Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Smile Zumba!

Hi Everyone!

Anyone do Zumba?! I've been doing it for over 6 months, 3 days a week and absolutely LOVE it I truly believe Zumba is the reason I've stayed active for so long.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #2  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

It's awesome! My gym offers it three times a week (I go twice) and I average a 1/4 pound loss per class. And I'm getting a butt from all the booty shaking!
And so many nice people there!!

I just have to keep reminding myself to hold some power in my arms to get them toned as well as my belly.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

I start next week, I'm really nervous about being the "newbie" what's it like the first day?
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLei View Post
It's awesome! My gym offers it three times a week (I go twice) and I average a 1/4 pound loss per class. And I'm getting a butt from all the booty shaking!
And so many nice people there!!

I just have to keep reminding myself to hold some power in my arms to get them toned as well as my belly.
That's awesome!! It definately helps trim down your belly and waist that's for sure. You're not kidding about the arms, I don't use mine as forcefully as I should, that's going to be my goal from now on! My arms need a LOT of toning, I think they are the worst part on my body along with my belly.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbelle View Post
I start next week, I'm really nervous about being the "newbie" what's it like the first day?
You are going to LOVE IT! To me it doesn't even feel like exercise because all you're doing is dancing. I was nervous also when I arrived at my very first class, everyone knew the moves and the instructor really doesn't go over them with newbies. I had to learn everything which wasn't hard because they are basic steps, after a solid month I really got everything down pat and am loving it. Next month I am going to a clinic to be certified to teach Zumba! If you find it difficult after the first class don't give up!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180.6/177.2/120

Height: 5'1"

I've heard nothing but good things about it but I'm too scared too try it. LOL I'm worried about how much of an idiot I would make of myself dancing around! Not a good excuse tho!
sailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbelle View Post
You are going to LOVE IT! To me it doesn't even feel like exercise because all you're doing is dancing. I was nervous also when I arrived at my very first class, everyone knew the moves and the instructor really doesn't go over them with newbies. I had to learn everything which wasn't hard because they are basic steps, after a solid month I really got everything down pat and am loving it. Next month I am going to a clinic to be certified to teach Zumba! If you find it difficult after the first class don't give up!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #8  

they have classes here and ive been wanting to do it but i heard about them too late so ill have to wait till they let new people jion again, but im excited for it lol
ghostgirl811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #9  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Everybody at my classes are at different levels of fitness, and there are some gals there who are hardcore about attendance who just don't have rhythm.

We all look like dorks, we all look like rock stars, we all go left when we should have gone right, we spin and realize that we are facing the group and laugh and turn around, we have a moment and swing our hips like our momma told us we never should and we get tired and march in place when the instructor is bouncing in a circle on one foot.
We groan when they say "3 more dances!" and groan when the cool down music starts and we realize that it's over for the night.

Every class is a good class because you got there and did it!

Kimberly, when I get a little more confident with the dances I'm going to start wearing those bracelet style wrist weights to help oomph up my arms.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #10  
TMB

S/C/G: 280/180

Height: 5'9

I just joined out YMCA and they off it. I'm going to be doing it on thrusdays with my DD who's 5 as they have 2 sides one for just adults and one for adults with kids Our y also offers a gental zumba on fridays that I might attend if I have times.
TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #11  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I LOVE ZUMBA!! I go Monday and Thursday night and when i start working again there is an awesome teacher who teaches it at a dance studio on Saturdays!! for me it is such a mood lifter and I look at it more as a treat then a work out!! you sweat sweat sweat but it soo worth it.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I <3 Zumba!!!

But I've only experienced Zumba through the dvd program that is out now. I would absolutely LOVE to attend a live class. I've heard they are a real party! I was amazed at how many different places in my city have Zumba classes. But alas, I would be wracked with mommy guilt if I took time out of my evening to go to a class. My boyfriend says he doesn't see me enough as it is! So I instead Zumba on my overnight job.

My favorite thing about Zumba is that even if you don't have the steps down, you want to keep moving and shaking what ya got, which is the important thing here, right?!
trying2doitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #13  
im in it to lose it!

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5'5.5"

I just signed up for a free 2 week trial at a nearby gym that I'm pretty sure offers Zumba! I want to give it a try, I'm a little embarrassed since I have white girl rhythm, ha. But, everyone had to walk in the doors for the first time, and I got to get out the mindset that people sit there and judge! I read a quote somewhere that went something along the lines of, "people care a lot less than you think they do" which is so true, time to stop worrying what others think, chances are they don't think anything at all!
im in to to lose it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 AM   #14  

I was thinking about ordering the DVD's for working out at home. Has anyone tried those? Plus I hear it's coming out on WII and XBOX this month.
fitnessdiva044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I have the "cardio party" (45 minute workout) and the "express" a 20 minute workout. I have never been to a live class, but I use these all the time and love them.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote