South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/274/180

Height: 5'6

Default What is phase 1.5?

I'm in my second week on phase 1, and already starting to get nervous about phase two. In my last try on this diet in the spring, phase 2 really stalled me, and I eventually went totally off the diet after being so good for so long and seeing no results on the scale. Can someone give me an idea what it's about? thank you all!
tab23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #2  

Your story sounds just like mine!! I did well onP1, but my progress went downhill after adding back in foods-I lost control. So here I am re-starting P1,too. Best of luck to us both!
Angel
evylangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Ditto. Phase II totally stalled me. Restarted on P1 today. Hopefully I will see some movement!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Me too!!!! I also had some off plan foods at around a friend's wedding which set me off. Not giving up though, just starting over.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/274/180

I feel much better when I'm eating this way, and I'm afraid
to start adding sugars back in! Good luck to you you guys- I
know we can all do it!
tab23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

To answer your question tab23, here are a few links I found helpful:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...ml#post1390480

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...phase-2-a.html
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Phase I.5 is when you add things back after Phase I slowly.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #8  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

I'm starting my 4th week of phase one and guess what, after the first two weeks, my weight has remained the same and I haven't even started phase two yet! I'm holding strong though and except for one slip with too much on plan dessert, I have stayed true to phase one (well except for missing some snacks and a meal here or there). I just came home from the grocery store and did buy two apples and a small container of rasberries. Not sure if I will end up eating them this week or not. We'll see.

Last edited by TallandThin; 11-01-2010 at 06:54 PM.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #9  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

I think what stalled me for a whole week was jumping into Phase 2 too quickly while my body adjusted. So when I scaled back to Phase 1, and added one thing at a time, the scale was moving again. So while I am careful with fruit and milk, I only allow myself 1 serving of the homemade whole wheat bread I've made, and that's as far as I've gotten with Phase 2.

Didn't know it was called Phase 1.5
So usually 1 serving of milk, 1 bread serving and maybe some fruit. I need to up my veggies more but so far, this is working fabulously
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Lamay, why are you still on P1? I have more to lose for my height than you and I left Phase I after 2 weeks. Get on the Phase 2 wagon so there are no more slips.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamay View Post
I'm starting my 4th week of phase one and guess what, after the first two weeks, my weight has remained the same and I haven't even started phase two yet! I'm holding strong though and except for one slip with too much on plan dessert, I have stayed true to phase one (well except for missing some snacks and a meal here or there). I just came home from the grocery store and did buy two apples and a small container of rasberries. Not sure if I will end up eating them this week or not. We'll see.
I did 3 weeks of phase 1 and didn't loose much if anything that 3rd week either.

Most people seem to slow down or stall during their 3rd and 4th weeks on plan whether they move into phase 2 or not. My theory is that our bodies need to 'catch up'. The timing is unfortunate though because phase 2 gets blamed for what would most likely have happened anyway.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #12  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

If you are Type A Personality, it might help to track your food and keep a little record of what you're eating to track down patterns that might delay or stall you a little bit. Tracking has been invaluable for me to go back, see what I did that produced a result I didn't like!

With that being said, you're so close to your goal and (ideal?) body weight for your height, that perhaps your body is being stubborn, give it some time and patience Don't be discouraged, you're working towards making this a lifetime change in the way you see and eat food, with the added bonus of a little weight loss on the side
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote