Thread: Wonderslim #5
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
Waterwoman64

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone - after reading about the water conversation, have decided to attach some information that I found some time ago and have shared previously. But think there are enough new people to share again, and it also does me good to remind myself about these things:

Water: 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated (likely applies to half the world population); in 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger; even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%; one glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a Univ.of Washington study; lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue; preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers; a mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math & difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page; and drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Actually, feel that I am one of the lucky ones as I do like real water. However, it needs to be cold for me......so I refrigerate my little bottles, or have it over ice. I have four 17.5 oz. snapple glass bottles that I use and refill daily to get my water. Hope this info. helps

"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" Epictetus