Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Unhappy Nurse now has me worried

Ok so im posting here as dont see the point in joining a pregnancy forum when i may just be having a scare............and i like it here also most of you are woman so a majority of you would have experiencedthis.
I had a scare earlier this year but this is different. im not ttc

Ok so if i start from the beginig so u know where im coming from, 2weeks ago 2day i ran out of pills but didnt realise till the fri that i didnt have another pack, was weekend so had to wait till the monday to ring for an appointment 2 see doc, i have to see sumone at surgary as they always want to check my blood pressure. so all toghter i had a 11day pill break.
During this time i had u/p sex with my partner on day 3 and 4 of the pill break and day 11.
i felt like i was going to bleed around day 8 of my pill break , then by day 12 ( the day i started my pill again) my spotting cleared up.
However id say day 11 i was at most risk. that was sat. and since sunday night i have felt ILL

I have been experiencing the following symptoms.
> dizziness floating like in the beggining part of the day
> Along side neausea
>Lower back and lower abdominal pain ( Cramp and twinge like) Most uncomfortable
> have been getting mirgane symptoms of flashing in my eyes.
> bloating, water retention and urinating lots and large amounts

This had been ongoing for 4 days
So today i rang the NHS help line who advased me to go 2 a walk in center.
They suspected a urine infection.Which i have had before and thats what i thort it was

HOWEVER

There is no infection and nurse has no explination of my symptoms other than testing for pregnancy in a week ( was neg today) i asked her if whena test shows neg cud you still be experiencing symptoms ..............she said YES and cud still take few weeks for positive result to show.

So im mega confused.
If i go by sat thats only 6 days ago ..........can u get symptoms at conception stage? Im worried now , as usually when ive felt similar to this ive had some kind of water infection.
has anyone else has sypmtoms very early when it was to early to test and turned out pregnant?
Thanks in advance
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/148.6/130

Height: 5'7"

i would say that's pretty early to get pregnancy symptoms. usually the hcg has to have a chance to build up in your system in order for you to have symptoms.

i would keep testing- you can get cheap tests online - get the kind where you can just dip them in a cup...they're super cheap so you're not blowing $ on tests. i get my tests from early pregnancy tests- just google them...

hope this helps and hang in there.
socalfelicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Yeah thats what i thought, but by what the nurse said and by reading up online it is possible for some woman.

I just dont wana worry my self incase its not.............my symptoms started before i suspected pregangcy it was my partner who suggested to test. I did a home one and the nurse done one to day.

So my symptoms are purely physical, not in my head as i knw some people can convince themselves
Old 11-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

It also could be symptoms from coming off the birth control so abruptly - I know when I went off I definitely felt different. I agree with the previous poster that it's pretty early to have pregnancy symptoms - although not impossible.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Hang in there and try not to worry. It is awfully early to be experiencing symptoms of pregnancy. Not impossible but unlikely. I agree with emiloots that the more likely cause is the disruption in your hormones from being off your pills for 11 days...that can mess anyone up!

In the meantime
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #6  
Amazing will be me

i am also experiencing extreme drowsyness i feel tired all the time and i get bouts of burning up like a furnace

Im trying not to worry , in general fairly calm just wandered if what the nurse rekoned any one had actually experienced it?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #7  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

*raises hand* I actually start feeling pregnant a few days after I conceive. Tho from what I gather I'm in the minority. But it can happen. I knew less than 1 week after I conceived my second that I was pg (actually about 5 days after I conceived). Took another week for the test to come back positive tho.

Sorry if that doesn't help you with your worry. :-( But I hope things turn out the way you want them to.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

The pill is not as mild as they make you think, it messes
with your hormones which is why it works so I'd imagine that coming
off it is no piece of cake. Also, if you are anything like me you can
literally worry yourself sick. I've worried myself into heart attacks,
athsma, strokes... if you worry enough you can actually make yourself
experience physical symptoms.

Last edited by odonnela; 11-04-2010 at 04:52 PM.
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #9  
Amazing will be me

Thanks for your replys peeps , im feeling much better today so who knows whats been up im still not 100%

im not worried id say more concerned and as explained in previous post , the sympyoms prompted me to seek medical advice so i havent worried n worried and gave my self symptoms.
And the fact i am feelng better today is great. Still a bit off , but much better than i have been
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #10  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I knew I was pregnant before the test would show postive I craved mac n cheese in the middle of the night with my second child and I couldnt get a postive for 2 more weeks he is 7 years old now LOL. It could be you are pregnant or the hormones from the pill. I suggest waiting a week then going to buy a first response test they are the best.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #11  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

yep I knew with both of mine before the test would show positive, I just felt different. I cant really explain it.
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

the burning up hot flashes sound like the hormonal disruption from the pill flux.

I tested too early with my last one and I thought it was negative and I tossed the test. I tested again a week later and it was positive. I was annoyed actually.

It happened from missing the pill a couple of days. I literally cannot miss a single day of the pill or I become "pregnable" again.

I wouldn't trade him back for the world But yeah...I'm on the shot now.

If you don't want a baby at this time, make sure you take precautions until your BC is back under consistent control again!
boots is offline   Reply With Quote