South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #1  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Default Terrific Tuesday Beach Chat!!

Let me go get some coffee, I've been up since 3:30, damn time change
Old 11-09-2010, 05:44 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

OK, got my java.

I snuck out of my room, careful not to wake sleeping hubby at 3:30. I thought I'd get in an extra 45 minutes or so of exercise. No dice. I checked my forums, weighed (up a pound ) and took to the couch and just woke up (straight through workout timer. I am going for a walk with my neighbor, but it is not hard exercise like I like. I guess I'll try to get it in later, I am still trapped at home with no car and my bike isn't in good shape.

Argh! I hope you all are having a better morning than me.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beloved. I could have joined you then. It sure does take a while to switch body clocks one measly hour. The dogs still want their supper at 4 instead of five although I did try to start the switch last week by feeding them later.

This morning I work on filling the village planters with greenery and ribbons for the Christmas decorations as Delta cranks up for Country Christmas on the 20th. I have a truckload of pine, spruce and cedar branches, thanks to one of the deer hunters who now wants an apple pie.

This afternoon Jazz and I do a special pet therapy with some AZ patients at the nursing home. This will be observed by some beaurocrats from the Ontario government who are considering further funding for pet therapy programmes. I have spoken to Jazz about being on his best behaviour!

Time for a coffee and a poke around the Forum. See y'all later.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

No one's up yet?

I got rid of the cookie dough. I baked it all into cookies and gave them away

No more temptations, and me? I'm back on P1
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers My alarm is set for 5 so of course I woke up at 4:30. I sure hope there will be coffee at this meeting today!

Beloved - I am so impressed by anyone who can bake things without eating them. Even after all this time I can't have some stuff in the house. I bet you will appreciate that nap later.

Ruth - I get excited about the holidays just reading your daily posts Happy decorating.

Today I really am off to the north for an all day meeting. It was nice to avoid the drive yesterday. I got so much done too. It's unusual to have a whole day to clean-up data, write reports and update notes. It may not sound exciting but it's so helpful to have that information later.

Time to get moving I guess.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
I agree with Cyndi - Ruth your holiday activities put me in the mood. Just coming back from vacation to cold weather means I have to sort out our coat and hat/scarf/mitten situation. With a 6 year old, this means I will find a lot of unmatched items. Our closet is packed to the gills but I'm not sure if I can get rid of anything yet. Just easing back into work and things this week.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning you chirpy early birds! Jake woke me up earlier than I wanted to. He dropped his deodorant behind his dresser and made a lot of noise trying to retrieve it.

Beloved, smart idea baking up that dough and then giving the cookies away. Have a great Phase 1 day!

Ruth, it seems early to be filling the planters for Christmas, but I guess it's not. It just seems that the holidays are coming too fast this year! We just got over summer! Geez, in another 2 weeks or so we'll be getting out our decorations. We usually put up our tree the Friday after Thanksgiving. Tell Jazz he'd better be a good little pup for the big guns this afternoon!

Cyndi, I'm glad you had a day to catch up on paperwork yesterday, instead of driving up north in the sleet and freezing rain. I hope the road north is in better shape today!

I'm going to go have coffee with my aunt and uncle at my parent's before heading over to the farm this morning. Tomorrow, we're getting together for dinner to celebrate my parent's 60th anniversary, my mother's birthday, my SIL's birthday, my birthday, and my youngest brother's birthday, all in the month of November. Whew!

ETA -

Good morning, Matilda! I hope you find more matches than mis-matches with the winter stuff!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-09-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm having to gear up a bit early because of going away for six days next week. This is really a big deal in this little town with folks coming from Ottawa, Kingston and even from NY State. The country dinners every Saturday night are a huge success. I'll be on pie making and veggie prep duty when I get back but will be working at the Mill Museum every Saturday.

Here's the website.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning,

I just got back from a frosty walk in the dark. Not as much fun as my walks usually are, that's for sure - but I knew if I didn't go now I'd never get a walk in today. Besides, walking is my stress buster and I needed that, as much as the calorie burn.

Last night was difficult, so many crying teenagers (and adults too - but somehow the long lines of crying teens were the most difficult to see) but the family held up really well. Funeral is this this morning.

Grr... 3rd try at this - hopefully there aren't 3 posts in the thread now! The wireless here is funny and keeps cutting in and out and then my netbook gives me an error message and I end up starting all over. Good thing I took that stress busting walk before I posted.

Have a great on plan Tuesday friends.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Heidi, my thoughts are still with you

for the record, I did eat some cookies, but only 2 1/2 LOL

I don't have much P1 food in the house, I hope I can get a ride to the grocery store.

xo
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Beloved - thanks for starting us off!! I agree that walking with a friend is fun, but doesn't produce that sweat that makes me feel like I accomplished something! Cookies are VERY hard to avoid!!

Ruth - Jazz is going to be a star today, I bet!! Pet therapy can do such wonderful things.

Cyndi - Hope there's LOTS of coffee at your meeting!

MMCK - thanks for the reminder...I still need to check the boot situation for the children. The DS informed me today the zipper broke on his coat...it did!! I'm so mad, it's still even a bit big on him!!

Cottage - enjoy the birthday celebration! WOW! THat's a lot!

Heidi - THe walk is a great way to start the day at such a stressful time. Prayers for you and your family at the funeral today.

The time change made it easier to get up and on the treadmill, so I did. Then my iPod battery died!! UGH!! But, I actually made a 30 minute jog anyway, so I'm thrilled with that.

I am proud to say that even though yesterday was stressful (I put down a 5 mo old kitten I adored), I didn't eat bad food!! Little steps, little steps.

Have a great day!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies. Another bike ride planned. DH wants to squeeze it in early before he heads to his mom's for the day. We haven't ridden in the morning in a while and I am feeling very rushed. Have to go get my beans in the crockpot. This afternoon I am thinking a nice nap is in order while I have the house to myself; slept horribly last night. Then I have another online training conference call for the software I am learning.

Have a great day everyone... gotta run...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Lost my post, don't have time to rewrite

Have a great day...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Run-by fruiting today!! Lots of stuff stacked up on my desk, so I'd better get a move on.

Have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread