Old 10-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Wat are the small things that motivate you regarding weight loss?

So this is probably one of my more random posts, but is there anyone else who gets ridiculously happy when you NOTICE your ticker move or another small thing that makes you super happy regarding your weight loss progress? What are the small things that make you happy?

For example: I picked the sad, neutral, and happy faces with a super cute penguin (I can’t resists penguins, it’s like they sooo look like they need to be hugged… One of the cutest things I ever saw was a baby penguin chasing a butterfly at the zoo). Well I get ridiculously happy when I move to a new face, and now I’m moving into the NEUTRAL faces! AWWWW YEAH!

I’m looking forward to being in the middle of the first neutral face, and completely out of the unhappy faces, but it occurred to me that being quite that happy about a ticker may be a little weird.
tsuninight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I use mynetdiary program on my iPad to track calories, weight loss and measurements and I get all excited when I put in my weight loss and then click over to see it on the graph! Love to see the downward slope. Lol
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday... I noticed my @$$. Hee hee hee... it is getting quite firm! That is motivating me to keep up with the exercising. Exercising motivates me to eat a little better. Eating better helps me exercise more. Which make my buns firmer.

It is a viscous circle.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Updating my ticker has been great throughout this journey. My weight loss has been fairly slow so I only weigh in once a month. And even if its only been 2 lb. loss, when I post on that ticker I see how it adds up.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

tsuninight, I just have to say that I love your avatar - "the cake is a lie". Love it!

Oh I used to love changing my ticker as well. Changing my avatar every 5 pounds was something I also greatly looked forward to.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Changing my ticker and updating my weight on our weight race thing at work.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

I love, love, LOVE tickers! I think it's one of the most motivating things, is that sad? Ha! I also love weighing in on all of my challenges, or updating my exercise logs. Knowing that I need something to go after each little date makes me go out and exercise, and also my blog has really helped, because I always look forward to talking about something, whether it be weight loss or just life, wanting to blog about something MAKES me come back to this website, and every time I come to 3FC I have to poke around, and that has truly kept me motivated. I love this site!
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #8  
~Kim~

I like seeing my ticker too. I can't wait until I get past the 20 day thing and get to use my signature so I can put one up here. I have blogs that I'm keeping exercise and my calorie log on and it's nice to see how many days in a row I've exercised (today was day 7 in a row) and how many days I'm binge free (today was number 11 in a row) It's very motivating to keep close track of everything.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE moving my ticker!! In fact, I'll often check back in through the day just to look at it. I know. I'm sad and pathetic. LOL. I also track everything on LiveStrong and I love to look at my weight graph and see the downward slope. It's a very visual reminder of the progress that I've made.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #10  
~Kim~

Tonight my husband asked me how much weight I've lost so far. I told him I haven't weighed since last Friday, but at that point I was down 5lbs. He said he can already tell in my face, that he can see my jawline more. I don't know how true that is, but it's definitely nice to hear! =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
I use mynetdiary program on my iPad to track calories, weight loss and measurements and I get all excited when I put in my weight loss and then click over to see it on the graph! Love to see the downward slope. Lol

haha! I completely understand this one. I created a spreadsheet with a graph because I'm such a visual person. I love downward trending!

I even posted my nerdiness on my youtube chan lol because I get questions on it on LiveJournal. hehe

I don't havea n y apps yet for my droid, but I should look at one sometime... though I did just DL the sparkpeople.com app
Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
Yesterday... I noticed my @$$.
haha that's awesome... I keep hoping mine will get a better shape. I've lost the most in my bust and ***.... and those weren't my problem areas to begin with lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
tsuninight, I just have to say that I love your avatar - "the cake is a lie". Love it!

Oh I used to love changing my ticker as well. Changing my avatar every 5 pounds was something I also greatly looked forward to.

Thanks! I figured it had dual purpose... it references a psychotic computer & It's sooo true! Tempting, delicious, and TOTALLY bad for you, must ignore the beckoning! lol
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbelle View Post
my blog has really helped, because I always look forward to talking about something, whether it be weight loss or just life, wanting to blog about something MAKES me come back to this website, and every time I come to 3FC I have to poke around, and that has truly kept me motivated. I love this site!
I too find huge motivation in blogging. Here, my LJ group 100pounds2lose, sparkpeople, etc. I think hearing about what other people are going through (good, bad or somewhere inbetween) really helps me stay on track and going. It also keeps it in my thoughts.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
it's nice to see how many days in a row I've exercised (today was day 7 in a row) and how many days I'm binge free (today was number 11 in a row) It's very motivating to keep close track of everything.
NICE huge gratz!