!!!!!!!

Congrats Tennessee, that is super exciting news. Please keep us updated. Babies are so exciting!

COQUI - I used aspartame for the first 2 weeks and didn't notice anything. I occasionally still use them when I'm on the road with work and can't find a pop with a Splenda sweetener! Some can use it, some can't!

Well, off on the highway to go pick up my little guy from Grandma's. He spent the night there last night. It will be slow going on the highways this morning!

JOURNEYSEND - If you're headed out today, be careful. It's not just wet, its frozen and VERY icy!

Have a great day!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning fellow IPers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ok today will be my 4th weigh in...I'm ready..I always get nervous before
I weigh..the night before and I know I shouldn't but its always been like
that no matter what program I've been on...

I'm getting a little confused...
in my program it says no cabbage and root veggies...
so are the turnips.. turnip greens or realy turnips..??
and do some of you eat green cabbage...????

My doctor is new at this..so the support is not really there..
I'm going to see today if they have the cookbook..if now anyone know where
I can buy it...
Thank you everyone for being there for the newbies of the program...
Good luck on your WI today! My understanding is that the only root veggie you can eat is turnip as it has less carbs than others. We had a big discussion on the difference between turnip and rutabaga a few days ago as many of us thought they were one and the same. My sheet says no green cabbage, but red is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I am curious about drinks with aspartame. Has anyone noticed a difference in weight loss while taking these drinks vs. those with splenda? I personally use Pure Via (stevia) for my coffee, but I am not aware of any drinks out there with this ingredient. I'm asking because my first week I lost 9 pound and my second only 2, granted that the first week is more water weight. During week 2, I had a diet snapple with aspartame everyday (0 carbs, 0 calories). This week I decided not drink anything with aspartame to see if there is a difference. I'm on week three without restricted foods. I WI on Saturday so we'll see what happens. Have a great day! God Bless!
I believe the deal with aspartame is that it's just generally not good for you- not that it will slow weight loss. Splenda, Stevia and sucralose are all the same thing (at least I'm 99% sure of this - oh wise ones, please correct me if I'm wrong). These latter are the sweeteners of choice.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #12  
sheila

hmmm my coach had said brussel sprouts were ok but that is green cabbage?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Wed. Morning Everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post

Mariann: you have found a very important tool to use with IP...this Forum!!! Tons of info, support and friendship...glad to have you on board!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Had a busy night shift, just got home from work! It's pouring rain here, and freezing when it lands. Its like a skating rink out there! Glad my shift is over, it could make for a busy day in the Ambulance!

I have been taking pictures all along with my weekly weigh ins. I noticed that there was something different about my last picture, but couldn't put my finger on it because it wasn't size, then realize, OMG, my hail damage is gone off my belly!!!!! NO CELLULITE! It's smooth and pretty!!!!!!!!

Congrats Tennessee, that is super exciting news. Please keep us updated. Babies are so exciting!

COQUI - I used aspartame for the first 2 weeks and didn't notice anything. I occasionally still use them when I'm on the road with work and can't find a pop with a Splenda sweetener! Some can use it, some can't!

Well, off on the highway to go pick up my little guy from Grandma's. He spent the night there last night. It will be slow going on the highways this morning!

JOURNEYSEND - If you're headed out today, be careful. It's not just wet, its frozen and VERY icy!

Have a great day!
Thanks for the advice...yes I have to go to Swan this morning for an 11am appointment...hope the roads aren't quite so bad by then
Take care!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #14  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
hmmm my coach had said brussel sprouts were ok but that is green cabbage?
My IP sheet says that brussel sprouts are on the "occasional" vege list that is restricted to 2 x a week only.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

My list sais the same thing about brussel sprouts. A restricted veggie. I have my next official WI on Friday and I'm getting anxious. My coach was out of town last week so I didn't have a WI and I'm so curious as to what it is going to say... I have my scale at home but it is new and so I have no clue how accurate it is... The numbers are going down which is a good sign but still... I am anxious. This is my 4th week so I still have this fear that this isn't really working... my clothes are looser and I feel better but I don't think anyone is really noticing anything yet or at least they are not telling me if they are seeing a difference. 2 more days! How bad is it that I am starting to obsess about the scale when I started I just wanted to be healthier... now I am excited about being thinner.
Closed Thread