View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #154
BecauseIcan
BecauseIcan

S/C/G: 269/202/199

Height: 5' 8"

Screen Name: BecauseIcan

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life: Married for 10 years, 2 daughters age 7 and 4.

Hobbies and Interests: I volunteer with the local animal shelter 2-3 days a week. I also enjoy spending time with friends and family.

Favorite Music: Pop, rock, country, soft rock, pretty much anything made after 1970.

Favorite Color(s): blue & purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I don't love exercise (big shocker) but I've become good friends with my treadmill and I'd love to have an exercise bike.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to avoid the high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease and strokes that many people in my family have not been so fortunate to avoid. Also, I want to get below 200 lbs. and stay there!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got on the scale and realized I weighed the same as I did the day I delivered my second child 269 lbs.!!! And she was born 4 1/2 years ago. Also, reconnecting with old classmates on social networks made me see that a lot of the people I went to school with look better now than they did in high school. I want to atleast look how I did when I got married "/

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Well I am fighting 3 evils right now...will power, plateaus, and wanting *other* people
to notice that I've lost 40 lbs.
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I should exercise more, right now I do 4 nights a week. I could always drink more water. And I really shouldn't give in to temptation on occasion!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself 10 years ago

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A pair of jeans my husband bought me when we were dating. They've been hanging in my closet for years and I will probably cry the day they fit. Also, I want to be able to shop in any store and not have to go to the plus size section. I don't need to shop in the juniors section but I'm tired of old "granny" looking clothes being my only choice because of my size.