Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 06:56 PM   #1  

Default off topic-The Police on DVD is out!

Hi,

My sweet husband surprised me with "The Police Every Breath You Take" DVD today. It is a compilation of all their videos, their appearance on British TV-Old Grey Whistle Test, and some concert footage. Can't wait to watch it! I think it just came out this week.

Sherry...who will be drooling over Sting later!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #2  

I hadn't even heard that this was coming out!!! I'm running to the store first thing in the morning (or if I get too restless tonight, I'll be ordering it). Thanks for sharing. Sting is one of my faves! I have the Sting/Robert Downey Jr. version of Every Breath You Take that I play pretty much non-stop and my dh is getting tired of it.
That must have been a great surprise for you. My DH gave me a surprise CD a couple weeks ago, my all time favorite soundtrack, Zanadu (Olivia Newton-John and Electric Light Orchestra), and yes, I know that I am a geek but I just can't get enough of Olivia!
Have fun with dreaming about Sting!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:03 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

amazon is selling it for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

I must admit.. I have grown with Sting's music.. I actually like his solo stuff better.. (most of the time!) Sometimes, however - I want a little white reggae ( ) I love the song "so lonely"

what is your fav police and sting song?

for sting.. that's tough.. it changes.. but I love "shape of my heart" - this does change daily.

Do you guys have the dvd "all this time" from the concert on 9/11? wonderful!!! 5 stars!
Old 03-22-2003, 08:07 PM   #4  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

OMG!!!

Well I've GOT to get these DVDs! ! ! Something about Sting makes me want to just. . . . .get out there and exercise! Don't know where all of that extra energy comes from! hee hee

I've been checking about the VH1 Hall of Fame Awards. . .on the website they said there were no plans to air it again at this time. Maybe they will pretty soon though!

Dana ~ I LOVE the song "So Lonely"~ Probably my favorite early Police song! I also love "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" . I adore all of Sting's solo stuff ~ I can't think of one song that I DON'T like ~ but one of my favorites is "Why Should I Cry For You" ~ mm, dreamy! And of course "Fragile".

Thanks you guys for the info!!! woo hoo

*smiles* irishwings
Old 03-22-2003, 09:59 PM   #5  

Hi,

Yes, I have the Sting solo dvd concerts as well. I wish I had gotten to see the Police live, but I was fourteen when they broke up-too young for concerts, according to my parents! My husband did see them on their "farewell" tour and said they were fantastic live..sigh!

Hey, Denise, my husband is a HUGE Olivia Newton John fan too-actually my brother in law likes her also. You are not alone.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 03-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I saw Sting in concert in 1996 (?) in a bullring in Malaga, Spain. Natalie Merchant opened for him. It was AWESOME!!!!

I think my favorite Sting song is the one with the line "Let your soul be your pilot." I also really like "I'm So Happy."

My favorite Police song is "Roxanne," hands down.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #7  

Jennelle, I love "Roxanne" too! That is the best song.

Hey, did anyone else hear the Duran Duran is back together? It has been a great couple of weeks for music!!! First the Police, then Duran Duran! I am so excited! I certainly missed the great songs like "Rio" and "Hungry Like a Wolf"
Closed Thread