South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Thoughtful Thursday Chat

Today will be a good day. We have fruits in the house but not for long, hee hee hee. The oranges are almost gone, so I hope my mother goes shopping for some fruit over the weekend! It's almost the beginning of the third month for me being on plan. Yesterday was a great day. I feel well rested, as I slept till 12:00pm! I have an appointment with my PCP. She hasn't seen me in a month. Tommorrow, we'll find out how much weight I've lost since the last time I saw her. I hope I hit 297 or even lower as I plan on collecting my reward for reaching my first goal on Friday! Have a great day chickies!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone. Today should be my last day posting for a couple of days. I've got to hit the gym after work and then it's home to get some sleep. Get up and hit the gym again, go to work (off at 0100 hrs on vacation time, yay!!!) and then hit the gym again and sleep some more, then wake up and get ready to go to SC. Yay, I'm so excitd!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Have fun Natasha!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Okie, how exciting to find out how much weight you have lost I know it must feel good not to dread the scale

Have fun Natasha!!

I had a bad eating day yesterday, and hope to eat OP today. DH is taking me out for dinner tonight. I am going to suggest a little Mexican restaurant where I get OP (basically) fajitas. Once a week out to eat won't hurt me.

Work later today, it is raining buckets here in VA (yuck)
Old 11-04-2010, 06:03 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I have a 7:45 info presentation and then I'm off to my parents for the rest of the week. It will be nice to be work free for a few days. This should be the quiet time until after the New Year though the New Mexico trip will be busy. I'm looking forward to time to organize my work space and stuff.

Okie - Can't wait to hear about your weigh-in!

Natasha - Enjoy your mini-vacation.

Beloved -

Rain here too (I hope, the alternative worries me) today. Ah well, at least I'm not in and out of the car a million times. Hope your Thursday is bump-less and the weekend is here before you know it!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Okie, oranges don't last long in this house either - they're one of my favorites, too. I'll be looking forward to reading about your weigh in - how exciting to be so close to getting down into the next decade!

Natasha, take care and have fun!

Beloved, here's to an OP day!

Hi Cyndi, have a great day and a safe trip to your mom's. Enjoy your long weekend, you sure have earned it!

I am going through SF gum withdrawal. I've chewed the stuff for years, but really started chewing a lot of it since I've been on SBD. It's a lifesaver for me when I'm baking and don't want to be tempted to taste test, and at meetings and events where there's lots of tempting snacks. The past month or so though I've had embarrassing bouts of gas and last week I finally made the connection. I've been trying different brands but so far haven't found one that doesn't bother me. It seems odd that this issue would just start up out of the blue, doesn't it? I'm really sad about this - but not sad enough to put up with the embarrassing gas.

OK, now that I'm done whining, enjoy your Thursday friends. May we all be on plan and motivated to exercise today!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-04-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's raining here today, too.

Okie, I'm sending you good vibes for another super day, and I hope you see the numbers you want on the scale!

Natasha, I'm glad you were able to get off work early to get ready for your trip! You really inspire me with your dedication to exercise! Have a great trip!

Beloved, enjoy your fajitas tonight! Some restaurants will bring you lettuce leaves to wrap your fajita filling in, if you ask. I actually like them better that way.

Cyndi, have a safe drive to your parents this morning, and be careful of the slippery roads with the leaves!

Since it's raining, I'm just going to take my time and enjoy my coffee this morning. I'm in no hurry to get to Cindy's. I think I'll pull out all the silver today and get it all polished for the holidays. That will make for a pleasant way to spend the day.
Tomorrow morning will be spent cleaning my own house, and Monica and Carley will be coming out to spend the night.

There you are, Heidi!
That's interesting, about the gum. It's a lifesaver for me, too, and I'm rarely without it, but I sometimes have the same problem. I never made the connection, but it does make sense. I'll experiment and see if that's my problem, but I hate to have to give up my gum!!! By the way, that Zumba CD I was talking about is called Wii Zumba Fitness, and will be released around Nov. 26.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-04-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. FoodObsessed, I hope you have a "fruitful" day with some veggies thrown in. Sorry but I couldn't resist!

Natasha, busy but energetic as usual! I hope you have a wonderful time in SC. Your agenda until then looks very tight.

Beloved, I hate rain too but around here it's a good alternative to the other this time of year. Enjoy your fajita treat. I may make that for dinner tonight.

Cyndi, it will be wonderful to work just one job like a regular person, right? At least you know your job is worthwhile. A few days with the parents sounds like a good break for you.

Heidi, I'm glad you figured out that gum was causing the problem. Who knew?

Cottage, when you've done with Cindy's silver - very nice stuff, I remember - could you come and do mine. It's one of my major pre-Christmas jobs that usually gets left until the 24th,

It sure puts a different perspective on the day when you get eight hours of sleep and wake up at six instead of three. Yesterday was an awful day with problems just piling up - not personal but volunteer job ones! My desk is completely covered with files and notes but I feel more able to tackle the mess today. I think the paperwork breeds in the night.

Meals are planned for today, the garbage is ready for its trip to the road and the furries are pottied, fed and back to sleep. All's right with the world for the next ten minutes and I plan to keep it that way today. Grey's tonight will be my reward for being "an island of calm in a sea of chaos".

Happy Thoughtful Thursday.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning Linda - and thanks.
I googled it last night, it looks like fun. I'm not sure if I'm coordinated enough to do it well, but my son's been asking me what I'd like for Christmas so if he asks again I'll mention that.

I'm still hoping that I might find a brand of gum that bothers me less..... I don't want to give it up yet, especially this time of year. But I'm very unpleasant to be around when I chew it these days so I really don't have the option of just chewing it anyway.

Hello Ruth I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep last night! Good luck tackling all you have to do today, and congratulations on being an island of calm!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-04-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Somehow, I got late on checking the web, so it'll be a quickie again!!

Okie - can't wait to hear!! You're doing awesome!

I've been much improved on my eating this week, and MUCH better about my exercise. I'm not sure I mentioned...my leg started hurting 2-3 months ago, and I drastically cut back on my running...but not my calories!! I need to go back to the dr. and get a referral to a PT, I hope. Enough of this!!

Just had my protein pancakes...YUM!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks. Late arrival day for the teen so starting slowly today.

Have a great trip Natasha!

Heidi - I chew way too much now. mostly in the afternoons or evenings when I am home and trying not to snack. Yep, makes me gassy too; glad to know I'm not the only one. If you find a brand please tell me!

I'm headed to the derm today for my annual mole check. I hate that whole strip down and have someone exam every inch of you thing. Sigh. But must be done.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/150.5/135

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches

Good morning!

I am on Day 8 of P1 and down 5 lbs. I have given up Diet Coke too. I had a pinch of a hashbrown yesterday in a moment of weakness (but threw the rest away). It was amazing how the second that hit my mouth, I wanted a Diet Coke so badly. It is crazy how all that stuff is related.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got up late after an "off" day, yesterday...turmoil and the resulting poor food choices. I've been busy with my rescue paperwork (should have done yesterday) since I have to go to our pet store to help with a project right after water aerobics.

Thanks, everyone, for checking in! I've read posts, but don't have time for personals today.

Okie,

Randi, great news on P1!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone. Just a quick check-in as hubs and I are at home sick today. I'm hoping it's just that we ate something bad, but the stomach bug is going around, and I'm worried that's what we're in the beginning of.

To top it off, we were supposed to go to a different bank this afternoon to open a new savings account (want to keep our assets spread out for safety), and I've lost my SS card. The closest place to get a new one is 3 hours away or I can mail them my drivers' license and birth certificate. Bummer! We'll either have to open the acct. in just hubs' name, which I don't mind, unless something were to happen to him and then I wouldn't have access, or sit on this cashier's check for more money than I like to have in the house until I can go get a new card. I'm going to keep searching, but I think it's a lost cause at this point.

Well, back to bed I go. At least I have some shows recorded to get me through the morning!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

FO - You are going to do great with the scale tomorrow and your PCP is going to be so proud of you.

Natasha - Will miss your posts but have a great time and check in when you can.

Beloved - Yesterday is gone and today is here so sending stay strong vibes your way. Hope you have a great op day.

Cyndi - Finally! you get to relax a little.

Heidi - You know withdrawals can be the pits but am so proud of you for figuring it out and trying to cut back on the gum.

WT - OMG, you sound just like me. Ever since I had a melanoma removed last year, my derm has me strip naked and goes over my body inch by inch and believe me there are a lot of inches there! I just hate it and in fact cancelled my appt last month because I just couldn't face doing it. Need to reschedule some day soon.

Kim, Sorry to hear you and DH are sick and loosing your ss card is the pits. Hope things get better.

to everyone else.

Got my oil changed yesterday and of course they said my tires need replacing and my bearings (whatever that is) need to be repacked. DH said they are crazy so won't worry about it. Got my walk in while waiting for the car and it was a beautiful day. The colors are just bursting right now. Didn't find my walking dvd but will keep looking. Instead I bought myself a Cuisinart food processor hoping that it will help these arthritic hands a bit. Cost a little more than a dvd would have but what the heck.

Well time to get on with my day and get the walk in. Had leg cramps again last night so have to up my water intake today.

Later
Closed Thread