General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Default A little help please, getting married next yr need to lose weight

Hi Guys

Wondered if anyone could help set me on the right track!!

I am getting married in may next year and want to loose some weight by then, I worked out IF I can loose 2lbs a week, I can be 56lbs lighter. I am 203lbs now, so that would get me down to 147lbs. Would love it to be lower, but can`t see that! But how do I loose 2lbs a week?Have thought about low ish carb, but then I love fruit!

I am a yo yo dieter, so have prob not done my metabolism much good. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression, which I am on tablets for ( which I am sure have made me gain weight) and sometimes struggle to leave the house unless I am with someone.

I have had my thyroid tested and it was borderline!!I am always cold and tired. It`s Going to be re tested in 6 weeks. I take a multivitamin, mainly cause we are thinking of trying for a baby next may time and want to be as healthy as I can. Should prob add, I think my immune system is shot, I pick up every cold, bug going, although since i have been on the multi vit it has been a little better.

I just wondered if anyone could recommend a good plan and also ish how many cal/carbs/fat etc I should be eating a day, i have gone under 1200 in the past, have lost weight and piled it back on, this is NOT want I want to do. I maybe want to have a healthier lifestyle than a diet maybe??? So I was thinking between 1300-1500, but have no idea about fat, carbs, protein etc?

Any help would be great. Thank you xx

Last edited by topsy81; 11-05-2010 at 06:24 AM.
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I like this calorie calculator. It seems high, but I find it works provided that that I'm honest about my daily average. In other words, if you are eating 1200-1400 calories "most days" but have a cheat meal once a week, your "daily average" is more like 1600 calories (assuming a 2000-ish calorie cheat meal).

As far as macronutrients, you will find as many opinions as their are dieters, but I do best when I avoid refined carbs (flour and sugar), get lots and lots of fiber, and 40% of my calories from protein.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #3  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Topsy, it sounds like you would do great on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I've lost about 5 lbs a month, as I've been doing it since March. I LOVE it. It is moderately lower carb. You can have fruits, but in moderation since they are sugary. I can always find something delicious to eat. I don't know what the availability of the book is in the UK, but its basic premise is to fill up on proteins and fat and to count carbs and sugar grams.

It is VERY easy, I suggest you check it out!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #4  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Which diet you choose is not going to be as important as your consistency in sticking to the plan you use. Review several and choose one you can commit to sticking with. I know it sounds cliche, but don't negate the help that exercise can be, not just to your weight goals, but to keeping warm despite the thyroid problems. It really helps me. Congratulations on making the decision to be a healthier you.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #5  

topsy81, as you are thinking about dietary changes and plans, please take a look at the discussion under "the bead diet". I am a participant and I can say that with the utmost discipline, it is extraordinary and addresses both physical and emotional obstacles to weight loss.
Annleslie is offline   Reply With Quote