Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:49 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Oct. 30-31

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #2  

Default Replies to some posts yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
I've been on ideal protein for 3 months and have lost 33lbs. Not breaking any records compared to others but NOTHING has ever worked for me - at all! So I can't complain. I've tried to go without restricteds for a few days but weight loss doesn't speed up so I'm back to eating them now. ... Last month i only lost 2.5 lbs a week and was disappointed but at the end of the month found out I had gained 7lbs of muscle. But for the last 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight at all. I haven't cheated so I don't know what's wrong. Is it a plateau? Did anyone else plateau? I have pcos and last month was the first time in months that I had an issue where my cycle changed and I kind of skipped it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Figgypudding! Congratulations on your weight loss and your fat loss! I hope that since you discovered little to no weight loss can mean lean body mass (muscle, bone) gained and a lot of fat lost that you won't take the lack of movement on the scale too personally. If your body is healing and building more lean body mass -- that is great news!

About the PCOS: Very low carb diets such as Ideal Protein require your pancreas to produce insulin. All the endocrine glands (pancreas, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries/testes) communicate and regulate each other through hormones, one of which is insulin. If the amount of any hormone changes, the other glands will be affected. That's why lots of women, even those who don't have PCOS, see changes in their cycles on IP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxistxxx View Post
I just had my 4th WI yesterday. I was down 5 more pounds for a total of 23 lost! And Ive lost 1/3 of my body fat and finally have a healthy BMI!! I did have a spoonful of PB when I found out one of my friends had died right next door. I hope that it doesnt slow me down too much. I had a question too. Does age have any thing to do with how fast we lose? I am only 18 (19 next saturday and im having a princess party lol moms idea) and my coach says Ive lost weight the fastest she has seen...I was just wondering.

Back to my birthday. I just met my dad for the first time about 2 months ago and he and my birth mom (i was adopted I live near her now) haven't seen each other since the night they made me. He is coming for my birthday and I am soooo nervous. I am an emotional eater so this is hard for me. Does anybody have any ideas how to fight my nervous habit in super stressful big emotion times? Thanks
Pxistxxx! Age is definitely a factor in weight loss. Generally the younger you are, the higher your metabolic rate, the faster you lose weight.

WOW! Congratulations on finding your biological parents. This is a lot to take on at the age of nearly nineteen and feeling nervous in this situation is normal at any age! Your nervous feelings most likely are the result of all the scenarios running through your head about how the meeting will go and what that will mean for you. Sometimes what helps me is to write down each scenario and then think about how I would deal with that. Can you just let yourself feel nervous? Just because you're nervous doesn't mean you have to eat, right?

Have you found any adoptee internet forums? That might be a great place to get ideas about how others have dealt with this kind of situation and the emotions about them.

One possible practical solution: Could your dad and mom meet without you? Maybe that is the plan. And even if it is, what happens in their meeting and what they have to say to each other is about THEM, not about you. That may be hard to understand or to hold on to, but it is what's so. And know, that they probably want this to go well -- for your sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Yesterday I got rid of the 70's....169 yesterday and 168 today!!!!
Ciebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
I can understand that the thread was getting too big, but how about if you make a thread that was four days long. Still more time to get to "know" other posters, etc.
Christine, I totally get what you're saying about getting to know people. Having the weekly thread was like having a big comfy couch. It was a leisurely and luxurious meandering conversation. And it's gone for Ideal Protein on the 3fatchicks forum.

Hating to bang the drum again, we'll be on the daily thread unless the IP forum becomes a lot less popular. A lot of people griped and moaned about the daily thread -- including me -- but it's the only solution that works. Also having a thread duration of some non-natural length that could turn out to vary from thread to thread would be really confusing. As I said before the moderators who are unpaid, overworked volunteers requested we move to a daily thread. It's a sign of success.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Christine, I totally get what you're saying about getting to know people. Having the weekly thread was like having a big comfy couch. It was a leisurely and luxurious meandering conversation. And it's gone for Ideal Protein on the 3fatchicks forum.

Hating to bang the drum again, we'll be on the daily thread unless the IP forum becomes a lot less popular. A lot of people griped and moaned about the daily thread -- including me -- but it's the only solution that works. Also having a thread duration of some non-natural length that could turn out to vary from thread to thread would be really confusing. As I said before the moderators who are unpaid, overworked volunteers requested we move to a daily thread. It's a sign of success.
Where is the hanging your head icon The daily thread is what it is! Long live the weekend thread!!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy weekend everyone! I haven't posted lately, but I'm still in a little shock after weighing this morning The scale said 159.6!!! I haven't been in the 150's in at least a decade plus a few!LOL! This is week 12 on IP for me, and I'm now just a few pounds away from a 40 lb loss! LOVE IP!
For all of those just starting; hang in there the first month was horrible for me, but I wasn't going to quit, and I'm so glad I didn't as it just gets easier the longer I'm on! Believe me no food or cheat tastes better than seeing the numbers on the scale go down!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all! It sounds like everyone is off to a great start. I am much more encouraged than last week. (Didn't lose but 1 lb) This week so far I have lost 4 lbs! I'm hoping to top my record to make it 6 by the time of my weigh in on Tuesday. My coach wanted me to start doing thigh exercises so I ordered a thighmaster. I didn't even think they still made those things!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great, safe weekend!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Up drinking my herbal tea and getting some housework done before we head out of town. We're going to the Ole Miss/Auburn football game and won't be back until Sunday. After some great advice on the boards I've decided to pack my actual meat and veggie meals along with my IP packets.

