Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Atkins One-Week Goal Thread

I got the idea to make a one-week goal thread. If you've read my posts in the Christmas Challenge thread, you know that I've been struggling so I need to make some goals and have some accountability! Anyone can join in with their own goals. My start/end day is going to be Saturday.
My goals for the week of October 30, 2010:
  • Do Walk Away the Pounds or walk outside every day
  • Drink all water every day
  • Don't bite nails
  • No Halloween Candy AT ALL!

I've been making an effort to stop biting my nails, which is a bad habit I've had most of my life. If I can make it through the next couple of weeks without biting hopefully I can drop the habit completely.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #2  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Great idea, Linsy, to start this thread. Count me in on the one-week goal thread. My goals are: EVERY DAY
To drink more water
To take a walk
To eat a small salad with protein at lunch
To eat a green vegetable with dinner

Let's have a "Feel Good about Ourselves" kind of week!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #3  

Way to go Sandy!

Today I've done well! I've been drinking water, (not enough but I'm going to finish it off before I go to sleep) I haven't bitten my nails and I'm about to get up and work out right now. I also didn't have any Halloween candy.

I added a new ticker below my weight loss ticker. I plan to get up and exercise once a day until November 30th, because I'm going on vacation in the beginning of December. I might have to remove a day or so if it clashes with my flight time because it's not set in stone yet, but it's a good guideline. I think 30 days is good to aim for. Plus, once I get myself moving for a month I'll get into the habit and keep going!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:01 AM   #4  
Less Juicey

That sounds great, Linsy. I'm starting today. Thirty days is a good time span choice. Anything you do for thirty days becomes a habit. At the end of two weeks, consider rewarding yourself with a professional manicure. Your new nails will look so good. Enjoy your day.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

I'm trying hard today, Linsy. I'm drinking the nasty water - I hate water. And I just washed, dried and bagged a head of romaine lettuce and made Caesar dressing, so it will be easy to make a salad. I get really tired of prepping and cooking and cleaning up, but NOT tired of losing weight...so here we go!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #6  

That's great Sandy! I love your idea of getting a manicure. I think that will be my self-reward for completing 30 days of exercise so I can enjoy my nice new nails on my vacation. Right now they're way too short to do much with, but hopefully after a month they'll look a lot nicer.

Yesterday was a good day! I did everything on my goals list, and drank just shy of my water--I got about halfway through the last bottle before I fell asleep. I'm going to count it is a success, though, because I also have problems with drinking water. At least I made a solid effort and almost got it all down.

Have a good day!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #7  
Less Juicey

Good job, Linsy. I just got back from walking my dog Puddin' the giant German Shepherd, so I've done that part. I've eaten right (a Caesar salad for lunch and I'm planning another with dinner, but haven't drunk all my water. I bought some zero carb lemon-flavored business so I'll have a couple of those before I go to bed. Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #8  

Doesn't it feel great to get something done? I realize that I'd rather do something that I don't want to do that will make me feel great in the end rather than putting it off, if that makes sense. I can't wait until my body gets stronger and I can move on to more difficult videos. I want to be in shape!

Today was great too! I'm drinking the last bit (well, a lot of it LOL) of my water right now. I just finished exercising and not one bite of Halloween candy passed my lips--I was tempted and even looked through it a little bit, but nope! My nails are also bite-free. I've taken a tiny nibble off of them occasionally but I can stop myself from turning it into a bite-fest! I really feel in control.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #9  

Yesterday I didn't drink all of my water--oops! I'm trying to get it down today though. Still not a bite of Halloween candy or my nails. My most important goal is the exercise. I'm going to do WATP in a couple of hours. I'm thinking of starting a blog to put in my meals, exercise and weight so I can analyze what works and what doesn't.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #10  

* More water
* More veggies
* More exercise

Lose 2 lbs!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #11  

I haven't been doing well. I'm sick today and I don't feel like doing anything--I'm going to try to drink my water and I need to exercise but I don't know if I should push myself. I'm afraid to give myself a "rest day" because tomorrow I might feel even worse!

I still bitten my nails or eaten any Halloween candy, so I'm happy about that.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #12  
Less Juicey

This turned out to be a not-so-good week for me. Still sick, back to the dr. today for a different antibiotic. I did take a walk five days this week, which isn't bad. I'm concerned about daylight savings time going away, though. My walk is going to have to be right after school, or I'll be in the dark. No weight loss this week, no gain either. So it's okay. I'll have a better week this week! What's important is that we not give up and keep plugging away.