Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
For the last month or so, my dad has been really struggling and suffering with COPD and alzheimer's. He has been on hospice care for some time as well. We moved him and my mom into my sister's home. My sister is a nurse and helped to take very good care of him. The last week has been really tough. He finally gave up today around noon. Please keep my mom and family in your thoughts and prayers. My mom and dad have been married for 57 years. He was a wonderful father.
My prayers are with you and your family. Hold your mom close!

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful servants." Psalm 116:15 NIV.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #122  
IP Newbie Beth

S/C/G: 190/186/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone - My name is Beth and I just started IP on Wednesday. I am shocked by how great I feel - I have had more energy in the last two days than in the last two months! I am wondering how people mix up the food as to not get too bored. I have the chicken soup but am looking for ways to jazz it up a bit. I saw Jordanna's post about suggestions and that was really helpful. I am having family pictures taken on December 10th, so I am really motivated to drop some lbs before that. Any tips on working the plan would be great, looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #123  

tle1103 I am so very sorry about your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #124  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread, not in this thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #125  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
For the last month or so, my dad has been really struggling and suffering with COPD and alzheimer's. He has been on hospice care for some time as well. We moved him and my mom into my sister's home. My sister is a nurse and helped to take very good care of him. The last week has been really tough. He finally gave up today around noon. Please keep my mom and family in your thoughts and prayers. My mom and dad have been married for 57 years. He was a wonderful father.
I am so sorry for the loss of your father. You and your family are in my prayers. Rosemary
Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #126  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Today has been a tough day for me. I've been hungry all day long! I'm blaming it on the time change - I normally get up at 5 am, - but today it was 4 am. I usually eat breakfast at 9 am but I could not wait! Same for lunch and dinner. I can't wait until snack time - I've already starving again! Tomorrows a new day.....
I hate days like that, but I get them, too. Sometimes it is emotional hunger and sometimes it is real. If it is real I take lettuce, any kind, and roll it so that it looks like a mini tortillia (I prefer to use iceberg lettuce because it is crunchy). I put WF dressing in a condiment cup and I dip them in. It does not count as anything and the chewing and taste takes away the maddening desire to eat.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #127  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time in your life. I know you are a very blessed lady and will know how to draw strength from God during your time of greif. Judy
Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #128  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown655 View Post
Hi Everyone - My name is Beth and I just started IP on Wednesday. I am shocked by how great I feel - I have had more energy in the last two days than in the last two months! I am wondering how people mix up the food as to not get too bored. I have the chicken soup but am looking for ways to jazz it up a bit. I saw Jordanna's post about suggestions and that was really helpful. I am having family pictures taken on December 10th, so I am really motivated to drop some lbs before that. Any tips on working the plan would be great, looking forward to getting to know all of you.
IP is a great way to lose weight. I have a great deal of energy also and am very pleased with the results of the diet or eating plan, as I like to call it. I have enjoyed this forum and feel like I have made many new friends. The support and interest of the ladies and gents on this forum is over whelming. Have a great IP day! Judy
Closed Thread