Not sure what is going on with the whole ketosis thing. I thought for sure I'd hit it yesterday because I wasn't hungry but I checked with ketostix last night and it is negative. Doesn't matter to me what shows as long as I'm not hungry and the scale moves.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #8  
Sheila E.

Small victory this morning for me. I stepped on the scale and have hit the 130s. I start this journey at 190ish by working out for 2 yrs and then finally after only getting down to 174 starting IP and losing now over 30 lb (according to my home scale, not my official weigh-in)

While you were sleeping...

mtrchristian and JessicaCourez was asking when to weigh your food, cooked or raw.
My coach says weigh meat cooked and measure veggies raw.
Linden shared the nutritional info for Horseradish to answer WyomingGuy:
Regular prepared horseradish, per tablespoon, has 7 calories; .18 grams protein; .1 fat; 1.69 gr carbohydrates; and .5 fiber
There were some more questions about thread lengths and I think I'm Svelting addressed them quite well above.

Princess Pxistxxx has her 19th birthday coming up next week and was asking if age had anything to do with the rate of weightloss. Her coach mentioned she is losing weight faster than anyone she has seen.

RockyMonarch and JessicaCourez shared their wealth of knowledge by responding to several posters.

YAY!!! Ciebelle hit the 160s yesterday and had to buy some new clothing to hold her over.

Congrats to everyone with the great losses yesterday and NSVs!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #9  
Sheila E.

Does anyone have the ingredients of the Veggie Chili? Does it have some sort of "bean"? I haven't tried it yet but curious...tis the chili and fuzzy sock season suddenly.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #10  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

EatAnts
I look forward to reading your recap of the previous day. What a great idea. Thank you for all your hard work!!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #11  
Sheila E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
EatAnts
I look forward to reading your recap of the previous day. What a great idea. Thank you for all your hard work!!
Thank you...but I'm only recapping the later in the evening stuff because the whole day on some days seems a bit overwhelming of a tast, but you never know what might pop in. I am glad to hear they are helpful/appreciated. I noticed I'm Svelting was doing it on some mornings too when she opened the threads (although she is much more entertaining to read) so I'm trying to incorporate it too when I have the time.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
I cannot exercise yet but am itching...itching to go cardio combat kickboxing tomorrow...or spinning argh I need to work out! My couch says my lean muscle is not stable as yet so no exercise. I just have a stressful life so I can't take the stress out on food and can't work out. How do you all handle your stress? I am an emotional eater so this is hard for me bigtime. :
First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! I think you could try some less strenuous ways to relieve your stress right now. How about a simple walk on a nice day to enjoy outdoors beauty? How about a stretching program with some deep breathing? Meditation? Prayer? How about watching your favorite comedian/funny show and laughing? These are proven ways to relieve stress. The time will come when you can return to your strenuous exercises when your body is ready! Take good care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
I searched high and low for thousand island dressing,, I want this big mac!! lol
If you can't find WF Thousand Island dressing locally you could try ordering it online. Netrition.com ships pretty quickly and there are lots of other great low-carb products. Read the nutritional info carefully, though.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

EatAnts--love the hat in your picture! I'm sure there is a good story there.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #14  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

@Linden I tried to reply to your IM, but your inbox is full!

Hi everyone! I've been slacking on posting here because I've been busy and because my keyboard wasn't working! So I finally got my new one in the mail on Thursday. I had my 6th WI on Thurs. as well. I'm down 1.2lbs and .25" which any loss is a good thing... and compared to how my bodies been lately, I'll take it. Has anyone tried the new Southwest Cheese Curls? I bought a box, after trying a sample at my WI Office. MMM I ♥ them! I think they are really going to help with needing something crunchy! Might even be great on a salad! Should be fun to experiment with them. Congrats on all the NSV's and pds/inches lost!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #15  

Default chili ingredients

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Does anyone have the ingredients of the Veggie Chili? Does it have some sort of "bean"? I haven't tried it yet but curious...tis the chili and fuzzy sock season suddenly.
Ingredients: textured soy protein, dehydrated vegetables (red beans, tomatoes, onions, red bell peppers and garlic), modified corn starch, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins (wheat, corn, and soy) sunflower oil, sugar, spices, guar gum, citric acid, silicon dioxide, salt, autolyzed yeast extract, caramel color

I haven't had any recently, but I believe there were like 3 beans in a serving - ok, maybe not that few, but not many. It was good though.
Closed Thread