View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #61
mamadoll
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

I am at the end of my process and am going in for surgery on Dec 2nd 2010. I have tried for years to lose weight "the old fashioned way", and sometimes I even succeeded. Through calorie restriction and exercise I lost 100 lbs in about 9 months, I think I held at about 180 (I'm 5'9) for all of 2 months before I started to slowly creep back into my "old ways" and began gaining the weight back and then some. I gained and lost many times through out the years through various different methods. WW, Atkins, calorie restriction, diet pills, you name it.

I have a few family members who have had the RNY and so I decided to look into it for myself. My doctor was very supportive of the idea when I asked her about it and from there I went to the information session and started the process. After going to the session and entering the program I learned about the different types of surgery and chose what I feel is best for me.

I chose WLS both as a last resort and because I will do anything to get this weight off and keep it off. I have been struggling very hard since having my twin girls and I have accepted that I need help. I have been overweight my entire life and I have decided that I would like the help of the "tool" to help me make the lifestyle change that I have been trying to make for years.