South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatter

Good morning! Another early start for me. I've actually been up since 4:30 snooping around 3FC and the Net and sipping coffee.

Just checked the weather forecast and we may see the sun today - maybe even for a few days. It'll be cold but there may be a wee window of time to get some pre-winter garden tidying done. I really want to focus on the flower bed I see from my studio window where I sit at my machine. If the bed is tidied up, it'll be easier to imagine spring flowers under the winter snow.

Today I am going to finish getting out warm indoor clothes! I don't know if it's my body or the furnace but I seem chilly all the time although the thermostat is set high enough and tells me I should be warm. I think my internal thermostat is out of whack. Last winter I was just fine indoors with a short sleeved t-shirt but now I seem to need a fleece hoodie.

Heather and the boys will be here for an early dinner so I need to get organized. The large burner on my stove is broken and I need to do a trial run boiling water for pasta on the small burner. If that doesn't work, I'll be cooking on the BBQ or cooking individual servings eight minutes apart! l may get the stove pulled out and try to fix it myself this morning - it's the switch, not the actual burner. Can I borrow a competent man from anyone - just for an hour?

I hope your Saturday is great. Remember that we get an extra hour of sleep tonight. I will remind my body and the dogs!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning, I just looked at the old thread and wanted to send an extra bit of love out to Heidi There are no words

Good morning Ruth, back later with more personals, DH just came in with coffee
Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. I am so sorry, and please accept my deepest sympathies.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Heidi, I am so very, very sorry! My heart is aching for you and your family.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Heidi, I am so sorry...
Old 11-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning friends.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It's funny how that can mean so much to me when we've only met online, eh? They do though and I truly appreciate all of you.

I'll check in this evening. Right now I'm too sad and numb to visit and I'm anxious to get on the road.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I thought I'd respond to posts since I didn't get back yesterday.

TallandThin, my rescue group helps dogs and cats, primarily. Here I am with my rescue Cocker, Bing, who has been with us for a year and is now a therapy dog.What Cocker variety was your pup? What is your bulldog's name?

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. I've been cold in the house, too. I think our bodies are still adjusting...it's not just you. Have a nice meal tonight...did you find that crusty WW bread?

Okie, I'm glad you enjoyed your movie! Did you end up going out to eat? Super news on clothing sizes! 20, 18....I noticed on FB you are going to try a gym?

BelovedK, I like your tarot cards!

Linda, your weekend sounds busy as you prepare for your folks anniversary. Will the dinner be at your house?

Heidi, you are my friend, just as if you lived next door....in fact, you know me better than my neighbors do. I didn't have words earlier, but I have known the pain of suicide in my immediate family and I understand your pain firsthand. Embrace your family as you deal with such a tragic loss.

Karen, did you get your hard freeze? We haven't yet.

KimStar, I hope you enjoy your commitment free weekend.

Me, getting some chores out of the way before heading over to the swap at our neighborhood pet store. Then it's time to start planning ahead for travel on Monday. Today may be the day I tackle the compost pile.

Take special care today, everyone.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-06-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Today and DH says the other day froze too.

We are supposed to have some nice afternoons this weekend so DH and I plan to get in a couple more bike rides. Haven't had many lately so two days in a row will be hard! And I have a few sore muscles from yesterday's workout; obviously I am not doing enough strength training on my own. Just little things to do this weekend, nothing special going on.

Have a great on all.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Quote:
l may get the stove pulled out and try to fix it myself this morning - it's the switch, not the actual burner.
I did it! I took off the knobs and the glass front on the control panel, found two screws that had fallen inside, screwed them back in and it works perfectly. Whew! I always think of my Dad when I have little victories like that. He was a real Mr Fixit and encouraged me mightily when I first became a single parent.

Now I'll celebrate with another coffee!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Go Ruth!!! I love it when I am able to handle something like that

I'm faltering today, ate some of DD's honey covered peanuts Help me get back on track, I am at a plateau.

My friend just cancelled plans with me, I am not sure what to do. Hubs is gone and I have the house to myself.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

BelovedK, get back on track! Read Beck! Use distraction techniques!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie, did you go see a movie last night? I'm holding off on the gym for now. I will use my legs to walk around the 'hood. I ate at Quizno's, it was good. I didn't get cravings after eating their whole wheat bread, so it's all good!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 11-06-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies... I am getting my coffee on Then lots of cleaning is in store today. I got a free 10 bucks from JCP and I intend on using it before it expires so I will do that as well as return a couple things to kohls and Walmart. I am soooo bad about buying and not wearing and then not returning! I have to stop that madness! Too much in my closet that has tags attached.
That said- I am at a point where my clothes are too tight, still wearable(most of them) but uncomfortable. I am going in the wrong direction and in the past 6 months have gained close to 20lbs. I am so mad at myself for doing this but its all over and done with and nothing I can do about the past just change what I am doing now to improve my future. I planned on starting the gym this past week but got sick, finally went to the doctor yesterday and got some antibiotics- he also drew blood to do two tests for celiacs/gluten sensitivity- he also tested for Vitamin D deficiency, but from looking around the net it looks like most of us are deficient in that anywho, I have to meet with him next week to see what is going on. BUT, if I feel better this weekend(missing a great party ) I will be going to the gym at least 4 days next week. I am very very very excited to go back, and I know I always eat better when I am working out. I have got to get myself under control... its such a viscious cycle, eating bad, feeling bad about it, feeling like you have no control over yourself, so you eat bad again... I am ready for some empowerment!
"When you intentionally change something about yourself that you don't like it leaves you feeling empowered!" and I am ready for that feeling!

OK, sorry for the long rant about myself, but sometimes just posting makes me feel better. Its like admitting that I have wronged and I am ready to make it right... Thanks for listening friends

Ruth- hope you get the stove working! Its too cold to be running in and out to the BBQ~! Just read down and saw you did!!! Ms Fixit! I love doing things like that too! I am the "handy man" of the house- when it comes to construction, and when it comes to electonics and stuff thats dh's part! lol

Heidi- Keeping you and your family in my prayers. (((hugs)))

Karen- Enjoy your little things weekend

Debbie- Hoping your chores get accomplished quickly and leave you some "me" time!

Beloved-
Old 11-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #14  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning my friends I didn't have a chance to post early this morning before things got busy around here. DH and Mr Big our dog were up early and ready for breakfast by the time I got up. Already got my walk in this morning and have been out in the pasture helping DH with the burn pile that we are finally getting to burn. It is absolutely beautiful here today but rain expected tomorrow.

Ruth hope you find some nice clothes to keep you nice and warm this winter. I have a problem keeping my toes warm once it turns cold and when they are cold they sure ache. Way to go girl for fixing the stove.

Lex, your cocker is beautiful. Here is a picture of my cocker, Muff. Sure do miss her. Also attaching a picture of the French Bulldog, Mr. Big, that we rescued a few months ago. Their personalities couldn't be any more different. Mr. Big is older so we won't have him long but we are sure laughing a lot with him now.

Karen, OMG, my legs are letting me know that what little walking I'm doing now they don't like but I'm not caving. I think riding a bike would be so awsome in this weather with all the color out there.

Beloved, Come on now, just set your mind again that you are going to do this. Our minds can be so powerful, we just have to learn to use them.

Rikki, we have (and will again) all go through what you are going through right now. Just hang in there, keep posting and you will come out on the other side in the right frame of mind. to you and Beloved.

Hope you are all having a great Saturday. I'm feeling a few cravings this afternoon so will have to follow my own advice and not cave.

Later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muff on couch.jpg (34.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0219.jpg (33.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by TallandThin; 11-06-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Rikki, you can do this, don't let the weight get higher so you won't have over 100lbs to lose!
Closed Thread