Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Um....leakage? TMI, sorry!

Has anyone had problems with urine leakage during running? I've been noticing it recently on the days I run. Not a lot - just a little. But it's there and it's freaking me out!!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Yeah, it happens to me too. Kiegels have helped, and the more often I run I find that it does go away. It happens more to me around my time of month. Sorry for even more TMI )
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #3  

Maybe it's just that I'm kinda getting more into running....I'll keep an eye on things and see what happens. And Kegels never hurt anything....
Old 10-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #4  
Keep Trying

S/C/G: 188/188/148

Height: 5'2"

Yes I have this problem, but I have it due to uterine prolapse after my third baby. I am still healing but I can now exercise without pain. So I'm hoping it's getting better.
coad786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #5  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

I just saw in Shape or something that they invented panties just for this!

A women runner had a baby and then the need for them, so she created them and they sell for pretty cheap. Cant recall the name but you could probably google it
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #6  
Keep Trying

S/C/G: 188/188/148

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xty View Post
I just saw in Shape or something that they invented panties just for this!

A women runner had a baby and then the need for them, so she created them and they sell for pretty cheap. Cant recall the name but you could probably google it
Interesting.. I'll see if I can't see about those. I was thinking to buy some depends and get over it lol. I've been a hostage to this problem. My dr won't do surgery because she said I'm unsure if I want to have more kids. Maybe she should catch me on a bad day and ask.

Yesterday I ran for THE first time. Well it was for like maybe 4-5 minutes of kind of jogging. My husband was absolutely shocked when he saw me running. He's NEVER seen me run and we've been married for 9 years.

Actually, I've never run before except when I was little. I don't have the stamina or shock absorbers for it. I want to learn to run though. I don't want to be dependent on my elliptical machine for exercise. It was just a nightmare but I knew to wear some pads due to walking experience.
coad786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #7  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Well congrats on running in general then

Found them! Called Stride and they sell them at duane reede if you live in an area with those, if not many another drugstore has something similar. They look just like normal panties.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #8  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

This is fantastic! I have this problem as well - BUT I've never had kids So THAT worries me a lot, now.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
This is fantastic! I have this problem as well - BUT I've never had kids So THAT worries me a lot, now.
This is me...no kids, no pregnancies, worried to death. Just did the elliptical and planks today, and no leakage. We'll see tomorrow when I run again...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

I have this problem too... What I've discovered,and what helps a lot, is that I must *P* the second before I leave the door, even if I've gone 5 minutes before, I go with my runners on grab my jacket or whatever then run out the door, my bladder must be completely empty. Secondly, I don't drink coffee before running later in the day, it's funny though when I run in the early mornings I have coffee and no breakfast I'm ok , I can't explain this phenomenom
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Oh and Kiegels help too....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

You can buy Poise pads in various types, I started wearing them cause I've been working out hard and I hate to leave sweat marks on the machines at the gym LOL. I'm post menopausal now and I have noticed the occasional "wet" feeling down there, so I've been trying to do the Kegels every day, it's hard to remember though.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #13  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

One of my very good friends lives on the Eastern side of the world and recommended I consider ben wa balls to help with kegels - but a) since they're also supposed to be super sexually stimulating, I don't know when the appropriate time would be to try them out (cleaning house? he he he) and b) they can be hard to find apparently.

Here's a link I found that may help other readers; http://www.livestrong.com/article/14...gel-exercises/
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #14  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I had this problem when I started running - but when I started running (what to me were) longer distances, i.e. about half way through the C25K.

I started wearing a slim pad JIC and I also made sure not to drink anything for an hour before running and I also go to the toilet the very last thing before I go out the door. Nowadays I can run 6 miles without leakage - maybe my pelvic floor muscles have got stronger through running also.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I haven't tried jogging yet, I've been putting it off for this reason. I have the occasional light bladder leak when I sneeze now, thanks to having had a big baby. I find I have to be careful what exercises I do, stomach exercises, high impact like jumping etc seems to exert pressure down there. I don't want to do anything to make it worse, LOL.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote