South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chatter On The Beach

Good morning, Beach Beauties! The coffee is ready and nice and hot. Come and chat for a bit before you start your day.

Today is municipal election in the County. It won't be a very big deal as most people used the mail-in ballot option but there will be tension tonight as the votes are counted. I might even have to stay up after ten PM to see the results. Anders and Ernie, two friends, are competing for the same seat so it could be a bit awkward.

I am off to the periodontist in Kingston this early afternoon and just may pop into Fabricland since I need a spool of thread to finish my quilting. Of course I've never gone in there and bought JUST the thread! I really do not need any more quilting fabrics but ...

On with the day! I hope your Monday weather is more pleasant than my wet, cold and gloomy stuff.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Thanks for the coffee. Something is wrong with our pot, it's almost gone

Ahh elections are my life for another 8 days. Hope yours goes smoothly and the two friends are able to move on after.

It's a busy day with lots of driving, a lot like most of my work days. I'm feeling pretty relaxed right now. It will be a busy week without much time off but not crazy with 14 hour days. Hope staff meeting doesn't change that

My weight is up a little thanks to crazy scheduling and a few not so great choices. Luckily I caught it right away so it should be back down pretty quickly. The day after the election I am jumping back on the exercise bandwagon for real. Natasha is my inspiration! I am so ready to be back to my own routine. Never thought I'd see the day when I miss exercise. Life sure does change.

Time to get my smoothie and get this day moving. Hope your start to the week is sunny and bumpless.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-25-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth - a dentist appointment on a rainy Monday? I guess I'll just wish you a great time at Fabricland and leave it at that.

Hello Cyndi - Another busy day for you, eh? It seems like a long time since you've had any other kind of day! You know what? When I feel like saying, "The heck with it, I can be happy at this weight." I read one of your posts or look at your stats or photos and I'm ready to get back to work. Thank you!

We've got warmer weather on the way today, perhaps hitting 50 degrees. I'm looking forward to my after school walk! There were lots of community Fall Festivals and Halloween events over the weekend so I'm expecting my students to be pretty wound up today. I'll keep them too busy to get into too much trouble though, I've got a week's worth of pumpkin activities to squeeze into 3 and a half days because of teacher workshop/trainings at the end of the week.

I suppose I should get going, I've got lots to do before I leave for work. Enjoy your Monday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-25-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmmm. Thanks for the coffee, Ruthie. Jake was up early and made a pot, but by the time I came downstairs he had drunken most of it. I can't think of a worse way to top off a gloomy rainy day than going to the dentist. I'd rather go through child-birth than go to the dentist. I hope you get through it quickly and treat yourself to something at the fabric store afterwards.

Cyndi, you seem to be coping remarkably well with your long work days. It really does make a difference when you enjoy what you're doing though, doesn't it?

Heidi, I'd love to be helping you out in your classroom this week with all the pumpkin and Halloween activities. I hope it's a great week for both you and the kiddies.

We're supposed to have warm weather all week, although rain showers are due later today. Carley and I are going to do some holiday crafts this morning and just hang out at home until we go pick up Audrey & Maggie after school and head off for piano lessons. Richard has promised to make it home by 6pm since he knows I'll have Carley with me, so I'm going to hold him to it!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning ladies <3

My coffee pot is in full swing, I used the last of my beans.

Ruth, I can never go in the fabric store and come out with just thread . I spend sooo much. I have coupons, must. resist.

Cyndi, I made the mistake of weighing in my clothes and it looks like my weight is up. Don't feel bad, at least you are back on track.

Wow, you sound busy Heidi, I'm sure the day will get smoother. So, 5o degrees is warm to you?? brrr. I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather.

I am starting my day with oatmeal and almonds. It is my second day on P2, I am a little apprehensive, but I guess I can go back on P1 if I gain, and I'll add gradually.

I hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Had to wake DS up early today; he is meeting his last year's "English" teacher at 6:30 so she can help him with his college application essay. She did not like his first one (which his own teacher has yet to return despite deadlines in 7 days) and so he was trying to be inspired last night ro write a new one. Ah, my little procrastinator. Sigh. But tonight he gets an award for being in the top ten percent of his class

Biking today, I think. Groceries. Errands. Same old, same old.

Have a great day all.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #7  

Hey, everyone! You all seem to be having pretty good days even though it's so gross out!

This week is a super crazy busy one for me! Today my schedule is jam-packed and tomorrow I have a second-round demo lesson AND an interview with an assistant superintendent for a potential job. Talk about nerve-wracking!

Weight is down 5 pounds...I am officially under the 250 lb mark. As soon as I'm under 240, life will really be good, haha.

Well, I'm off to grab some coffee. I'll probably have to go back for a second cup later on 'cause I'm dragging today.

Sending some good ju ju everyone's way!

<3 Anna
Old 10-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #8  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Ahh my favorite time of the morning, Kids are still waking up and stumbling downstairs for my newly invented "peaunt butter cookie" oatmeal. Coffee is on and I just finished my am work out. It is raining outside (for the start of the second week of rain) and I feel fantastic. I seem to have developed this new "obsession" with working out HAHA who knew. Oh sure I still try and come up with excuses not to do it, but the fact of the matter is I feel so relaxed and happy after its over, that when I think of not doing it, I feel blech! So yay! Here is to getting rid of more pounds and inches.

have a good day!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Actually, we're amidst the first snow of the season. It's coming down pretty hard but the temp needs to drop just a bit in order for it to stick. I'm certain that's going to happen here soon.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started! Fabricland sounds much nicer than the periodontist. lol. It's hard when 2 friends want the same seat...I hope it works out for the best.

Cyndi, I'll be with you jumping back into the exercise routine. This past week has been exercise through work, but I much prefer being able to set time aside. I hope your day is bumpless, too!

Heidi, enjoy your warm weather while it lasts. I can imagine your busy week! I don't remember lots from kindergarten, but I do remember Halloween-it left a lasting impression.

Linda, have fun with your holiday crafts. What are you making? Have fun today!

BelovedK, I hope you put coffee beans on your list. I think you'll do fine on P2. Have a good day!

Karen, congrats to DS for being in the top 10 percent and kudos to his family who push him in the right direction. Enjoy your bike ride!

Anna(xx lily xx), thanks for the good ju ju! Take care of yourself during this busy week which will assure that you are well on your way to life at 240. I can assure you, after being there, that it just continues to get better and better.

lazylioness, your new invention for breakfast sure seems to have the kids motivated! Your discussing your morning workout has me thinking this would be a good day to figure something out. We live between 2 homes and I'm at the one where exercising seems to be much more difficult. Thx for the inspiration. Have a great day!

I had a project lined out with my Mom this AM, but she backed out saying she had a meeting...don't think she was interested in the project. That leaves more cleaning/sorting/paperwork. I'm going to try for a little exercise, too. It's just very hard for me here.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-25-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #10  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Beautiful Monday morning beachers! Looks like our first storm of the season has passed and we are back to sunshine today.

Right now I'm still enjoying my coffee but plan on doing a little housework and then running to town for some grocery shopping and a few errands.

Ruth, love to hear you talk about quilting as my mom always had a quilt in the works. Sadly, I didn't follow in her footsteps, except to quilt some small baby size and even then didn't make the top but just bought a piece of material that I liked and quilted around the design. Do enjoy doing that and perhaps will start another this winter in the hopes of having a great grandchild some day soon (darn grandkids are so slow!).

Cyn - Glad you caught your "crazies" and are back in control. A wild schedule can sure mess things up fast. Hang in there as these elections will soon be a thing of the past.

Heidi - Our granddaughter is a teacher and working on her masters at the same time. Needless to say, she is a tad bit busy these days too. I enjoy hearing you talk about your kids and the classroom.

Beloved - You are braver than I am.........I should start phase 2 today but I know I'm just now ready.........so am going to stay right where I am for a while longer until I know I am stronger. I haven't weighed yet this morning so have no idea where I am but will let you all know later today.

Lily - Down five pounds! Way to go. That is fantastic. Good luck with the job interview.

Waisting - I haven't biked since childhood but when I get a little more of this weight off, I just might try it again after reading your posts.

Cottage - I'm right with you about not liking to go to the dentist and I have a cleaning scheduled later this week and am already thinking about calling in and postponing it.............

Lazy, you inspire me. I haven't started exercising yet and know I need to if only a little. Got to get started but absolutely hate to exercise. Duh! Wonder if that has anything to do with the shape I'm in?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #11  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamay View Post
Beautiful Monday morning beachers! Looks like our first storm of the season has passed and we are back to sunshine today.

Right now I'm still enjoying my coffee but plan on doing a little housework and then running to town for some grocery shopping and a few errands.

Ruth, love to hear you talk about quilting as my mom always had a quilt in the works. Sadly, I didn't follow in her footsteps, except to quilt some small baby size and even then didn't make the top but just bought a piece of material that I liked and quilted around the design. Do enjoy doing that and perhaps will start another this winter in the hopes of having a great grandchild some day soon (darn grandkids are so slow!).

Cyn - Glad you caught your "crazies" and are back in control. A wild schedule can sure mess things up fast. Hang in there as these elections will soon be a thing of the past.

Heidi - Our granddaughter is a teacher and working on her masters at the same time. Needless to say, she is a tad bit busy these days too. I enjoy hearing you talk about your kids and the classroom.

Beloved - You are braver than I am.........I should start phase 2 today but I know I'm just now ready.........so am going to stay right where I am for a while longer until I know I am stronger. I haven't weighed yet this morning so have no idea where I am but will let you all know later today.

Lily - Down five pounds! Way to go. That is fantastic. Good luck with the job interview.

Waisting - I haven't biked since childhood but when I get a little more of this weight off, I just might try it again after reading your posts.

Cottage - I'm right with you about not liking to go to the dentist and I have a cleaning scheduled later this week and am already thinking about calling in and postponing it.............

Lazy, you inspire me. I haven't started exercising yet and know I need to if only a little. Got to get started but absolutely hate to exercise. Duh! Wonder if that has anything to do with the shape I'm in?
Yes it has to do with the shape you are in! I fully contend that we are all 'in shape" round after all IS a shape teehee. I just had to do it. I hate to sweat. I really do. But I am learning to hate it less and less HAHA. I started full on exercising (and full on is a relative term) but I started last Monday. I had hit my 6 week/20lb mark and decided that I had the food portion mostly under control so time to add exercise. So I walked to work. Rain started the next day HAHA. I tried to come up with EVERY excuse under the sun, and none of them worked for me. So I dragged out my old cheap elliptical machine and got on it. That first day I went as far as I could go. .45 miles in 8.5 minutes. I stopped a few times on the way HAHA. But then I decided that I was going to add everyday. So I got to .5 miles and that felt great. For a few days I stopped several times, I thought I was gonna DIE. Seriously. Today I got on and I got almost all the way through before I stopped. I probably would not have stopped if I had just kept the stupid iPod in my ears and not looked at the timer thing on the machine. Nobody can ever start a work out plan and automatically "go the distance" EVERYONE has to start somewhere. I just keep pushing myself. I hope to be up to .75 miles by the end of the week. Baby steps for me or its just a matter of failing. I also set myself a goal. that I would go 30 days (without fail) of getting on that thing every day. At that point, its a habit. I missed Sunday and felt bad! Seriously, like no energy bad, like something was missing. So today started my 30day mission again

We could make it a "challenge" if you guys want?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #12  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Its nice and sunny outside today, so that always makes Monday a little easier to handle!

This is my last full week of work before my vacation (also here Monday/Tuesday of next week) so I'm working hard to make sure everything is all ready for me to be gone. I will tell ya, I am pretty burnt out. My back hurts, and my brain too! I am ready to get away!

Today is a pretty basic day for me, but tonight I think I will do a bit of hand mending of things. I have a hem that's starting to fall and a few little tears here and there that I've been meaning to fix.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I've lost 26lbs since 9/5! I went from 330-304!
Closed Thread