Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 21 Oct 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #2  

Default carrying on from last night's postss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hello, I am a relative oldie around here but took a 45 day break from IP to get married and go on my honeymoon etc but started back yesterday and am almost done day 2 and feeling great, the hellish tme I had the first time around wasnt as bad this time. I am looking forward to finishing my journey and gettng to know all the new posters.
Welcome back KimAnn -- great to see you! Lots of us are glad to hear that your 2nd entry to IP Phase 1 is going well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
I have a question for the Canadian IP-er's that are familiar with the Moxie's restaurant menu options. I'm going out for supper with some friends on Friday and would love your opinions on what to order. I realize my old 'usual' chicken tenders + french fries and white chocolate brownie will be off limits, lol .

What would you suggest to stay on plan, yet still have a delicious meal?

Thanks in advance
I had a look at the menu. (moxies [dot] ca) I'd say half of a steak and some vegetables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well 2 lb. Pegsi strikes again! But 2 lbs is good and I am happy about it I had to weigh a day early so I could see my coach (my clinic has 2 coaches) and I really like my coach and I don't like the other one she is way to harsh for me. This week my mom and I are doing a coffee challenge (she is on IP also) no "cream" in the coffee as we both still use some form of milk soy or milk substitute in our coffee. (I know thats bad and off protocal but sometimes that one thing is damn hard to give up) So we will see at the next weigh in if it makes a difference ( I hope not cause I hate black coffee lol) Actually I wouldn't mind if I grew to like my coffee with just a bit of splenda or flavoured splenda. One less bad habit. Man this healthy living is starting to drive me bananas. I eat right I quit smoking I don't drink and I exercise! If I quit swearing (which my mother would love cause she still gives me a smack when I swear around her lol) I will wonder where the real me went!
Slow and steady -- keep on trucking Pegsi! Good luck with the transition to black coffee. Someone told me that sometime after I'd made the switch I'd prefer my coffee black. I've done it and still prefer it with cream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am on week 3 day 1 I am down 8 lbs this diet WORKS!

When I started IP my mentality was: "I will see how much I lose between now and my birthday weekend then on my birthday weekend I will go hog wild! Eat whatever I want for the weekend!! After all it is my birthday right?" (my birhtday weekend is day after tomorrow. 6 of us girls rented a luxury mountain cabin with a hot tub)

Well I say now after 2 weeks on IP boy have I changed my tune. Yes, there will be cheats, but they are planned cheats that I discussed with my coach. Then come Monday morning I will be back to full IP. I am planning my food to take etc and 2 weeks ago I was thinking all junk!! "yes I will eat everything in sight." I can not believe how my view of food has changed in 2 short weeks. For example. I am taking grated cauliflower to have with the spaghetti sauce (one of my cheats) my cousin is making instead of the pasta. Just enough sauce for flavor.
Hooray for 8 lbs in 3 weeks! Pretty motivating to keep going, no? Great work on planning your birthday girls getaway.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm having trouble adjusting my eating schedule and it's my first week - I have breakfast around 8 am, lunch 11-12, then dinner around 6 - last of all snack around 7:30 - 8 p.m. I still feel full after dinner don't necessarily want the snack - should I move it to an earlier time? Just not used to being so precise about meal time. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning...and happy Thursday everyone. I am not weighing in this week due to the bf getting knee surgery earlier this week and I wasn't sure how that would affect my week....along with having my first off protocol food (planned) over the weekend for my birthday too. I actually regret doing it. I really wish I would've stuck it out until I hit my goal because not showing a difference on the scale this week is actually more disappointing than skipping some of the "non-IP tasty goodness" I indulged in. If I'm not at goal at Thanksgiving, I can guarantee you I'll be sticking to plan any ways. The non-protocol food just was not worth delaying my goal weight another week. Anyways, enough about me. Everyone have a fabulous on plan Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
This week my mom and I are doing a coffee challenge (she is on IP also) no "cream" in the coffee as we both still use some form of milk soy or milk substitute in our coffee. (I know thats bad and off protocal but sometimes that one thing is damn hard to give up) So we will see at the next weigh in if it makes a difference ( I hope not cause I hate black coffee lol) Actually I wouldn't mind if I grew to like my coffee with just a bit of splenda or flavoured splenda.
Have you tried using a little vanilla pudding powder or one of the premade vanilla drinks as your creamer instead? Might be a good compromise.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Have you tried using a little vanilla pudding powder or one of the premade vanilla drinks as your creamer instead? Might be a good compromise.
That's worked for me. I also add cinnamon and now my coffee tastes like a Starbuck's treat! Works great for chai tea too. The premade vanilla has worked best for pouring though since the consistency is just right. Although I'm actually loving the banana in my coffee.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I'm having trouble adjusting my eating schedule and it's my first week - I have breakfast around 8 am, lunch 11-12, then dinner around 6 - last of all snack around 7:30 - 8 p.m. I still feel full after dinner don't necessarily want the snack - should I move it to an earlier time? Just not used to being so precise about meal time. Thanks!
I was having a similar problem and I ended up switching my meat meal to lunch so that I didn't feel as full after I ate dinner. I know there are several of us that move things around to make it work. I really try to look at my schedule which varies quite a bit and see when I'm going to need to eat for that day. But play around with the order of your meals, look at where you are putting restricted packets--if you are using them.

