View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
NiteNicole

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy trail View Post

and a quote you have likely heard about. Akeela in Akeela and the Bee movie, read the quote about who am i to feel beautiful....i can't remember the rest, but i can't remember. i'll look it up.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

The quote is often attributed to Nelson Mandela, but as I understand it, that's an urban legend. I don't know who actually said it or where it came from, but the bold is something to think about.

Found it. Someone called Marianne Williamson. A little googling shows me she also wrote a weight loss book.

Start: 5/15/11
First mini goal : 274
Date: ???
Be the change.
Bloom where you're planted.
The one you feed.
It all counts.

Last edited by NiteNicole : 10-29-2010 at 11:20 AM.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote