Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:42 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Baby Chat Week of March 23rd!!!

Hello all!!!! Man, I will be glad when this coughing and sneezing stops...Poor baby, can rest about 4 hrs and then it starts..I dont like to give her that medicine but last night had to give it again at 2am.....

We did her 3 month pics yesterday..I had her dressed in a pink, smocked bubble suit with pearls..OMG-she was soo beautiful..The lady had her sitting in a white basket with a white picket fence and flowers behind her and a little brown bunny that kept hopping to sniff her face in the basket!!!!She took a bunch and will e-mail them to me by Tuesday to pick them out...
I bought a "Watch Me Grow" deal which was $125 for pics the whole year with no sitting fees and then U get 4 framed and matted pics at the end of the year, plus a family picture....and then at 6 months a 3 picture frame with her feet on one pic, face in the middle and then hands on the other pic, all in black and white...THis lady does great work!!!!!
Well..off to breakfast!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 03-23-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, that sounds like a good deal! Is that just for the sheets, and then you have to pay extra for pictures, like wallets, etc.? Is this a private studio? Hope Kaylee is feeling better soon!

Karen, I like the Graco line of stuff, that's what we got for pack n' play, stroller, swing. I Graco pack n' play's seemed the easiest to open, and the guy at BRU said that too. We're not getting a high chair, because we don't have room for it. We're gonna get the clip on seat from One Step Ahead...they have some cool stuff.

The brunch was nice, although it was more of a buffet than full out brunch. No carving station or anything. Thankfully there was no milk in the eggs, so I had eggs, bacon, hash browns and a roll, and some fruit. I had a few sips of black coffee because someone said it was really good coffee. It was OK, but the aftertaste with no milk in it was bad. Couldn't even have a piece of Peter's cake, but that's OK, because it was just yellow cake with choc. mousse filling and white icing. If it was choc. cake I would've been more bummed.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:33 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Everyone,

I had to fill the rocking chair and crib with tin foil to keep the cat out!! To be honest she hadn't tried the crib, just the chair. I don't want her to get in the habit of sleeping in there so I'm trying the foil. So far, it's working. We are going to buy a new cushion for the chair today because the old one is just gross. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the dog from going in there to "wash" her face on the carpet!!

We are off to the baby show. Have a great Sunday!!
Old 03-23-2003, 10:44 AM   #4  

Lauren--The $125 is just for the unlimited sitting fees and then as a bonus U get the 4-5x5 framed and matted prints(3-6-9-12 months all on one frame with 4 slots) and the family pic sitting..The packages for the pics start at $25...I was paying $10 sitting fee each time at the other place but no pics at the end of the year..It is a private studio and she does pics for the magazine in town here and beauty pagents..It is more expensive than Penney's--the one here does great work but I just hate going to the mall!!!!!!
RR
Old 03-23-2003, 03:21 PM   #5  
LBH

Oh Karen, I meant to mention car seats. We have the Graco infant car seat, but for full size car seats, we're getting the Britax Roundabout. It's top rated for safety, and really nice. Expensive too, $199. retail, but supposed to be worth it. Although I've seen it online for much less.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:06 PM   #6  

Hi guys,

OK, we are ready for Alex!! We got the digital camcorder today. We sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay (old camcorder for one!!) so we finally made the plunge and bought it!! We also bought an air conditioner for his room. So, we're set! Whoops, maybe not!! We don't have the car seat yet!! I'll see about getting it next weekend. We told his aunt what we want and she approved it, so, we're gonna buy it and she's going to give us a check. Yippee!!

Guess what!! The whole line of outer space stuff is on clearance at Pottery Barn for Kids!! It was the newest thing and now they are getting rid of it. This means that ALL my stuff is on sale now. The price was only guaranteed for 14 days, so MIL is going to see if there is anything she can do to get the sale prices. We may have to return everything and then rebuy it. Stuff is almost 50% off!!

OK, off to work on some of his room stuff.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #7  
LBH

Wow, hope your MIL can get the difference. They may not give it to you if you return it, unless you have the receipt.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:49 PM   #8  

Hi guys,

I tried my new Bravado nursing bra today and WOW!! I really like it. It's comfy and gives just enough support. And I have huge boobs so if I can say that it must be good!! I'm thinking about ordering some more of them. I don't know how convenient it will be for nursing yet since I haven't done that !! It's not unlatchable with one hand, but with these knockers nothing will be!!!

Hope you guys are having a good day!!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #9  
LBH

Hey

It's my first 1/2 day back to work. I'm still here, leaving shortly. Karen, can you send me a link to the one you got? I saw their website, but I thought they all looked like flimsy ones. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I have huge ones too, DD before baby, DDD right now! The only one I have that is comfy right now is a Leading Lady soft cup. I'm used to wearing underwire, but I have the same one in underwire and I hate it. I bought a couple of those leisure bras for night time and they're OK. I really need more than one bra though!!

Oh, and no, you won't be able to do them one-handed!! Actually, I wish I could find a bra that had the hook in the middle, not the top. Could probably do that one-handed, and descreetly.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #10  

Hi again,

Lauren:

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/mat_bras_desc_doub.html#

I actually bought mine at the show yesterday. It's so comfy and DH says that it looks nice . I'm DDD NOW!! I can't imagine what it will be once he gets here! There are two snaps so you can get a little more cup room if you need it, just use the lower female with the upper male. I'm totally surprised with how comfy it is. In fact, I think I'm going to order some more now!!

I hope your first day wasn't too bad.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:55 AM   #11  
LBH

Hey,

Karen, so they only have those three bras really? I don't think there's enough support in them. They're more like leisure bras with a little extra support.

My first day back wasn't too bad. It was boring though, I just sat and reformatted CVs for someone. But it was a nice short day that went fast.

I'm happy to report that Peter has been on a roll nursing lately. Figures, when I have to go back to work!! For the past few days, he's only gotten a couple bottles! Sometimes I have to give him an ounce of bottle first, to relax him, if he's really hungry, because I doesn't have the patience to latch on, but usually he's good. I talked to a LC that gave me a few tips, and it seems to work.

Where are you Vicki?! How's Kaylee feeling these days?
Old 03-25-2003, 05:15 PM   #12  

Hey..I am here!!! Kaylee is doing great!! Still with the cough but the pediatex at night is helping!! She goes to sleep at 8pm and wakes up at 1am...then 3am and then 6am!! It is much better than hourly like last week!!! She enjoyed the zoo!!!
She is playing soo good now in her chair and bed!! Daycare has helped her become more satisfied with everyone and not me!!!
They asked for volunteers to go home early today..I did..It was nice to get her early, feed her and play this afternoon!!!
Bras....I like and use the Medela ones..THey are soo comfortable and wonderful!!! Man, I can see my supply getting lower!!! I am able to pump exactly 12 oz what she will need the next day...It is sad!!! I can get no extra...none to freeze just use!!! Soo glad I built up over 100oz in the freezer when I was off!!!
Take care all!!
Vicki
Old 03-25-2003, 08:53 PM   #13  
LBH

Vicki, I just started taking Fenugreek, because I keep reading how it increases your supply. I take 3 capsules 3 times a day. They say once your supply is up, you can stop taking them. I started last night, so it's been just 24 hrs. Results are supposed to be in 24-72 hrs. I don't notice a difference yet. Some women it doesn't work for, some it works great.

If you do a search for it online, you will not find too many articles directly recommending it for increasing milk supply, it's more of a "side affect". I'll let you know if it helps!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:06 AM   #14  

FIrst night without the cough syrup and no coughing!!!! Yeah!!! Well..off to pump and then dress for work!!!!
Almost feel guilty, but I am enjoying being at work away from this house!!!!!Let me know if that stuff works..I am too chicken to take anything medicine wise!!!!
Vicki
Old 03-26-2003, 07:36 PM   #15  

Hi guys,

I have also read about Fenugreek. Oatmeal is also supposed to increase your supply. You can take it in any form: ceral, cookies, etc.

Alex has been so active today. He has his foot or something sticking up right by my ribs right now. Makes it hard to type!!

Have a super evening!!
Closed Thread