Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #1  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Yoga . . . .

Ok, I've never actually tried it - I mean I have with the biggest looser here and there on the work outs I have, but fear of course, has held me back from really trying it out.
I have had the want to make it a part of daily life for quite some time - but again - fear.
Ridiculous as it is.

70 lbs down, I don't see a reason to be afraid anymore, honestly there really is never a reason to be afraid to try something.

I'd just like to know if anyone else has added it to their almost daily or daily routines and how it's worked out for you?
How did it feel starting out? Were you frustrated not being able to do the postures etc right away? I know everyone is different, but generally speaking how long after did you notice more of a 'flow' to the way your body moved ( i hope that makes sense)

Any and all input, opinions and experiences are greatly appreciated

Thanks All!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #2  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

I love AM/PM yoga for beginners. It's 15-20 minutes and it makes me sleep so well I sometimes wake up achy because I slept in the same position all night! Good luck
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #3  
If you wanna Rock It . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyM View Post
I love AM/PM yoga for beginners. It's 15-20 minutes and it makes me sleep so well I sometimes wake up achy because I slept in the same position all night! Good luck
That looks perfect! I have mornings where I have 20 minutes before I need to be up, I'd love love to get this to be a daily with me.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Namaste!! (I honor all that is good in you and in me)

Are you going to try this at a gym? Or at home?

I took a yoga class for years at my work gym and the instructor was very gentle introducing the positions and kept the vibe in the room very low key. The best thing about it was the relaxation felt during and especially after the class. The focus was always about our breathing. I improved my balance and core strength.

There are positions that are not based on physical fitness and many of the positions can be altered for beginners as long as the instructor is willing to do this. I took a different class at my gym (after I retired) and the instructor was only interested in getting a workout for himself and not helping the students. There were no beginners in there but me. Needless to say, I did not go back but I do a couple of the 'relaxation' poses I learned in the first class before bed.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/195/150

For anyone wanting to try yoga at home, Megan Garcia has a wonderful introductory DVD called "Just My Size Yoga".

It will have you hooked in no time!
Charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #6  
If you wanna Rock It . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
Namaste!! (I honor all that is good in you and in me)

Are you going to try this at a gym? Or at home?

I took a yoga class for years at my work gym and the instructor was very gentle introducing the positions and kept the vibe in the room very low key. The best thing about it was the relaxation felt during and especially after the class. The focus was always about our breathing. I improved my balance and core strength.

There are positions that are not based on physical fitness and many of the positions can be altered for beginners as long as the instructor is willing to do this. I took a different class at my gym (after I retired) and the instructor was only interested in getting a workout for himself and not helping the students. There were no beginners in there but me. Needless to say, I did not go back but I do a couple of the 'relaxation' poses I learned in the first class before bed.
I'd like to take a class or 2 at my gym, but realistically it's not feasable unless I can find a babysitter for 830pm to 10 for monday nights, and only monday nights . . . or I take a day off work Luckily I have foudn a sitter for this monday, yay, so I'll be giving it a try. But most likely it'll be something I can add in at home.

Charms - Thanks for the suggestion, i'll be loooking into that DVD for sure