South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Melodious Monday Beach Chat

Good morning, ladies (and gentlemen, just in case some of them happen to join us ). Hope everyone had a good weekend. I enjoyed my trip to Charleston. The kids enjoyed themselves, too, so I was glad for that. My sis-in-law rides them pretty hard so I was glad for them to have a weekend away from it.

Friday I got into town, caught up w/ my bestfriend, and then headed out to downtown Charleston w/ the kids and walked around w/ them. Saturday we got up early to go to Emma's (my bestfriend's daugther) last football game (they won!!!) and then we all went out to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and watched the Georgia game on the big screen (they kicked butt...KILLED Idaho!!!). After that I took the kids to the fair. The officer directing traffic was SO bad that we ended up parking the car about 1/2 mile down the road and walking to the fair. Initial plans were to go to the club that night but we ended up staying in and having some people over to drink. We played Circle of Death and, needless to say, it was not very conducive to on-plan drinking. 10 1/2 shots of Sangria and 4 beers later we decided to start playing Spades. We had a good time, though. Sunday we got up early and headed out to the beach to walk on the beach. Grabbed a quick lunch and then headed home. All in all, it was a great weekend.

Now this week I've got a friend flying in Thursday night that I have to pick up at the airport and then my bestfriend will be coming into town on Friday and then I've got my other bestfriend's baby shower on Sunday (did I ever explain that my bestfriend from SC's wife Brandi is the sister of Zach who is my other bestfriend's husband??? LOL). On top of that it's my long week, so I get to work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It's gonna be a busy week!!!

Wow, that was really long post!!! Any news from Heidi??? I sure hope she's coping okay.

So what are your plans for Monday???
Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Some pictures from my trip!!!

Emma in action during her football game.

Tyler hitting Brianna on the Bumper Cars.

Oh LAWD...the hair is CUHRAZY...but I still like this picture of the three of us on the beach.

My absolute FAVORITE picture...this is Tyler when he was rinsing off a seashell he found.

That's all for now.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a nice start to the morning, Natasha! It sounds like you had a great weekend and certainly have a full week ahead.

The dogs are ignoring the time change so I was up at 4:30 this morning. I'm not feeling "top form" so we will see if gym happens. I have two hours before I need to get ready to go there so ...

Yesterday morning I got thoroughly chilled at the ceremony at the cenotaph and skipped the lunch reception at the legion. I had lovely hot lentil soup at home and then crawled into bed for an hour's nap. My bones were still cold when I got up. (I think my iron is low.) I did get the centre done for another quilt but spent too much time relaxing with TV in the back room with the woodstove roaring away.

We have several sunny days ahead so I will really work at getting the outside of the house cleaned up. The temperatures may even go above freezing for a change. I hope so as the eaves need cleaning and that doesn't work well when they are frozen. Since the leaves are off the trees, we've had our first snow and the October full moon, this is officially Indian Summer, I guess.

Just checked my calendar and this is the last full week before I leave to visit my DD on the 18th. It's time to crank it up and get stuff done including getting out, ironing and repairing the costumes for the Christmas pageant which will happen the weekend I get back.

So ... how does your week look? Is it List Time? Come and chat a bit.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm afraid to see it out there this morning. We have a winter weather advisory and it's been sleeting and snowing and raining for a few hours. I get to drive to Burlington for a meeting today and tomorrow.

Natasha - looks like a fun weekend You're the busy one this week. Hope it breezes by

Ruth - Our weekday alarm is set for 5 so no cat problems that early. I hope the dogs adjust quickly. The week is busy enough without early wake-ups.

It sounds like I'll have a lot of meetings in the next few weeks helping plan our campaign for 2011. I wouldn't mind the meetings so much if they weren't in Burlington with the snow starting. Oh well, so it is. Time to get my winter tires on.

Had another family related South Beach moment this weekend. My Dad is not a big vegetable eater and doesn't particularly like new or different things (so odd because as a child I always thought he ate everything!). I made some roasted cauliflower this weekend thinking my Mom and I would eat it. Dad ate at least half of it! I talked Mom through roasting veggies and encouraged her to try others. I will also plan a big pan of roasted roots and squash when I'm there over the holidays. Mom is a great cook but roasting veggies just isn't something she has ever tried.

I need to face the scale this morning. It's my official day to get back on plan, no exceptions! I've made too many less than optimum choices the last few weeks and need to nip that one right now. I don't think the scale will be kind to me. I just hope it's not more than 5 lbs. I am sticking to my plan to exercise almost every day, even if it's not as long as I'd like. It's much easier to lose a habit than establish it.

Time to get moving and get things together. Have a good Monday friends

ETA - oops, set this to preview then got busy
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys,
I'm jumping right back in here...it's been an uneventful fall weight wise. I have started and stuck to a regular exercise program which is good. Just got back from vacation in Florida and the weight gain was not outrageous...although my body is always on a wierd delay so we'll see what happens. I just have to say - Natasha - I remember when you started and your progress is AMAZING - what an inspiration! Looking forward to seeing everyone again here on the beach!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. You'd think it would be easier to get up this morning, but it was harder! I think I need one more day off just to recover from the weekend!

Natasha, I'm glad you had such a nice weekend. You sure packed a lot into it! I hope your week is an easy one so you can recuperate.

Ruth, I hate when I get thoroughly chilled, it seems to take forever to finally warm up again. You followed the perfect prescription, though, with the hot soup and nap, followed by resting in front of the roaring fire. Go easy on yourself today, eh?

Cindy, your weather sounds deplorable! Be careful driving out there! That's interesting about the roasted vegetables - I had to teach my mother what they were all about, too. Now, she and Dad have them all the time. I hope the scale is kind to you. It's time for me to tighten the reigns with my eating, too.

I had a really super weekend and hated to see it end. It wasn't all play, though, as we did get out and work in the yard. The veggie garden is all cleaned out, and I pulled out all the dead flowers and tidied up my flower beds, too. We'll be raking leaves for the next couple of weeks, though, as there are still a lot on the trees. I hope we get them all taken care before the snow flies!
It should be an easy day at the farm. I don't think they had any guests staying for the weekend, so just the usual tidying up and laundry. The girls have piano lessons after school, so I'll take my Kindle along and get some reading done, and I should be able to make it home by 6 tonight.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! Great pics and it sounds like you had fun. Back to the ol' grind....me, too.

Ruth, I am wondering if you'll have your iron checked...I hope so. Let's tackle those projects, eh?

Cyndi, I hope your drive is safe. After a week here with some less than perfect choices I'm back to basics, too. We're driving too, but no snow today.

MMc, good to see you!

Heidi,

Me, off to projects until they're done. Water yoga at 9 and who knows after. I guess I'll take Bing out and check the weather.

Have a great day everyone!

ETA-Hi Linda! Glad you enjoyed your BD weekend and that you have an easy day today.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-08-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning,

I'm checking in from the motel, and I keep getting bumped off line so this will be a short one with no personals, but I enjoyed reading about weekends and plans for today.

As expected, things are pretty bleak and very difficult here. Visiting hours tonight. I sure appreciate the prayers - especially for my brother and sister in law.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, you're still in my thoughts and prayers during this extremely difficult time.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Heidi, I can't imagine how hard this must be. I'm so sorry

Ruth, sorry about the dogs, I woke up at my usual time and worked out, it actually felt good for an esrly start (but I'm weird that way, LOL)

When I get chilled, I try to get my feet warmed, nice woolen socks and a fire sounds good.

Lexxiss, have fun at water yoga!

Cottage, I'm glad you had a nice weekend, Have a nice, easy day

Cyndi, GL on getting back OP, you can do it, just think of the scale, you can do it!!!!

Mmckellen, good for you in sticking to an exercise program, I always feel better when I start my day out that way.

Natasha, beautiful pictures, beautiful family. I also like the one of your son at the shore, lovely colors.I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Me? I'm trapped today with no car, and two tubs of cookie dough. I think I'll make some of my favorite OP recipes, and try to use up the veggies in my fridge that are going to go bad. I'll get creative, and lord help me avoid the cookies :-/
Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good news here, I am working from home today. We talked it over and decided I could do what I need to from here. One more reason to love the new job and boss
Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

Natasha - Glad you had a nice trip to SC. Love that family photo!

Ruth - I'm with your dogs... not adjusting well to the time change yet. Sigh.

Cyndi - Have a safe drive! I agree with that habit losing thing. Sigh. Oh - just saw you can skip the drive

Mmc - Hey you!

Linda - Glad to hear you had a nice birthday weekend.

Heidi - Thinking of you and your family

Beloved - Oh - tubs of cookie dough! I used to have quite a problem with those. Sigh. Sending you

So, Panera yesterday was easy - I had a good snack at home first and since it was mid-afternoon, not mealtime, just had a latte. No scones! But last night I had a little binge, all OP but way too much. It might have been in reaction to my husband sitting next to me with a bag of chocolates. Sigh.

Today should be the third day biking in a row, then that might be it for a while. Need to do some menu planning.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Heidi, thanks for checking in with us. You are number one in my thoughts and prayers today.

BelovedK, I find that absolutely saying no choice to stuff like cookie dough is the best thing. Take care today without your car.

Karen, have fun biking. Ouch for your unplanned eating, but good that it was OP food. It seems the biking weather just keeps coming. Yay!

Cyndi, good news!

Me, starting to pack so the computer is going in my tote. We probably won't be over the hill until late in the day, but I've decided to take my sewing machines so I need to pack a little more creatively than ususal.

See ya'll later.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Heidi- you and your family will be in my prayers.

Beloved- good idea to make your favorite OP foods today.

Cyndi- Glad to hear that can wfh today.

Natasha- sounds like you had a good vacation.

Today is Day 3 of Phase 1 for me, such a good idea to start on the weekend, I can now look at sugary things and not want them, which is good because they have all kinds of cookies and candy and processed foods here in the office today. I am stocked with op foods and not tempted.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Pearlrose, awesome to not be tempted Keep it up.

Debbie, thanks for the reminder of no choice. I'll need to get out my Beck materials. Maybe I'll walk the 3 miles to the grocery store for the fat free half &half I need for my moussaka, that'll take up some time. I can also do some scrapbooking, and work on my cards project.

Karen, kudos for you at Panera! and at least the little binge was OP food!

Cyndi, Yay for working at home!!!!

Now off I go to resist that cookie dough (I did take a little earlier this morning )
Closed Thread