Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Halloween candy

I was just wondering how everyone is dealing with Halloween candy. It seems that it is everywhere I go, store, work, and, now, at home. DH and I bought our candy for Trick or Treaters last Sunday. When we got home, I told him to put it somewhere that I would not see it.

I have not eaten one piece! I was tempted when it came into the house, but I know that if I eat one piece, I will either eat many pieces or struggle to resist. Right now, it is easy and I am not struggling. Why would I want to start craving the stuff? It is so much easier to not start.

How is everyone else doing with the candy?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I had one kitkat last night. I'm smack dab in the middle of TOM, and it was that or punch my husband, lol. I counted it in my calories, too, and didnt go over! Woo.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

we haven't gotten any yet. hopefully, we will get kinds that i hate. many of the ones with a strong artificial smell. it will be tempting to eat some of the kids candy, if we go this year. probably will. i need to stay away from the kit kat!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I don't have kids and we live in the country, so no trick or treaters. I was in Sams yesterday and they had these HUGE bags of candy everywhere! I'm one of those who can't eat any candy...if I did, I'd just keep eating it. I'm just not to the point yet that I can trust myself with it. So, I chew a piece of gum when I'm feeling crazy temptations. Extra has this sugar free gum out now that tastes like dessert for 5 calories. The chocolate mint gum is so yummy! Tastes just like one of those chocolate mints. Mmmm. Stops my candy craving. They also have it in strawberry shortcake and key lime pie. Stay strong...just say no to candy!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

lol! so funny. both of us having a weakness for kit kat and posting at the same time.

i also have to remind myself the reasons it's not worth it. if i am having some i had better go w/o right then. i always say i will later that day, and i just lay around. plus, when i resist i feel so proud of myself.
at Easter, we went to mil's of course the candy dish was there. i was proud i didn't eat any
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Katy trail originally posted we will get kinds that i hate
That is a great strategy! I told DH, "No Reece's Peanut Butter cups!" Even smelling them will drive me crazy.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Hey, getting candy you don't like IS a great idea! For me having stuff like Skittles or Starbursts around wouldn't tempt me in the slightest. Anything chocolatly though....
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #8  
~Kim~

I'm not going to buy ours until Friday,which is when the kids here will be trick or treating. Whatever I get will be non-chocolate. The hard part will be not wanting some of what my daughter brings home.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I usually get the candy right before the Trick or Treat time. Mostly it's things I don't like and the last person of the night gets whatever is left.

I sometimes give pencils or stickers. DH says that it's just 'not right'. LOL But, actually the kids are excited about them usually.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #10  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

We bought all chocolate for Halloween candy. Now, I love chocolate, but I'm breastfeeding and can't have any. I know, beyond a doubt, that it's simply not worth it so it turns the chocolate into a non issue.

In the past we've tried to buy candy I don't like, but the problem is I pretty much just like candy! :/
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Last year was my first year 'off' the candy--lol! I had great success by simply walking past the bowl and saying to myself 'You don't need that. That's not for you.' Or saying something similar to myself. I ended up brainwashing myself and whenever I passed the bowl that phrase would pop into my head, even as I found my hand moving towards the bowl (and then pulling my hand back). Maybe weird, but it really worked and I didn't even have one piece of candy, and like Beverlyjoy, when I was done handing out candy the last kiddo got all of my bowl

I have my candy tucked away and I have actually had it for about a month. Not one bag has been opened. Since I've been at this awhile, I can honestly say that even what I once considered the good stuff isn't actually good enough for me to spend my calories on anymore.

Now, if I were handing out Godiva.....that would be a whole 'nother story

Last edited by ANewCreation; 10-26-2010 at 12:53 PM.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #12  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm not buying any until this weekend. If I did buy it earlier I'd pick candy that I don't like lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180.6/177.2/120

Height: 5'1"

I ate the pretty much the whole bag of snack size skittles someone sent my daughter For trick-or-treaters I buy candy I don't like so I'm not tempted to sneak it and then once my daughter goes trick-or-treating I can resist the candy until its gone (like last year) BUT if I have just ONE piece, it's all over! As far as buying it, I don't have THAT much of a sweat tooth so it's somewhat easy for me to walk past it.
sailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #14  
Leave shame behind

Height: 5'10"

We don't have any in the house. I'm buying tomorrow and plan to buy some I don't really love (probably no chocolate at my house this year...sorry Trick or Treaters!). I also only plan to buy 2 bags. When they are gone, they are gone.
Kismet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

I cannot even go there. I am a candy junky... my old way of life... eating a king size hershey bar and a whole king size box of gobstoppers EVERY night while sitting watching TV.

If I have 1 piece.... it will all be over. I haven't walked and worked out and watched calories this long to just let it be thrown all away and start all over again.... nope... not gonna touch it!

Last edited by EvilGidget; 10-26-2010 at 01:27 PM.
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote