Old 10-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 6 (10/25-10/31)

Another week has passed!

Hope everyone gets off to a good start this week.

I will try to have results for you soon.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Week 6- nearly halfway through the challenge! That means Christmas is just around the corner-ack!
Does everyone have a costume picked out for Halloween?
I don't. I usually stay home & hand out candy, but don't dress up. But I love seeing the kids in their costumes.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #3  
MeTime

My students are coming in costume so I am trying to find something small to do for a costume...nothing big though.

I'm so excited that Christmas is almost around the corner...and 3 weeks of vacation time!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #4  
MeTime

We had some gains this week, lots of freebies used, and lost 3 more members. Please weigh in each week. We can stick together and make it through our weight loss together. The ups and downs we are always here.

Red team lbs and percentage lost -2lbs, -.04%

Biggest Loser:
Terapet, -3lbs, -2.09%

Honorable mention:
tambolina -1.4lbs, -.87%
KimL1214 -2.19lbs, -.86%
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #5  

My kids and hubby are dressing up, but since I'm still hobbling around I'm sitting out this year, bummer!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #6  

Hi just want you to know the results are posted.

Have a great OP week everyone
Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #7  

I don't dress up for Halloween. Normally I take my daughter trick or treating and to a church festival but she will be at her dad's this year. She is 13 but still likes to go. I'm kinda glad I get the year off :P
Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #8  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

LeslieLou~ Does that mean you get to hand out candy this year?!

shan84~ What costume ideas do you have?

CanadaMel~ I haven't figured anything out yet, but we usually all dress in a staff theme for Halloween, so we'll see what everyone is doin this year before I decide on mine. How was your turkey dinner?

tambolina
~ Congrats on 20lbs.!!!

julie99s~ How did you do this weekend?

alwe74~ You should get to the chiropractor because they can do some treatments on your muscles until they are recovered enough to fix your neck. I got severe whiplash 3 years ago and had to have a couple months of therapy on my muscles before they would loosen up enough for them to crack my neck back into place.

TERAPET~ Step class is fun! What other classes do you take, if any? Congrats on being our biggest loser this week!!!

Soooo, I did go to the dance and had a BLAST!!! Unfortunately I did have a few drinks, and had a minor confrontation with my exes sister, but managed to not let that ruin my night. I'm still meatless, but am breaking that today as my Mom brought lobster home from Maine for me... definitely having some for lunch. I will keep avoiding other meats though and hopefully continue to see good numbers on the scale like this week!

My coworker and I are supposed to hike on Wednesday, but they're calling for Thunder Storms, so we may have to hit the gym instead. I'd rather be hiking though...
Happy Monday everyone!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

Sorry for being MIA for a bit.. Finally feeling better!!! I wanted to dress up this year as Princess Leia, my daughter is Darth vador, lol and my hubby wanted to be boba fett. I thought it be fun to have a little theme going. Unfortunately there is no room in the budget for adult costumes this year!! I can't believe how fast time is flying by between this challenge and holidays right around the corner..

Congrats Terapet!!!! Congrats to all the losers this week..

I was a little sad to see we lost some members this week..
Old 10-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #10  
banned

I kind of stopped doing anything for halloween, but since it falls on a Sunday this year, I will probably be at my parents' on Friday where we will have a scary movie marathon, and then Saturday the church I attend is planning a little dinner and hay ride.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Thanks KimL and Sha25.

KimL-I go to the Y a lot. Mostly step but also body sculpting classes and I used to go to yoga at least once a week but since I went back to work, I have been too tired. Hopefully soon I will find a way to work it in again. I also used to do some Zumba but my favorite was during the day so I probably will not be going to any of those for awhile. I was happy to read you had a nice time at the dance.

Sha25-Glad you are better. Halloween with your daughter will be fun with or without costumes. Maybe you can go the old fashioned route and make one. (Cinnamon rolls for hair and a sheet for the dress? Just kidding!)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #12  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

KimL, I did ok this weekend. I mean, I tend to overdo it, but I didn't go over my weekly pts allowance. I tend to take a few points out every night, so I'm not using all 35 on one or two days during the weekend. I find on days I workout, I eat better. Now that YDD is done with soccer until spring, I can get back to Saturday workouts when both the kids gym and tot watch are open. I swear, the planets have to align just so I can get anything done lol.

Glad you had fun at the dance and didn't let that incident spoil your night. As for being meatless and the lobster, well, I don't blame you. That stuff is delicious. I'll never cook a live one again though. Funny story, Valentines day we bought a live lobster, and we all didn't want to kill him. ODD and DH wanted to let him go. DH actually said he wished there was an ocean nearby. And I cried. Oh gosh, so not funny then, but looking back, it was like one of those worst case scenerios and we laugh (as do my friends and family).

Terapet- that costume sounds delicious! LOL

Going to be a busy weekend! Must workout Saturday morning. Downtown trick or treat 1-3. And our (stupid) city is doing trick or treat Saturday night. Many are PO'ed about that (me included). So we will hand out candy at home Saturday night, then go the town over and ToT ON halloween. Also making a halloween feast Sunday. I'm excited. All my favorite holidays, one after another this time of year.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Thanks KimL and Sha25.

Sha25-Glad you are better. Halloween with your daughter will be fun with or without costumes. Maybe you can go the old fashioned route and make one. (Cinnamon rolls for hair and a sheet for the dress? Just kidding!)
LOL, cinnamon buns. Ya got my mind racing on how I can make my own.. I am pretty creative so we will see what I can come up with.. Last year I decided to be "octomom" last minute. Made a sling out of a blanket tied over my shoulder stuck my eight of my daughters baby dolls inside and some big sunglasses and there ya have it!! Everyone loved it.. (well the adults because they got it)

Hope everyone is having a good week!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #14  
MeTime

Hope you are all having a good week. Sorry I'm a little MIA this week. Things are busy at work this week. Lots of stuff going on.

On the plus side, we are starting the food delivery on Friday. Hope to see some results with it. Also, heading back to the gym this week.

So I decided for Halloween on Friday at school I am going to dress up as a NASCAR fan. I think most of the kids will get it, and if nothing else they will recognize the race car on my shirt. I have all the gear because I am actually a hardcore NASCAR fan. So it should be fun. Also Friday the bf and I volunteered to help the PTA at the school with the Halloween evening activities on Friday from 5-7pm. I'm excited and looking forward to the time with all the kids. I used to enjoy Halloween as a kid from what I can remember.

Next week is big at school. I am changing our theme unit from now until Christmas break we will be doing an animal theme in my 3/4 year old class. Next week we have two field trips which I am very excited about!

Hope you are all doing great.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #15  
MeTime

Hope everyone is having a good week.

It's Friday here in SK. Also day one of the body creator Korea food delivery plan. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hope everyone enjoys their Halloween weekend. My plan is to hit the gym on Saturday and I have lots of work to do for school this week as well.