Good luck!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #7  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!
I started thinking the other day of changing my goal. I have it at 135 now but am considering 145. My body has changed so much since joining IP. I now have no butt, which is really weird for me. I weighed 135-140 all through high school and didn't look over weight. I was very athletic and into sports. Thinking maybe at my age of 51 now, it might be more realistic to be around the 140-145 target. I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to be at goal sooner. One thing I know, I need to put my scale away for the time being. I'm constantly jumping on it to see if it has moved. I even have it in the kitchen! If it hasn't moved I get depressed. But when it has moved downward, I get all pumped up to stay on till 135. I know one thing, when I reach my goal, what ever one I decide, I will weigh my self daily to make sure this weight doesn't creep back on. Never again will I do that to myself. All of the clothes that are too big are leaving my house! No more fat day clothes hanging in my closet just in case even though I love some of them.

I had bought a pair of really neat jeans in London this summer. Got to wear them once. Now they fall off of me. Not a bad problem to have but man I hated to give them away. Oh well, maybe that's an excuse to go back to London next summer! Even though I'm sure I could find some like it here.

Everyone have a great IP day.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #8  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
That's worked for me. I also add cinnamon and now my coffee tastes like a Starbuck's treat! Works great for chai tea too. The premade vanilla has worked best for pouring though since the consistency is just right. Although I'm actually loving the banana in my coffee.
I make a really strong chai or pumpkin spice tea with half the water and then pour in a vanilla or chocolate RTD. It is really tasty, better than Starbucks.

On a similar but slightly different note, I just ordered the Da Vinci egg nog syrup for my mom. She plans on using it in her vanilla RTD.

Also, adding cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, or pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice (make sure there is no sugar included) to IP puddings, pancakes (muffins), and drinks/shakes is pretty good too. I love experimenting to find new tastier treats.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #9  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!

Thank you! I always wondered how people got tickers on their posts!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

I need some advice from all the old pros on here. I have my appointment on Monday to meet my coach and get my starter packet. In order to prepare I've been gutting my fridge and cabinets and trying to cut back as much as possible on carbs. I'm really trying to avoid the urge for "one last blowout" over the weekend. In order to ease my transition into the program I was considering doing a little jump start over the weekend using some of the EAS carb advantage RTD shakes. I know they don't have everything that the IP stuff has, but I thought it might give me a two day jump on starting the program. My feeling is that if the first few days are going to be hard (no energy, etc) I would rather feel that way on the weekend when I can just lay around and take it easy.

What do you guys think? Should I start on Saturday using shakes in place of the IP products and incorporating the meat, veggie and oils servings? Or should I wait until my appointment on Monday afternoon which would actually put me starting on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance for any input/advice.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #11  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

So my little inner negative nelly voice is not as loud as it was a month ago! After so many failed diets it's hard to have the faith that any diet will ever work. However, continual success is rebuilding that faith that this will be the last diet I ever go on! You just can't keep waiting for the diet to fail when it just keeps succeeding every week! I LOVE IT!

However, no matter how successful and easy this diet is to follow, I don't think I would have stuck through it if I hadn't read every single thread on this board. I've only been on this for 7 weeks so I'm still considered a newbie. I do sense a trend of the newbies trying to bond with all the other newbes. However, I really hope everyone continues to support each other regardless of how long they have been on the diet. We are very lucky to have so many experienced IP'ers ready and willing to answer all of our questions multiple times. I just hope we don't wear you out with repetitiveness! I really do try to find the answer by searching through the threads first before asking. There really is a ton of information out there for us! Thanks everyone!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #12  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Default Big D not Big C

So I know that most of you talk about having the Big C on here. But does anyone have the opposite problem? I'm staying on protocol and not cheating (I've had too much success to cheat!) yet I find that I often have the opposite problem and have the Big D.

I'd appreciate anyone's input.

Jess
Old 10-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #13  

Default WF Mayo

I've read here that the WF mayo is aweful, but I found a recipe for egg salad that uses it that I would like to try. I'm looking forward to trying it as a lettuce wrap since I'm desperately trying to use lettuce different ways. Has anyone tried the mayo or the egg salad recipe in the recipe thread? What are your thoughts on how it will taste?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 149/139.5/124

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, I just joined today but have been reading your threads for a while not. It seems the big day is creeping closer (Getting Engaged on the 27th of November) and all the weight loss efforts are having a negative impact on my weight. I keep gaining it even though I am cutting down how much and I eat and walk for atleast an hour everyday. My goal overall is to lose 16 pounds and I know thats not possible in a month. But I want to be able to trim alteast a 5 or so in a month and I dont know what to do. I am looking forward to any suggestions you might have. I just want to look like i belong in the dress I am wearing at my engagement party... Thanks...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

(not sure how to do the quote thing yet lol working on it)....

So tbf410

ME ME ME I have only been doing IP since 10/11 and I definately have had the same issue. The Big D not the big C.... ugh Not everyday tho... hummm

Last edited by njajcjmomma; 10-21-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo lol
Closed Thread