Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 08:08 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Smile The Weekend Chat 3-22, 3-23

Join in, Join in!!!!!!

peachie empty your PM box.......it's full

Happy Saturday!! Looks to be a pretty day.

Busy yesterday.......breakfast with friends, than back home with one of the friends until daughter was out of school. Than the other friend and I chaperoned one of the class bands to festival at the University of Georgia.........not home until really late.

Okay.......Mom Brag Alert.......my baby girl, who is first chair flute........had a solo as part of the performance last night........Nailed IT!!! Mama was so proud. Okay back to normal chatter......brag alert over.

Not sure whats on the plate for today......sure it will be something outside.

Back later, enjoy the day
Old 03-22-2003, 08:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You know, I check out you chicks every day because I know some of you pretty well. However, underneath I am a bit jealous after 40 years of dieting and not losing. WLS is not an option for me because of weight and age BUT.....

Don't get me wrong, I know it is a last resort and definitely not easy! BUT...... I still wish I could have had it done.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone. I'm just a babbling old broad who has put up with this overweight crap for more than 40 years!

Good health to you all - or y'all.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:28 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Ruth you do not offend any of us......we love ya! I do understand what your saying tho.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:03 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

first, ruth. your youth is not an obstacle. the surgeons are getting a 65 year old ready, and a 72 year old. however, you are indeed a lightweight. but with your comorbidities, you might actually be approved, at least in the US.

and congrats on the star in your family, darlin!!!

NOW i have to share a funny mom moment:

MOM: what can i do now? <looking for something to do>
ME: empty the dishwasher? <trying to be helpful>
MOM: NO.
ME: why not?
MOM: that's your job!
ME: since when?
MOM: well, don't you eat?
ME: umm.. no, not really...

and she walked off.. the dishwasher is still sitting there!!!!

and off we go for a mom and me day!!!
Old 03-22-2003, 10:53 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Oh Jiff........your Mom story had me outloud!! I think peachie should empty the dishwasher, like a good little sister/youngest daughter.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:26 PM   #6  

ROFL

I'd write more but I am feeling rather slug like.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:10 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

it's now midnight... and the dishwasher STILL isn't emptied, and all the dishes MOM has collected today are still sitting on the counter!!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:55 AM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

peachie you didn't do your daughter/sister duties today Oh sorry........yesterday! What are we ever going to do with you?

Just heard the paper hit the driveway. I just love Sunday paper and coffee! Doesn't take much to make me happy.

Oh I must share.........yesterday hubby decided he wanted to go to one of the so called Outlets about an hour away from us. Couldn't believe my cheap hubby was suggesting shopping........so I RAN to the car before he could change his mind.

First let me say.......I have NEVER seen an outlet store which is cheaper than my favorite Wal-Mart Anyway........went into Casual Corner and purchased a denim skort type thingie in a size 16!!! I first picked up a 20 too big, tried an 18 just a smidge too big........thought no way.........tried a 16 and it fit. Good feeling, but I'm sure the sizes just run large.......but it still feels good!!!

Off to get my Sunday paper!
Old 03-23-2003, 09:03 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

deb!!! shopping with DH AND a smaller size all in the same day???? such excitement!!!! AND i'm not sure casual corner sizes run small. it's been a couple of decades since i've been in one, but i don't remember them as running small..

and now, it's 9 am. i'm on the second load of laundry, and the dishwasher is STILL not emptied!!!!! This is getting to be a game!

had dinner last night with one of my best friends, allison. she's about 5'0", hits 100 pounds on a heavy day, and is always perfectly dressed and made up, even at home. we make such an UNUSUAL pair!

she didn't recognize me! we've talked but haven't seen each other in about 6 months. she almost cried... but then we just started talking ,and didn't stop for 3 hours, until the restaurant closed and they threw us out!

AND WHAT DID I HAVE FOR DINNER!!!??? i know you're all wondering!

crab legs!!! they were fabulous... and i have enough for two more meals.. and no, peachie, i'm not sharing!!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 09:16 AM   #10  

if i empty the dishwasher, would you give me the crab legs?

I didn't think so.

Jiff, you should empty the dishwasher, it is a good stretching exercise.

the little guy is still sleeping, the big kid is at the state wrestling tournament (despite taking a first last year, he is gonna get hammered this year.) and I am glued to the tv set. Luckily my tv is centrally located so that I can empty my dishwasher, and clean the rest of my house and run down and do the laundry.

sheeeesh.....ya think I would know better.

peach
Old 03-23-2003, 11:42 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

peachie.. i did three loads of laundry, one of them twice, and hiked with the dog while mom sat on her butt. she needs to do the stretching. she really does...

and she did!!! while i was doing the grocery shopping!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:39 AM   #12  
Slowly going crazy!

Busy ladies here...I've been AWOL

We started our kitchen. The whole downstairs is an official disaster area. But I'm getting excited, cuz I can see and 'feel' the change coming.

quick note. I didn't weigh myself this week, because it's the week I normally measure myself.

I've gone from a 52" waist (in December) to a 45" Waist! ! ! Whoohoo...
Total just from measuring my bust, hips and waist, I've lost 16 inches in 3 months. Not too shabby. No wonder my pants keep falling down. I'm still waiting for that size 18 pant to fit that I have sitting in my "HOPE" chest *grin*. I'll give myself another month and a half and then see where I am at.

Okay, Jiff...glad you got that dishwasher emptied *LOL*
Closed Thread