Old 11-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/264/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I need to come back :(

I need to get back here but struggling forcing myself to try once again to get healthy. I know I'm even bigger than when I first came here. I feel like there is just plane no time. I know I want to be thinner but I just can't seem to get back on track. I"m a major control freak, except with this stupid eating thing. I'm going to go buy a scale tonight and a measuring tape and take my measurements and weight and try to sit down and come up with a plan. A realistic plan. Any suggestions?
farmgirl931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

I really enjoy calorie counting, I make it easy by not eating complicated things. Measuring out fruits, veg, lean proteins, whole grains . . . all very simple. I've come to the habit that if it's getting to hard to count the calories . . . chances are it's not the best thing in the world to be eating and there are other choices. I've been told I have some 'control' issues too - so I used it to my advantage

Congrats for taking the step!! Good luck to you
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #3  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I count calories and I firmly believe in making my calories count because I like to eat. That means I've had to learn how to be a terrific cook, since most of the stuff you get out (or prepackaged) is loaded with either calories or sodium or both. Learn to read and understand food labels. Learn to love your veggies because if cooked right you can eat tons and tons. Right RockinRobin?

Start exercising. Doesn't matter what, just start and be consistent. If you are new or starting back to exercising then learn to do it right. I'm in physical therapy right now for a pulled groin because I didn't learn how to do it right.

Everyone has a different view on how often to weigh. I weigh daily (in the morning, naked, after using the potty) and record it in an Excel spreadsheet. I have found that daily tracking is very useful because I have a comment section where if I have a gain I can see it’s because I’m on my period or ovulating or I ate out the night before. I can see how long it takes to start losing again. It keeps me honest.

I also have a weekly TOPS meeting I attend that keeps me honest and accountable, along with giving me a tremendous amount of emotional support.

Then there is 3FC, which is a fantastic board with more knowledge than anywhere else you will find. I’m always inspired by those who have walked the walk and can talk the talk.

The most important thing is to just start a plan and move forward. You can tweak as you go. I sure wish I hadn’t stopped so many times, but at least like you I’m not throwing in the towel. Good luck!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I use Weight Watchers and I love it. It's basically glorified calorie counting, but I'm one that really thrives with the meetings and group accountability.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back

Calorie counting, or low carb (South Beach or something like that) seem to work pretty well!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I like calorie counting too, because you can ease the changes in... I think it's what worked best for me. Fast changes in how I eat always left me anxious, so this time around, I did it slowly. I don't have any food related anxieties anymore.

As for exercise, I had to find something that I wouldn't quit. I tried hitting the gym and having a huge weight and cardio workout and it only got me depressed and in terrible pain. Then I started to work out inside the swimming pool (weight, bike and trampoline) and found my niche! I get a pretty exciting workout and have loads of fun!

That's what's been working for me! Having fun with the process!

Last edited by thaisccs; 11-04-2010 at 07:48 PM.
thaisccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I calorie count. I use www.sparkpeople.com it's great, I have definitely been in the habit though of tracking, doing great, losing 40 lbs or so, then thinking, "I can do this on my own!"

When I gain more than half the weight back, I realize I can not do it on my own and will most likely NEVER be able to do it on my own.

So, I track.

I weight once a week, daily fluctuations can make me too emotional/bingey feeling.

I'm an emotional eater. I never admitted that before this last time and it's really making this easier, because for me, it is NOT just 'eat less, move more.' there is a lot of mental work involved. That more than anything I think will be the decidnig factor in if I can keep it off this time!

I exercise 6 days a week. I can't do much, I have chronic pain, but I do SOMETHING almost every day.

I need to stop leaving here. When I leave here, I know that I'll gain. So looks like they are stuck with me forever!

Good luck, welcome back, and you haven't failed until you've quit!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #9  
Amazing will be me

Me 2 i am bigger than when i first joined last year.

I have been doing ww for 4 weeks and never shiftea a 1lb

but im getting back on the wagon 2mora as i dont wana get even bigger.

I wana be the one posting goal stories

So good luck with your journey
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #10  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

I LOVE calorie counting its great and easy. I also still have things I want I just find a healthier way of doing it like instead of ice cream I have low fat frozen yogurt, instead of popcycles I have sugar free popcycles, etc. I think that helps me alot stick to it as I have a big sweet tooth lol. Ive already lost 21 pounds and I actually weighed today even thou it isnt my weigh day and im down 25 and meet my first goal. I also tell ya the support here helps ALOT
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Another calorie counter here

Good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Yet another calorie counter here. I combine that with a diet that is moderate in carbs and so far it seems to be working pretty well for me.

You can do this one choice at a time!!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I use an low carb exchange program ..which is basically calorie counting. Works well for me.
Good luck to you
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #14  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

It takes a lot of courage to come back and I'm glad you did.

I haven't been at the calorie-counting business long, but it's worked out well for me so far (seven pounds since October 19) and truly feels like something I can do indefinitely. The reason that this time is unlike other attempts is that I am now using all those "failures" not as failures, but as a road map to understand what works for me.

One thing that really helped me make a realistic plan was reading here. I'd spent too long buying into the idea that the only successful diet was one that dropped a lot of weight off me quickly and felt sufficiently punishing. Yeah, I actually wanted to be punished by my diet because it's what disgusting, fat me deserved.

It doesn't have to be that way. Losing weight requires a lot of effort, but it should not require shame and punishment. If you're looking for the best plan for you, look at all the stuff you've tried before and ask yourself why you stopped using those plans; what weren't they doing for you? When you've tried plans that you enjoyed in the past, why did you enjoy them? It's so much easier to stay with a plan that works for your lifestyle and tastes.

I wouldn't walk in a pair of shoes five sizes too small for me and blame my feet for the pain, telling myself with every agonizing step that I deserve this and that if I stop, I must be a lily-livered creature with no willpower. I'd go out and find a pair of shoes that fit me well so I could wear them as long as I wished. Find your proper pair of shoes and you won't feel like taking them off.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 264/244/130

Well I bought a scale last night and it said 271 and I thought I'd fall over. I weighed again this morning and it was down to 264 in my tshirt. I plan to weigh on Monday mornings, so I'll log official weight as of then. I'm already feeling the anxity attacks coming. I need to get a plan together, i think this time I'm not going to jump into any plan, and just start but NOT eating out of the snack machines at work anymore. I would spend at least $20 a week i them. I also eat out almost every day at work, I'm going ot try to bring my lunch. Ham sandwhich has to be better than 3 hot dogs and cheese fries and soda. I also will change to a diet soda. As soon as I started thinking of limiting my eating i started to lose it. So I have to try to start slow and pray a little comes off. My doctor said to just stop drinking regular soda and that will make me drop 15lbs a year. As I get more comfortable with the eating changes I will start to calorie count. Weight Watchers worked well for me last time, but i gave up.
moveforward73 is offline   Reply With Quote