Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Default fallen off the wagon :(

Yep, that's right. I've been eating off plan for 9 days now. I'm hoping its the last day. I found out I was pregnant 9 days ago and it sent me into a tailspin of bad food choices. I'm having a little trouble reeling myself back in. Tomorrow's a new day and I'm excited to get back on plan again. Has anyone been off plan this long and managed to get right back on? How did you do it?
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #2  
keep on keepin on

S/C/G: 239 highest 227//227/150

Height: 5'2"

congratulations! You may have to modify your plan if you are pregnant.

Last edited by airbear; 11-09-2010 at 07:28 PM.
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

CONGRATULATIONS!

A lot of people (myself included) have used being pregnant as an excuse to eat anything they want. Just remember, if you eat bad food, so is your baby. So just modify and make good choices.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

CONGRATS!!!

My husband and I are hoping to start trying sometime in the next year, so I'm totally jealous, and I'm so happy for you.

My mother (the hopeful grandmother, you know...) has been shoving magazine articles at me about epigenetics. Basically, they've been saying that what happens to us in the womb can effect our genetics. They've found that mothers that over eat and gain large amounts of weight when they're pregnant are more likely to have baby's that are prone to obesity and health problems.

This more than anything convinced me that I need to be on my BEST behavior when (and if) I get pregnant. Hope that helps! Eat on plan for your baby. You only need about 100 extra calories a day above maintenance until you reach the 3rd trimester, and then only about 300 extra calories a day.

Of course I'm not a doctor, so do your own research, but eat well for the baby so they have an easier future than we do!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Thanks you guys for the well wishes, but it was unplanned, so I'm actually really sad about it since I'm in no position to have a baby. I just hate that the news made me spiral out of control with eating.
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You can absolutely diet and have a healthy pregnancy, especially at a higher start weight. My third just turned one month old today and I am only four pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight, thanks to very careful eating and continued activity while pregnant. If you get off plan for a few days (in my case it was three months of really not caring, there at the end of pregnancy and in the three weeks afterward) just get back on. It's really just that simple. Pick back up on your plan and commit to it again, you'll head right back down the scale or at least maintain (if you find pregnancy is making you very hungry and you need more food).

Just start tomorrow morning, make solid, healthy breakfast choices. Then onto the next choice - your snack. Choose healthy. Then choose healthy again. And again. And again. It isn't all or nothing, it is the culmination of a million little choices we make that either get us closer to our goal or drive us further from it. Even pregnant, you have the control over your food choices. If weightloss is a priority, choose to make it so. It's simple (though not easy, necessarily! Those two things are very different!).

I wish you the very best in your pregnancy, diet, and life.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Most of us are rarely ready to have a baby. But, we do it anyway. Hang in there, think positive, relax, do the right things for the baby and enjoy the little one when it arrives!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

You don't have to have a baby if you don't want to!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #9  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

weigh down, i hope this is happy news for you overall!
Most of the concerns midwives and doctors have about being overweight in pregnancy, (risks of gestational diabetes, large babies, and c-sections) can be reduced drastically by eating well and carefully, and staying active. By active, I mean a brisk walk for 30 minutes every day, or 2 20 minute walks. If you are used to more exercise, or want to do more (just stay sensible) that is fine.
We usually recommend 15-20 pounds weight gain for overweight women, and achieve that by not gaining much in the first few months.
Yes, you can get back on plan, the same way go got on plan, JUSt do it!
good luck!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #10  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

shcirerf is right - most people aren't really ever "ready".

And krampus is right too - you don't ahve to have a baby if you don't want to.

I swear switching to healthy eating = getting PG. I am certain that that is what let to me getting PG in 2008. For three months, we tried and tried at the end of 2007 and both hubby and I got a new job and said "let's wait" and then ONE TIME in April of 2008, I said: "no! We don't need contracteption today!" and *poof* just like that, now we have Logan. He makes me very tired... but he is so much fun. I think I am going to try taking him to story time at the library on Saturday.

Anyways... while I was PG, I gained 9 lbs one month. My Dr about choked. I told her it was from eating bagels, donuts, and mini PB cups. She said I may as well take up smoking b/c that would be LESS HARMFUL than what I was doing. That was a eye opener for me. Next time around, I want to be eating my veggies and running for all nine months.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onherweighdown View Post
Thanks you guys for the well wishes, but it was unplanned, so I'm actually really sad about it since I'm in no position to have a baby. I just hate that the news made me spiral out of control with eating.

It's going to be okay. Whatever you decide to do, honestly. Don't feel pressured to do anything in either direction, just listen to your inner voice and what you really want.

Being 9 days off plan is not the end of the world. You just start again (today?) and stick to the plan.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote