Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #1  
New Lifestyle Nov.1/10

S/C/G: 252/249/170

Height: 5'6

Default Excruciating pain in foot while jogging

I have taken up walking/jogging and am getting a serious pain in the outside of my foot and shin splints. I figured I needed new shoes so went to a running store and was fitted for new ones. I'm still getting this serious pain in both feet. I'm going to take these shoes back and try a different pair. I think the arch support is rotating my foot out onto the outside of my foot.

Has anyone else had trouble like this? Any advice? I will really want to get serious about running but really don't want to be in excess pain.
SillyFilly17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I'm a novice runner, but I would say that excruciating pain should be addressed by a doctor or podiatrist rather than shoes. Yes, shoes can definitely help or hurt, but if it's that bad, I'd get a professional opinion before possibly doing any more damage.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #3  

It could be plantar faceiotous (?). You need to take your feet to a doctor not a shoe store.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

I work for Happy Feet here in FL, dealing with feet all day, yes go see a doctor. Many runners will develop a number of problems including planter fasciitis - if it was this you would feel the most pain when you wake up in the morning taking the first few steps. If it is while you are running and hurts in the balls or where the balls meet the arch area, then the metatarsal arch could be collapsing and could cause Morton's Neuroma (cause two joints to push together and pinch a nerve at the top of your foot). Take a look around Happy feet . net. I'm not spam, you can add me on facebook/myspace if you like. Hope you find some relief!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #5  

I had plantar fasciitis and my doc told me to stretch out the tendon twice a day for 20 minutes each time by lying down and placing a belt looped around my toes and pulling my toes toward me. Also, he told me to get some shoe inserts (found at Wal-Mart or any drug store) to support the arches. All of this worked like a charm
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:02 AM   #6  
New Attitude!

S/C/G: 185.6/170.0/135-145

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm going thru the same thing

I'm actually calling a Podiatrist in the morning because I've been dealing with foot pain off & on for about 4 years now (since a year after becoming a nurse) and now it is excruciating and unbearable. I actually LOVE to walk, and after my intense 30 min walk today, I started limping about 5 min after I was done and still am 12 hours later. I'll be miserable for a day or two and then will feel ok for another day or so and then back at it. It's ridiculous to be in this much pain. I've been trying the different high dollar shoes and nothing works... I actually think I have gotten CONSIDERABLY worse since buying my Sketchers "shape ups"... maybe it's coincidence, but my pain went from a manageable level for the last 4 years to insanely horrible the last 3 months since I bought them.

I am certain I have plantar fasciitis!

Good luck to you, I'll let you know what I hear from the doctor on my end too.

Yes, you need to go for sure.

Last edited by WendyRN; 11-08-2010 at 04:46 AM.
WendyRN is offline   Reply With Quote