South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Transformative Tuesday Chat

Good morning all! I really need to stop sleeping in the afternoon for I can't sleep at night when I do! Biggest Loser is on tonight and I must say, I'm hooked. This is my first season watching it in its entirety and Julian and Bob are loco to the max but they're effective when it comes to helping the players get the job done! My other Tuesday show, One Tree Hill is back so it'll be a fun tv watching day! I will be going to the bank and picking up some fruits at the grocery store. Stay on plan and enjoy the journey to good health. Cheers!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 11-02-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Morning, Okie!!! I myself have never gotten into Biggest Loser, but I imagine if I gave it a shot I probably would. Hope you're doing well this morning.

Anywho, 3 more hours of work for me and then a day off. Yay!!! I've got a hair appointment this afternoon and I'll probably do some grocery shopping beforehand as well. Other than that all I'll be doing is packing for my trip to SC and watching Glee. Yay, Glee!!!

First, I have some personals from yesterday's thread:

Beloved - Cute picture!!! I hope your pictures weren't ruined. I spilled a glass of tea on our family Bible one day (it's been around probably 70 years at least) and was terrified I had ruined it, but luckily it was just fine. Hope the same is true for you!!! Here's to losing that extra pound that you found.

Ruth - Wow, it sounds like you are always GO GO GO. I hope you get some time for yourself at the end of the day.

Heidi - I guess you could call me a workaholic...but I'm not so sure it's ALWAYS by choice, LOL Luckily I love my job so it's not TOO bad...but sometimes it'd be nice to have a little more time off. Oh well. You've got me craving brownies now, LOL

Cottage - Thanks!!! So glad to hear you're feeling better!!!

Cyndi - You're another one always GO GO GO. We are some busy ladies around here!!! Thanks for the laugh today...I giggled at the monthly exercise thread.

Twynn - Oooh, please DO share the soup recipe...what kind is it??? I love a good bowl of soup...especially since it's so easy to freeze some for later if you make a large pot.

Lexxiss - I don't blame ya...I'd be at the pool all day everyday if I had my choice!!! Oh lord, working so much before vacation is definitely tons of fun. LOL When I went to Boston a few years back my vacation leave got denied due to staffing shortage (a couple quit and then we lost a dispatcher in a motorcycle accident, so tragic) and I had to swap some days out w/ a co-worker. As a result I ended up working 7 days straight, flew out to Boston and stayed 4 days, flew home, and then worked another 7 days straight. YUCK!!!

WaistingTime - Yep, I'm going for fun!!! My bestfriend lives there and it's the last football game for her daughter this season. I wanted to make it down to see one of her games, so we set it up about a month ago. I'm so excited!!! And good for you for not giving in to the Halloween candy or the neighborhood buffet!!! I'm glad I had to work...my nextdoor neighbor always has the good stuff...snickers, twix, reeses, kit kats, etc. UGH!!!

Chubby - Good for you for going and getting a second opinion!!! I wouldn't go back to the other place again, that's for sure!!! I stopped going to Meineke after one of their mechanics got ticked off when I wouldn't agree to an engine cleaning at 15K miles (ON A TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!!).

Lamay - Good for you for not giving in to the cheesecake!!! I posted a recipe in the forums here for a sugar-free low-carb cheesecake. It's really yummy if you wanna try it. At least then you wouldn't feel so guilty. You are definitely not the only one w/ that problem, hon. Sweets are a HUGE weakness for me. When I get to the point where I just HAVE to indulge now, though, I go to Sonic and get a 99 cent Sundae. It's tiny but just enough to satisfy my craving. And I have to say that given the choice between candy, chips, crackers, and cheesecake I think I'd be in the same boat as you. I mean, cheesecake is like God's greatest gift to mankind or something.

Alright...done w/ personals. It's been a busy night at work, but thankfully, only b/c of one call. We had a HazMat situation happen and we're still out on it (6 1/2 hours later). I was super nervous when we got the call b/c in 10 years I've never had a HazMat call...but everything went smooth and everybody is going home safe, so yay!!! Here's the article (although it's not a detailed one, really, so there's not much to see): http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/sto...7460&catid=175 Oooh, they updated it some.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Okie, I love the title of today's thread! Transformation is really what we're doing here when we make a long term commitment to a new way of eating. I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil, but his line is "we cannot change what we don't acknowledge". Thinking about your sleep patterns is the first step to making a change. My DH takes a nap every afternoon, but I usually don't because I have a hard enough time sleeping at night. Cheers! To good health! See ya later.

Natasha, I always think you are the busy one, especially this week. I'm glad your haz mat turned out ok. We live on the interstate here, too. Sometimes the truck accidents are really bad and other times....once it was a semi load of avocados that turned over. Lots of them went in the river and people were fishing them out.

Me, just the usual list. I always forget the pool is closed for 2 days for maintenance in Nov. so no pool today or tomorrow. They are having a club member party tonight to appease us, so I think I'll go. Before anything...coffee!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Transformative is a great word. I sometimes say I am "under renovation" but may change that to transformation. Still musing about a good nickname for you, FO.

Natasha, until I read your post, I didn't know what HazMat meant. It's nice to see you first thing in the morning. You have a great attitude.

Debbie, your pool talk always makes me want to go to the nearest pool which is over 30 minutes away. I just don't have over three hours free so will have to be content with the gym which is just ten minutes away in the next village.

Yesterday was jam-packed but I survived and so did the dogs who were on their own for six hours. (They got lots of praise when I finally made it home.) There was a presentation for one of the quilting ladies who is moving and I was coerced into staying instead of leaving at noon as usual.

Today is an "at home" day with just a library trip planned. I have a ton of accounting work as usual but hope to get in some new quilting and some outside work. Actually the outdoor stuff should take precedence because today is going to be but cold. The Halloween stuff needs to come down for sure and I'll find the Christmas lights in the barn to do later in the month.

First ... a healthy breakfast and today's food plan and a treadmill session. I have discovered I can read on the T-mill if the book is large print.

Have a good Tuesday!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Ruth. I, too, have been thinking about some transformation this am. I'm thinking that I might have an "at home" day, too. Bing and I just returned from our visit outside and I'm fully recognizing it was way more fun when it was warm. Great that you can read on the treadmill!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Okie, I like today's thread title, too. SBD has transformed the way I look, the way I feel and the way I feel about food. I've never watched Biggest Loser either. I'm not much of a TV watcher. (But I'm lost without my laptop and internet! )

Natasha, thanks for the link to the article. My DH has retired now, but I used to hate it when he had to haul propane.....he's a careful driver but I always worried about faulty equipment and/or others on the road who weren't as careful as Fergie. Enjoy your day off!

Hi Debbie, I remember the last time your pool was closed - has it really been a year already? Enjoy the party this evening.

I talked a friend into hooping with me! She's skeptical, but we've got a meeting at the church this afternoon and she's agreed to stay afterward to try one of my hoops. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm also feeling a little self-conscious. I love hooping but I'm sure I look kind of silly.

Good morning Ruth - I'm going to have to check out your large print tip. I see other people reading on their treadmills but I always get a headache and a queasy stomach when I try it. My mom often gives me large print novels and magazines when she finishes with them, I just never thought of trying one on the treadmill!

OK, time to hit the shower. Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I like the idea that we're all going through a transformation, eating the SBD way.

Okie, I watch The Biggest Loser, too, although I don't agree with some of their tactics and challenges. It's fun and inspiring to see some of the huge transformations on the show, though.

Natasha, I'm glad everyone is going home safe after that HazMat situation. Only a few more days until you leave for vacation! I'm glad you were able to get the time off.

Debbie, it's good that they keep the pool in tip-top shape, but I know you'll be missing your daily swims today and tomorrow. Enjoy the party tonight, though. What do you have lined up for today?

Ruth, enjoy your treadmill book-reading! I got a bookholder to put on my bike, and it sure makes my workout a lot more pleasurable.

We're below freezing this morning for the first time! I think as soon as the sun comes up, I'll go out and see if my impatiens survived the night. They've survived several frosts and were still going strong yesterday, but I really doubt if they made it through last night's freeze.
The girls' dance recital was really nice, and it was sure cute to watch Maggie's class. I have to give the instructor's credit for patience! They have today off because of the elections and are going on the Hunt with Cindy this morning, so I can get some tidying up done while they are gone, then we'll have the afternoon free. We want to go on a scavenger hunt through the woods to gather some pinecones and seedpods for a craft project, and Audrey wants to try out a recipe from children's cookbook that she got from the library, so we'll have a fun day.

Well, my tummy is rumbling and wanting it's oatmeal. I'll be back after breakfast!

Heidi, you beat me again, LOL! Have fun hooping with your friend, and don't feel intimidated at all. At least you can do it! I love to hula-hoop but I can't even get it going anymore. And you should see me trying to do that hula-hoop game on the Wii! Talk about embarrassing, LOL!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-02-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well it's a big day in my universe. I hope all the US Chicks plan to get out there and vote today!

Okie - I too love the thread title. Thanks for framing my day just the right way. I need that perspective today.

Natasha - Hey, I'm serious - you are my exercise inspiration. Even with all the hours you work you find time to work out. This month I'm figuring out how to blend the new job with my old exercise routine.

Debbie - I hope the coffee has made it's way into your cup by now. I hate to admit it but we are almost through the first pot already.
I need to refocus on transformation. I have realized once again just how easy it is to lose those new habits and perspective.

Ruth - I wish I could figure out how to read on the treadmill. I usually save up all my movies to watch for the winter treadmill season.
Happy at home day

Heidi- I'm the same way - no TV but plenty of devices to connect to the internet. I have to try hooping. Did you start with a video or do you just put music on and go for it?

Lots of last of the election cycle stuff to get done today. We will go out to vote and do a couple of hours of visibility at the polls. Then it's data crunching. This afternoon we are off to Burlington. I'll do a little office work then DW and I are having dinner with my team and heading to the appropriate election night party. It will be fun to spend it with the people I've worked so hard with the last two months. Technically our team has the rest of the week off but between my time at the old job and a meeting I scheduled (for 7:45 Thursday morning talk about needing a new secretary!) I'm not really off until Thursday midday. This morning I also need time to fix my hair. Something is wrong with the color again.

Have a good Tuesday and hey, don't forget to vote

ETA - Hi Cottage I was back on the Wii hula hooping last night. I'm glad I can't see myself because I know I look ridiculous

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-02-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #9  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning ladies

Natasha, I want the cheesecake recipe!!! I am really wanting something to make for the holidays. Last year I made a sugarless cheesecake for MIL, she is diabetic, but it is not low fat.

Okie, I wish I could keep up with TV better, I would love to start the Biggest Loser from the beginning.

Cottage, that sounds like a fun day with the children

Cyndi, I'll bet it is a relief that election day is here, and after Thursday you can rtake a rest (I hope) I wish I could fox your hair for you (I am a hair stylist and love doing color)

Good morning Heidi Have a nice day!

Debbie, I need to think about my sleep patterns, I don't get enough sleep, which I know is bad. I like the concept of transformation too. That is what we are doing!

Ruth, Good tip about the large print, haha. I would need that. I have a hard time with the treadmill, I get so bored. I walked outside this morning.

I did an interval training DVD this morning, and then my 45 minute walk. I feel good. I had this yummy bean veggie chili with FF sour creme for breakfast (yum) I am so sick of eggs. I am meeting my old best friendf for coffee and then I will try (again) to get stuff done around the house. Yesterday I was going through some sort of depression I couldn't seem to even get started, and I was moving as slow as molasses. I was blah
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Just trying to stick my head in this AM to help me keep on track. Did great yesterday, except for (of course) too many cashews!! Considering I had a 4 mile run and a 2.5 mile walk with a friend, I think I'll be okay .

Just shoved the kids out the door, and in a few minutes the contractor will be here....time to remodel the downstairs bathroom....WOO HOOOOO!!! The space shuttle shower is GONE!! Once I show him everything, I need to VOTE!!

Have a great on plan day!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Okie - This is my second season watching and there is so much I dislike about the show and the methods, but I too am hooked.

I may or may not go to the gym this morning. It is hard to just get out the door some days. But if not I will elliptical at home. I spent hours yesterday, with more to come, trying to complete an online application for new family medical coverage. It is so discouraging how many hoops they make you jump through, especially since in the past I kept getting rejected. I'm hoping the new health care reform will make this easier.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! It's strange to be here before 10:00 a.m., but I'm off today, so that explains it.

Zumba was great last night, but I had missed two weeks of classes due to travel and illness, so I was having a rough time of it. DH had to meet me outside when I got home to toss me my inhaler. I won't make the mistake of leaving it at home again.

FO: I know what you mean about napping in the afternoon. I made my bed so I'll be less tempted to climb in and mess it up this afternoon! Enjoy BL tonight.

Natasha: I'm glad the hazmat situation went smoothly. Now you can say you have one under your belt!! Enjoy your day off!

Debbie: Oh, I bet you're bummed about the pool. My hubs can nap in the afternoon and sleep at night, too, but it's always in his recliner while a game or something is on. Have a wonderful day!

Ruth: Enjoy your at-home day! Sounds like the doggage is all grown up since they can stay on their own so long. Give them a pat for me!

Heidi: I assume you're talking about hula-hooping? I bet that's fun, but I can never get my hips to move the right way!

Linda: I've really missed hearing about the girls. Sounds like everything is fantastic and you're still number 1 in their eyes!! Cindy must be so grateful to have someone like you care for them!!

Cyndi: I bet you and DW are glad this whirlwind of election activity is coming to a close, although I'm sure it's exciting to be such a big part of it. Enjoy your weekend; I hope you have some laziness planned; and good luck with the hair coloring!!

Beloved: Sometimes I think we need those "do-nothing" days. It always helps me de-stress to sit outside and read all day or even join DH on the couch to watch some tv! I hope you get done what you want to.

, Twynn! Have a great day!

WT: Sorry you're having so much frustration with the applications. I hope it goes well for you today!

Since I'm off today, I'm going to take advantage of it and get Mt. Saint Laundry wiped out, take down the Halloween decor, and clean the house up. Having my sisters here this weekend was great, but 4 people in 880 sq.ft. sure make a mess quickly! I'm hoping I can talk the cleaning lady to come in for a few hours this week, skip next week, and then come the week before Thanksgiving, since I'll be out of town. It'll take the pressure off of DH to have it tidy when I get home.

Today will be an easy day since I'm at home. My biggest struggles & temptations are always at work. I'm going to get started cleaning, do one of DH's custom-for-me workouts, and then relax a bit before getting dinner started. It's a busy day, but I'm already feeling so productive that I don't mind a bit!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 11-02-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I really appreciate it. I paid the price for staying up late. I went to bed at 4pm and didn't wake up till 12 noon!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK so here's the skinny. (HA. Skinny. Right.) I got the promotion at work, and I bought a new car. (See pic.) YAY! No more hand-me-down cars! Things are really heading in the right direction for me and I'm super happy.

Of course the weight keeps going UP down UP down, but I've been pretty good for the most part. Have been doing my Biggest Loser wii game again, and minus having Halloween candy in the house (and only 3 Trick or Treaters, I mean SERIOUSLY!!!!) have been eating fairly well. Chris is much more open to buying healthy things that I like (low-fat yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, whole wheat pasta, etc.)

Anyway things are going well and I'm feeling great! Hope all is well with you. Just wanted to check in real fast. Have a great day!!!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Newcar2.jpg (38.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good afternoon everyone. I'm late getting on here today but got sidetracked with morning chores and my walk.

Natasha - Although not the one you posted, the cheesecake recipe that I used was a phase 1 legal. It made 12 cupcake size and I just couldn't stop eating them. Thank goodness it was a phase one or I would have really been in trouble. I still have four of them in the freezer (no, didn't toss them in the garbage yet) and so far I'm afraid to try and eat just one.

Lex, OMG what I would give to have a pool. I would be in it all the time. When we were children, my sister had polio and her therapy was in the pool and I got to go along with her. Needless to say, we have both loved the water ever since.

Well time for lunch and then a little rest before getting on with afternoon chores. It is beautiful here so perhaps some outside work will be in order.
Closed Thread