View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
Belinda0509
Overcomer

S/C/G: 527/455/170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandchick1 View Post

[...]. It sounds like you're counting calories. So why not go ahead and buy these things (the almonds and such) divide them into single serve portions and put into seperate baggies? The individual bag will help remind you of the amount you are eating. [...]
I did this with Baked Ruffles. I was buying the big bag and would end up eating the whole thing in just a day or two. So this time around I was very mindful of what I was doing. I bought the bag and divided it into 9 servings like the bag says, put them in individual baggies and put them all inside the big bag. I didn't eat any the first day (yay me!). The second day I ate one and although I enjoyed them they didn't taste as wonderful as I imagined they would. For me, I think being mindful of them and separating them into individual bags took some of their power away for me. It's been 5 days now and I still have several baggies left. What this proves to me is that when I have a problem area in my life, I need to find a way to manage it and make it work for me. I hope the OP can do the same.

Belinda

This is a journey that will take me a lifetime,
but it is a journey that will give me my life back.
Belinda0509 is offline   Reply With Quote