Old 10-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 6 (10/25 - 10/31)

Okay here we go with week 6 lets make it a good on everyone. Remember we weigh in on Halloween this week so if it's going to be a busy day you might want to WI on Saturday this week.

I am posting from my response to week 5 in case it is missed over there.

QuilterInVa - Thanks for the info I will try that when I get to goal (I hope by the end of this challange) in the mean time I have to limit myself to my one cheat day a week not 4 or 5 cheat days

Sameen - no problem I think you need to support us soon as you are doing so awesome its like the weight is just melting off of you. Have any tips for us? WTG

inklestinkle - don't worry the weight will come off again soon enough. I know what you and your cousin mean about the clothes....I do the same thing but I finally needed to get some this summer and in 2 months they were too big already....which is good but expensive. We need to have a post on here so we can all just swap clothes as we need too Sorry about the funeral though

OrganizedChaos - glad your whole week came together for you and you did so well this week too. I think I need to head over to the maintenace forum and start lurking on what they all do.

JackieHollow - glad that you are feeling better and that you had a good time at the concert.

Muffentop - WOOHOO for onederland

Nancy - Congrats on the loss this week, thanks for meeting me and sharing ice cream.......mmmmmmmmmmmmicecream

lolcat - glad you had a concert to enjoy this week too

abreezies - it will come don't you worry

Well I only had a .2lb loss to show this week but with my 8lb gain by Thursday that means I actually lost 8.2lbs this week so no more 4 days off plan for me so that I can actually help the team with an 8lb loss

Also if you feel the need for a treat for Halloween you can enjoy a small amount without guilt.....just don't eat the whole box
Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #2  

Well here are the results for week 5: WTG everyone on this fantastic Blue Team of our. I think we are all doing awesome and this is a wonderful group of ladies we have here.

A huge Congratulations to all our losers this week

Biggest Loser:
OrganizedChaos, -5 lbs, -2.14%

Honorable mentions:
Sameen, -4 lbs, -1.75%
Muffentop, -3.4 lbs, -1.69%
Fitin2008, -4 lbs, -1.64%
Old 10-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #3  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I can't believe it's already week 6. Wow. Time is going so fast. Like my mom (80 yrs old) says . . . the older I get, the faster it goes.

Congrats to everyone for the losses this week and to those that are struggling, hang in there.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #4  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

WOO HOOO A new week!!

CONGRATS Chaos, and all the honorable mentions! And all of us! What a great group we have going here!

So this week we have Halloween. What are everyone's plans? My kids picked out their costumes today. We have a ton of costumes that we buy for a buck after Hween. (We try to do a "haunted" porch or whatever.. but won't be this year). So we didn't even have to buy costumes for them this year, which makes me HAPPY! The 3 boys are going to be a "monster skelly guy", a skeleton bride (HA! This is my 11 yr old son. He cracks me up), and a ninja. My daughter couldn't decide between her angel costume from Christmas or a witch, so she decided to be an angel dressing up as a witch. LOL

Halloween is also my daughter's birthday (she'll be 6), and just 3 days later is my oldest son's birthday (he'll be 13!! ACK!). We just have to decide when to do their birthday party. My son saw the 100 calorie cupcakes on the Biggest Loser and he wants those. I just have to find the recipe! I'm proud of him for wanting something like that tho! I think we'll do a cake and the cupcakes, so everyone has a choice.

Hoping to get back on the exercise wagon this week..

no wait... I don't hope.. I *WILL* get back to exercising this week!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #5  

Hi everyone I'm off to bed now but just want you to know the results are posted and..............................................W E WON AGAIN fantastic effort from everyone

MamaP - I believe your mom time really does fly by the older I get

Jackie - I was invited to a party from one of my customers who does her house up major at Halloween. I'm taking Nancy with me and the theme is superfriend, hero, villan so we decided today to go as Buffy and Faith from buffy the vampire slayer. This works out great as I can just raid my own closet It sounds like your kids will have a blast on Halloween and like very good birthday choices too.

In keeping with the theme what is everyones favorite superhero/villan and what is your absolute favorite Halloween Treat.

I have to think of my own answer (to many treats to choose) so I'll get back to you once I sleep on it...lol
Old 10-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #6  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to this week's losers! I wish I was on the Red Team so I'd have a chance of placing each week. The numbers posted by the Blue Team are amazing!

Last edited by Rochester; 10-25-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #7  

ROFL Rochester! I have thought the same thing!! There's no way I can compete with some of these numbers! I'm in awe.

WTG BLUE TEAM on another fantastic win!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite superhero must be.... hmmmm Let me think about that and come back. Same with treats... there are so many!! hahah
Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #8  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Wow! Can't believe I am the winner this week! I am honored to represent all the bluesers!

In all fairness, I did have a 3 pound gain the week before, so believe me a 5 pound loss is not normal for me!

I am at work so can't do personals right now, but I hope everyone has a fantastic week and instead of dreading this weekend, just has fun and enjoys it!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #9  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Congrats to this week's losers! I wish I was on the Red Team so I'd have a chance of placing each week. The numbers posted by the Blue Team are amazing!
LOL! You are doing great,it's nice having you on our team.You alone have cancelled out MERCY"S and BIGMID'S weight gain.

Hi everyone,I am back.Mother is better,doesn't require my assistance in day to day living,so time to start taking care of me again.

I have been on a carb craze lately,put on at least 6 pounds in 3 weeks,so I hope to have a big loss next week.

How's everyone doing?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #10  

Hi sorry I didn't post earlier still thinking of my answers. I didn't get much sleep yesterday so tired and *****y all day today. Better now but off to sleep will post tomorrow. Have a great night everyone
Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #11  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm on vacation this week so it's going to be a challenge to behave myself! I didn't do too terribly food-wise today. I ate lunch out and had a very scrumptious tomato-basil quiche with a side of fruit. I didn't exercise. Eight hours of shopping and first day of TOM so I took a three hour nap instead. (I am always soooooo tired on the first day of TOM!)

My favorite superhero is definitely Batman. I've seen all the movies countless times! And favorite Halloween treat (which I will not be eating this year!) are Reese's pumpkins. They taste so much better than the everyday Reese's (which are already ridiculously yummy!).

Last edited by Rochester; 10-26-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/ticker/150

Congrats Blue Team!!! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry for MIA for so long. I do try & read the posts when I can. I started Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago. I thought maybe counting points right now would help me jump start my weight loss. I'm determined not to give up. I even bought a new scale. The only problem is that it says I weigh 4 pounds more than my old one. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be on track. Take care and have a good week.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #13  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
In keeping with the theme what is everyones favorite superhero/villan and what is your absolute favorite Halloween Treat.
My fav is Wonder Woman. She rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
And favorite Halloween treat (which I will not be eating this year!) are Reese's pumpkins. They taste so much better than the everyday Reese's (which are already ridiculously yummy!).
These are mine too. What is with that, the pumpkins and easter eggs are always way better than the regular rpb cups. They kill me, and are not a item I can even have 1 of. In years past it would not be unlike me to buy a package of them and keep them in my office at work. That bag would be gone in no time and never make it to my candy dish.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #14  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Favorite Superhero - Iron Man (well, actually Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man. Soooo sexy).

Favorite Halloween Treat - anything chocolate . LOVE the Reeses too though. Also trying to avoid all treats this year so my dress for the Marine Corps Ball fits next week (Nov. 6).
Old 10-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #15  

I looove Reese's and Butterfingers. LOL And chocolate. Anything chocolate. Oh and I eat the fire out of those stupid smarties. LOL Basically, if it's candy... I like it!

I'm in the process of making a new "journal" on paper... so I can view it at a glance. I have monthly calendars to write in "special days" (holidays, birthdays, special eating out days, etc) that might be a trial on my calorie counting. I've decided to do calorie cycling, so everyday I will have in the month long calendar the amount of calories I'm allowed that day. Also on the month calendar I'll write in my weight everyday (since I weigh everyday LOL) and highlight in some way the days TOM is here, and the days I exercise.

Then right behind the monthly calendar will be a weekly one. In these, I will put my weekly menu (I usually don't plan days, but since I'm doing calorie cycling I can put the higher caloric recipes on my "up" days), plus my exercise goals for the week.

Then after that will be my journal for the week. Which will include my food diary, activity diary, moods, whatever. On the cover of the 3ring binder, I'm goin gto paste a bunch of pictures of things that I'm looking forward to doing when I'm goal or closer to goal. So that will be my "inspiration" board.