View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
Beach Patrol
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I think many people are not actually *reading* the article. There's a LOT more info in the entire article than just "I ate Twinkies & lost 27 lbs!" -

for instance

Quote:
On August 25, Haub, 41, started his cake diet focusing on portion control.

"I'm eating to the point of need and pushing the plate or wrapper away," he said.

He intended the trial to last a month as a teaching tool for his class. As he lost weight, Haub continued the diet until he reached a normal body mass index.

Before his Twinkie diet, he tried to eat a healthy diet that included whole grains, dietary fiber, berries and bananas, vegetables and occasional treats like pizza.

"There seems to be a disconnect between eating healthy and being healthy," Haub said. "It may not be the same. I was eating healthier, but I wasn't healthy. I was eating too much."
That last part, about "eating healthier but eating too much" - isn't that a huge red flag to some of us? I've heard that "you can eat all the veggies you want & not gain weight!" - uh, NO you cannot. A person cannot eat "all they want" of any food & not gain weight.

Also
Quote:
To curb calories, he avoided meat, whole grains and fruits. Once he started adding meat into the diet four weeks ago, his cholesterol level increased.
MEAT! - eating meat made his chol. level INCREASE. I think that's a huge indicator of good/bad health. I know that *I* personally decreased my bad chol. level & increased my good chol. level by adding more whole grain to my diet (brown rice, whole wheat pasta & bread).

Eating! It's a way of life.

You CAN have ANYTHING you want,
but you CAN'T have EVERYTHING you want!
~my mama!

Last edited by Beach Patrol : 11-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote