View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
deelee10

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Haven't seen article or heard of the writer but from what I've read on these posts - she sounds like a bigot. And bigotry towards the over weight is, unfortunately, still tolerated in society. If she said the same thing in a racial, religious, or sexual orientation context there would be lots of outrage exhibited. I think the gay/lesbian community is a good example of the latest minority that is getting their message out that they are human beings that deserve rights. There are, unfortunately, many types of bigots out there. I agree that what is even more hurtful is not the original hostility but the comments that actually support these hurtful people. Society has to become intolerant of this. Encountering hostility of any kind can suck the life out of you - almost happened to me this week when someone misinterpreted something I was trying to communicate or didn't get my humor or something. I felt I didn't have the energy to work out. But I got validation from a friend and decided I wasn't going to let anyone keep me from meeting my goals.Try not to let the idiots get to you. And please don't let them derail the great progress you are making. They are wrong. Get back on track. We're here to support you!

Last edited by deelee10 : 10-29-2010 at 11:51 AM.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote