South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Feisty Friday

It's Friday and that means tomorrow is the weekend! (and tonight there will be wine not just whine). Good morning Chicks! Stop by and say hello on your way to everyone's favorite work day.

I'm going to grab some coffee but I'll be back.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm headed to bed in just a few. Took me a 40 minute bike ride (okay, it was probably more like 25 mins bike and 15 mins walk b/c I'm not ready to tackle the big hills just yet) and managed to avoid running into any bushes, so yay!!! Just finished making up some fajitas (recipe has been posted) to take to lunch tomorrow. I've got to work all weekend, so I'll be popping in here and there. Hope you ladies have a good day!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Good morning/night Natasha. Sounds like you are enjoying your new bike Sweet dreams.

Ruth - love the bear!

Karen - WATP workouts have gotten me through many winter days. I love the 30 minute walks with weights.

Debbie

Cottage - Hope it's a good, cold free morning

Kim - It's so nice to see you back here!

We got some fun news yesterday. Apparently the union in NM needs some help so our team are being sent out for one week chunks. Needless to say DW will join me and we will stay a few extra days to bird. It wasn't planned but we will make it our house Christmas present. We had such a great time when we were there three years ago. Can't wait to go again. Even working in NM will be fun. I'm on the road so a change of scenery will be nice.

For today just another version of the last two days. I'm in my home county so will already know everyone I see today. That will be fun and a little emotional. One director said yesterday "I'm glad you aren't abandoning us!" After 12 years I have really deep connections to some of these women. It's one of the reasons the new job was so appealing. I still get to work with them and help develop their leadership skills, just in a new way.

Looks like a mellow Saturday full of house things. Our house really needs it. I wouldn't let anyone else come in right now Then Sunday we will do a few chores, go dryer shopping (ours is eating things so time to get rid of it), and off to a political rally and probably some volunteer time.

Tonight I'll be home for dinner again and there will be cooking! Then some exercise and finally a glass of wine. It's nice to be back to "normal" days!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Cyndi, Natasha and all those to come!

Teacher workshop today, so I'm having a hard time getting motivated this morning. I think I may feel illness coming on... *cough* *cough* JK It's going to be a long day though. I'm bringing my lunch because they haven't posted the menu for our 'complimentary' lunch. They're usually really yummy, but it's not always easy to find OP choices.

Nice job on the bike ride Natasha! I didn't get out on my bike much this summer, although I really enjoy it. I'm a wimp - I don't enjoy riding when it's cold, so my bike probably won't leave the garage again now til spring.

A trip to NM sounds wonderful Cyndi!

Enjoy your Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-29-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Heidi - I am the same way with my bike. Just can't get myself out there in the cold. Hope the workshop far exceeds your expectations
Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm a bit late getting in here because I had to go back to bed for a while. I started feeling very light-headed while in the shower and barely made to the bed, dripping wet. I feel fine now, but can't say the same for the bed.

Cyndi, how fun to be going to NM! I've never been there but I've seen pictures. And it should be a good time of the year to go, too! Have a good day today, seeing people you used to work with, and enjoy your evening!

Natasha, it sounds like you're having fun with your new bike!

Heidi, I'm glad your classroom helper is working out so well and hope your workshop today is fun. I hope you don't end up with a cold. I've had this darned thing for over 3 weeks now and just can't seem to shake it.

I promised Audrey & Maggie that I'd go over to their school this morning to watch their Halloween parade, and I'm glad it's first thing in the morning! If I'm feeling OK afterwards, I may try to get a little Christmas shopping done.
Tomorrow I'm dropping off my car at the shop to have it winterized and get an oil change, so we'll be zipping around running errands in Jake's car. On Halloween, the grandkids are coming over early to show off their costumes, but they'll do their trick-or-treating in their own neighborhood. I'm not sure if Monica will be bringing Carley out or not. I think she wants to go trick-or-treating with her friends, which I can understand.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Cyndi! TGIF! Where will you base out of in NM? We'll come down and have dinner with you two one night. I've been itching to get that way, anyways. I'd like to get all the way to Carlsbad Caverns and see the bats exit in the evening.

Natasha, I always say exercise is exercise and pushing the bike is harder than walking so right on! See you later.

Heidi, I think meetings are so boring....hope your day passes quickly and you're starting the weekend in no time.

ETA Linda, I hope you are able to take it a little easy today. Wish your darned cold would disappear! Take care!

Me, coffee, walk 1 mile, breakfast then tackle the piano music. Yesterday we went to the Sr. Center w/MOM and Kirk mentioned he wouldn't mind playing bingo so we may try that.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-29-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! I didn't wake until 7:40 and it's dryer delivery day between 8 and 6. I need to glug this coffee and get dressed. See you later.

Wanna bet they come at 5:45 instead of 9:05 like last time?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! No school here today so it feels like the weekend already. I am off for my weekly workout with my mom soon then lots of errands. Got some cooking/freezing of meals planned. So... my son still has not finished his essay for his colleges and several applications are due on Monday. It will be rather stressful around here. He does not get his procrastination gene from me!

Cyndi - NM sounds fun and warm

Natasha - Not only do I plan for hills (because some are easier in one direction than the other and I don't always return the same way I go), but I also watch the wind direction so I can have it at my back at the end of my rides. Lazy exerciser - me.

Heidi - You are such a great role model for staying OP.

Linda - I hope you feel better already!

Debbie - I have only played bingo at the spa on vacation. It's a lot of fun when I win!

Ruth - I hate waiting for service people. That's a long time frame.

BBL - Have a great day all.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Duh. When I posted my computer said it was nearly nine but now it's the real "nearly nine." I had to do a complete restart and it seems to change the time when I do it. I guess it thinks we're in a more western time zone. Dumb machine! I need to take the tower and it's delightful "Hard Disc Error" in to my geek.

Cyndi, working in NM sounds very exciting! I've not yet been to that part of the continent - just to "old" Mexico. Your weekend sounds very rerlaxing after your busy weeks.

Natasha, biking or pushing a bike is definitely exercise. Did you do it in the dark or during the day. I'll check out the fajita recipe while you sleep.

Heidi, yes, "yummy" lunches are very tempting. The Christmas lunch schedule is evolving around here and I am in fear and trembling. I'll have to see how many invitations I can graciously decline without being classed anti-social.

Cottage, sure hope that cold packs its bags and leaves. I wish I could join you watching Maggie and "O" today. I love the fun parts of Halloween and hate the ghouls and monsters, especially if they are taller than I am. Getting the car winterized? I was hoping to hold out until mid-November.

Waisting, isn't it frustrating dealing with procrastinators?! Especially when you know they are affecting their future. Too bad he's too big to spank. Good for you with advance meal prep - that has to be the only way to go when you are working.

Debbie, I'd forgotten you were so close to NM! Maybe if I ever get there, I can visit you. Your day sounds busy. You know, I've not played Bingo since I was a kid although I've worked plenty in the past few years. I must try it again someday when I hit a breather.

Since I'm stuck at home today, I'll do some baking ahead for the Parish service this Sunday. I also found some slightly antique chicken to simmer and will make chicken salad for the loaf of sandwiches I have to make for a dance on Saturday night. I'll also do a "taste test" on some cheese leftover and frozen from another event and see if I need to buy more. As usual, every event around here is all about "the lunch". If I'm lucky, I may get the machine quilting done and that quilt that I'd like to hand in to Victoria's Quilts on Monday morning.

Somehow, I'll fill the day, I'm sure!

Have a good one.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Halloween Friday, everyone! I made it to work after staying up until 2:00 a.m. working on treats for all of the kiddos and the big kids at work. That's a huge accomplishment for me!

Work will probably be a lazy, non-productive day as everyone is excited about this weekend. I'm sleepy, but full of anticipation as my two sisters will be arriving around dinner time. I'll have just enough time to get home, do a Zumba dvd, and shower before their ETA. We're having WW homemade pizzas for dinner, so there's really no prep to do, so it should be an enjoyable evening.

Thanks for the warm welcomes and welcome-backs! Just checking in here makes me feel cleaner and more on-plan. Isn't that funny? I hope everyone has a lovely Friday!!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #12  

Height: 5ft even

Default good morning/ almost noon

I'm just home from my work out. It's been a good morning and I'm planning for the weekend.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/150.5/135

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches

Good morning!

I am on Day 3 of Phase 1. It is getting better.

I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to go off the Metformin today.

I weighed and I am down 3 lbs this week.

Happy Friday!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #14  

Height: 5ft even

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randi34 View Post
Good morning!

I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to go off the Metformin today.

Happy Friday!
That's great!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #15  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Well its Friday. And about time too!

Oh, I have so much to do this weekend...mending of things I need on my trip, hair cut, color (which I do at home because I'm cheap), oil change, clean out my car, laundry and packing. All of this, and I have a friend in town from out of state, and am supposed to be taking snacks to our church class on Sunday. I need a nap just looking at my list!
Closed Thread