South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Ticky-Tacky Thursday Beach Chat

I had a long nap earlier today, in case you're wondering why I'm up so late! I'm in the process of making some changes to my life. I want to move to another State, namely California since I've been there before. One thing that hasn't changed is my dedication to having a healthier body! I will post a pic of myself when I get to 100lbs lost, which is a huge landmark! I've got 74lbs left to go to reach that stage! I can't wait till next week Thursday to see if I'm under 300 for the first time in ages! I weigh in at my PCP's office on 11/4 and she's been helpful in getting me to improve my health.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 10-28-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmm....I'm not sure I want my day to be "ticky-tacky" but do appreciate the alliteration. I'm raising my coffee mug to you Okie-not-Opie and wishing you patience to wait until the 4th.

No "musts" on my list today except a trip to the bank to get some papers signed for yet another grant application for the Mill. The Fair Board AGM is tonight too and I'm hoping it's over in time for me to catch Grey's. I'm sure I'll find something to fill my time.

My friend Anders dropped in last night and we celebrated his election win with a bottle of bubbly and some chips! Yes, I went out and got them from the trunk of the car. Too bad I remembered they were there. No major damage this morning although I'll have to watch salt.

There! I confessed and feel a bit better. This has not been a good month for weightloss with Italy at one end and Halloween at the other.

Just checked the weather and we are back to rain until Sunday. At least Halloween is supposed to be a sunny day. A rainy Halloween sure washes away the fun.

Happy Thursday!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #3  

Ruth, it's Okie, lol. I feel like Andy Griffith's red headed son, lol. It rained alot yesterday so maybe that's why I was sleepy. I'll have eggs for breakfast around 7am. I'm feeling emptied out but I'm convinced, that I can and will persevere.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I knew I was wrong and came back to edit but you beat me to it! Have a good day.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Ruth, I think if I had a bag of chips around yesterday, I would've eaten some too. I was so tired and unmotivated yesterday. I stayed technically op with my food choices, but had too much cheese.

FO, how exciting to move to a new state, where in CA do you want to move? Yay for a healthier body and a DR who supports you!!

I am hoping to have more motivation today. I think I'm going to limit caffeine, I just got so tweeky yesterday, then crashed

I am hungry now, but unplanned so I don't know what I'll eat, probably a small bowl of oatmeal. I don't have any veggies prepared.

I've been up since 4:18, my dog woke me :-/
Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 AM   #6  

I want to move to San Diego, California BelovedK. I've been there before and I am wiser and more self sufficient. What weight loss can do for you self esteem and confidence, only God does more, lol! BK, you can eat eggs instead. I'm having them, I don't mind if u're a copycat! Lol, I'm in a jovial mood after praying and listening to Church music. Please remind me how I feel at this exact moment when I check in tomorrow! Ask me if I've prayed, lol. Ruth, don't worry about it!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow you are an early bunch today!

Okie - Wow, big changes ahead for you. I moved to California once but it wasn't for me. I am such a New England girl, I missed the mountains and the pine trees and the green. I have several friends who moved there and love it though. A change of scenery can be just the thing sometimes.

Ruth - I have no doubt you will find something to do. I would love an hour to curl up with a book.

Beloved - Why don't animals respect human sleep cycles? I often want to wake my cats up in the middle of the day

Today is very much like yesterday except I head west and over the mountains instead of north. It should be a perfect day for a drive. Once again I will be home for dinner. It may be Co-op takeout but it will be home. I've even had a little time to exercise!

I just made our hotel reservation for election night. We are splurging and staying at the Hilton right on the waterfront. It's a silly extravagance but after the last 2 months I owe DW some extras.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-28-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #8  
Be happy.

I'm not sure about ticky-tacky but for me this is a dilly-dally Thursday. I spent too much time washing and preparing grapes, celery and carrots for my classroom party this afternoon and now I'm rushing. It feels like Friday to me because we have a workshop day tomorrow. I'll still have to work but I've been squeezing everything into a 4 day school week.

No time for personals but I do hope you all have spectacular days today!

PS. Okie, "Opie" or "O.P." might be an excellent new nickname - "On Plan", get it? (Or maybe I just spend too much time hanging out with 5 year olds. LOL) I'm glad you're having such a great morning. I start my day with prayer and good music too and it makes a huge difference in my attitude. I listen to Air1 on my drive to work - have you checked that station out? They stream online, too.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #9  

Lol Heidi, I've been on plan and only over-ate once so if fits! I liked Cali, I've been there before but I gave in to familial pressure to come back home to MD. I'm stronger now and the move will be good for me.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I woke earlier, but wasn't ready to delve into todays #1 most procrastinated project so I took coffee upstairs and have just recently made it back down.

Okiemute, thanks for getting us started this morning and I hope that a combination of music, prayer and coming here to visit has sealed the message that WL is a long road but it's easiest when you stay on the path, although it's sometimes difficult. I know you would like to make changes in your life and I remember how much you loved California. Be faithful, one day at a time, and the answers will come.

Ruth, loved your post and confession this am. I hope you find something fun today!

BelovedK, glad to hear you made it through yesterday without unplanned food. I was already thinking I was going to stop at my one big cup of caffeine before you mentioned it. I think I'll move on to a fresh veggie juice. lol for dogs who wake their masters...they have such enthusiasm for life. BTW-nice to see you on the Beck thread. A great group, too!

Cyndi, I think a election night splurge is in order! It's getting very close.

Heidi, thanks for kind wishes and have a spectacular day, too!

Ok, so I'm off to the projects...first is the dining room table which has been collecting all the c**p from all the other projects. My mom wants this giant box of old piano music that has been stored for years and I'm thinking it will be best if we sort it here...when it gets to her house it just gets incorporated into the never ending tidal flow of paper, both important and insignificant..sigh...Oh, boy!

The good news is that I got some walking videos at the library and have started on a mile before breakfast...considering how hard I find it to exercise here, I take this as significant progress.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #11  

I'm going for a walk after I drink some milk! I love you all!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, all. I'm not feeling so great this morning. I went to bed at 9 last night and slept until 7 this morning. I've been trying hard to ignore it, but I can't seem to shake this cold, and yesterday was just the worse day ever. My head feels like it weighs a ton, and even my cheeks and eye-teeth hurt.
I'm still dragging myself through the day, and thank goodness today is my Friday!

I'll chat with you all later when I start feeling better.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda, TGIYF and I hope you are feeling better very soon!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 192/150.5/135

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches

Good morning. Day 2 of Phase 1. I set a weight loss goal today of 5 lbs in a month, which I think is doable.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #15  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all.
So much talk about my beautiful California HAHA. I live in the relative San Diego area YAY. Beautiful! We are moving TO actual San Diego in about a year and a half when kids are at a point in school we can move them Ideally La Jolla. Anyway...

Motivation is alluding me these days. Last week was rockin. Did well, worked out every morning and then Saturday came.....Can you hear that..it is the screech of the workout stopping.....*sigh* unfortunately along with the work out stopping so has the scale! I am not sure why,maybe because I transitioned into Phase 2 and have not worked out a "routine" yet, or maybe because four days of not working out in a row caused something to stop. I dunno. But it is frustrating as all heck LOL.

I admit I am an obsessive weigher. I have to do it every morning. If I don't I do not feel like I am in control of my choices and it gets easy to ignore. So yeah. That of course leads to other sorts of issues when the darn thing does not move for days, or moves in the wrong direction! Oh well, what can ya do I guess.

Have a good day everyone!
Closed Thread