Height: 5'5 and a half!

Default November 2010

Morning all! It's a new month!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

And a new beginning for me today! I went shopping this weekend and filled my fridge with fruits and veggies. Its chicken and fish for the next month. I am prepared!
I went for a run/walk yesterday and it felt awesome!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, your hair grows so fast! Happy November!

Joan, Good for you! Its not only good for your weight to eat like that, it is good for your health.

I pushed the limits of WW this weekend, eating all the points that I was allowed (normally I don't eat all that I could eat)... but stopped before going over. I earned quite a few activity points in the last week, including yesterday's 90 minute spin class, so I "earned" those M & M's and that snickers bar. Ha! Oh well, I do think that an occasional higher calorie day is good for your metabolism, especially if you counter it with a high calories burned. I had more than enough candy to last me until Christmas though...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #4  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Morning All!

Here's to a new month.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #5  
Joan

Barb- Thats cool, a 90 minute spin class, that deserves a small treat!

I thought about trying the IP diet but after looking into it, I think I would set myself up for failure. I chatted with my hubby this weekend and he is on board with the healthy eating. We are going to just follow the Canada food guide. I bought 300 dollars worth of groceries and there wasnt any chips or crap to be seen. I did buy some unsalted cashews and almonds but they are allowed.
A friend of mine started running two months ago and he is down 30 pounds. Its amazing what real changes can happen for some people.
Anyways, its one day at a time!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan

Jillian- I saw your halloween pic's on facebook. What an awesome looking bunch! Hope you had fun with the kids!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! I had my first visit with the surgeon today and all looks good. I've managed to lose about 1/2 of the required 5% weight loss (pretty much all within the last week following Angie's plan) but he wants me to lose another 20 or so before my Dec 20th visit. The more weight I lose before the surgery-the less risk of complications. He advised patients to follow a strict calorie-counting diet using all pre-packaged food so that you don't underestimate calories. But I don't think that will work for me-my body responds better to low carb diets. And that's what I'll be doing post-surgery so may as well do it now. . .

I don't know whether I can do Angie's plan to a T for the next 2 months but I'll try. I'd like to get it off fairly quickly so I can just maintain through the holidays.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JM - 1/2 way is great - I'm glad things are moving forward with the surgeon. My friend that had surgery last April (May? ) is doing great and while she has her difficult days, she is still overall thrilled about having it. She could barely walk before and now she is moving really well - loves to use the stairs! (She had a lot of mobility issues prior to surgery - 2 bad knees, used a walker)

Joan - Honestly, I think that a whole food approach is really the best long term solution - good luck!

Jillian - good lord, that hair does grow fast, huh?

Angie - Thanks for warning us away from the candy. I brought all mine into work today and gave them to a person far away from me. Barb is right - I don't want to hear about candy until at least Christmas!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

The candy is killing me...okay it's the chips really, just sitting out there in the kitchen. Unfortunately I have to keep them around as the child who runs this household would totally meltdown if they all disappeared. Maybe I'll let him eat the whole lot this weekend.

JM -- I'm glad it's working for you. I typed out the phase 2 plan, and if I can lay my hands on it I'll pm you with it. It's a little more generous than phase 1. They put me on phase 2 when I lost about 20 lbs.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #9  
Joan

Down half a pound this morning! I will take it. Heres to another day of healthy eating. I packed myself a fabulous salad for lunch. Planning to make salmon tonight for dinner. Eating healthy just makes a person feel better! On my way to a healthier me!!!

Joan
Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

yay Joan!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

i also reset my ticker for another 5lbs. wondering where i'll stop at? i'm sure it's soon.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #12  
Joan

OMG Jillian, you are doing fabulous. 155 is awesome! You must be so proud of yourself. WAY TO GO
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

thanks! i'm in awe most days and still feel weird when buying medium sized shirts, etc. i figured since i'm at 159, i'll just start setting 5lbs goals for myself since i'm not sure how much more is gonna come off. we'll see where it takes me.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #14  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Jillian - your profile pics are some fun and it's amazing how you change before our very eyes! Kim - you're doing great on IP....congrats; JM - good luck with shedding 20 lbs by Dec 20....I totally get what your doc is saying, but is 20 really doable in less than 2 months? Well, I know it is, just has never happened in my lifetime that quickly! Just wanted to pop in and day hi and congratulate all you inspiring women!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #15  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - sounds like there is some good losing going on around here! I am a little stuck at the moment - it's not official WI day yet, but so far this week I have been fluttering up and down the same couple of lbs. Not freaking out, but boy it was nice to see that sclae go down every day. Up, not so fun. Time for some food bootcamp!

Joni - how are your small horses? I am still in love with my neighbor's boxer, Petey. Everytime he comes into my house I amazed at how friggin huge he is. I call him Secretariat. I can't imagine having 2!

Last edited by Kimphin; 11-03-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote