South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #1  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Default Thursday Chit Chat

Good morning all :wave

Since no one started the thread yet, I thought I would

What's everyone up to today? I'm off to work doing people's hair.

I got a lot of sleep last night but was woken in the middle of the night with charley horse type cramps in my feet. I am feeling much better from the accident except for hurting my right shoulder where it was already hurt (it made it worse)

I hope everyone has a nice day

Last edited by BelovedK; 10-21-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chatterings

Happy Thursday!

I'm happy because today is my Friday and then I have a 4-day weekend ahead of me. I don't have to go in until around noon today, so I'm planning to clean the house and get the laundry done this morning to free up the weekend. On Saturday I'm meeting another Mod, Jiffypop, in the city for lunch. My daughter is joining us afterwards, and I'm bringing Carley back home with me until Tuesday.

I've been doing well staying OP since my fall off the wagon on Monday, and I have my willpower and motivation back. I was really struggling there for a while! Coming here and reading all your posts really does give me the incentive to stay on track.

Good morning, Beloved! It looks like we were starting today's thread at the same time. No problem, I just merged the posts. Have a great day, and I sure hope your shoulder pain eases up. Didn't the massage help?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-21-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for cranking us up Beloved, and sorry your good sleep was interrupted. I had a good sleep again and didn't get awakened by the dog alarm until 6:30.

My darn PC is acting up! It starts but tells me there is a hard disc error. I may have to take it to my guru Karen for some of her magic so don't worry if I disappear.

It's drizzling out there this morning. Donna is coming to clean and will love the muddy pawprints in the back room. I swear the Doggage develop extra paws when it's mud season! I also have a guy coming to install a programmable thermostat for the furnace and a carpenter coming to collect a cheque for work he did at the Mill. That should take up a good hunk of the morning.

This afternoon I am going to schedule an hour to do some machine quilting and I don't have a meeting tonight! I just may start the first fire in the woodstove and snuggle with my book on a cold and rainy night! No **** yet but it's coming. It's close to freezing point out there right now and raining so ...

May you have a warm and cozy day with no frassing ****.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Cottage! Good morning. I am so glad today is your Friday and you have good weekend plans. I am envious of your lunch with Jiffy and wish I could be there. Am I right in thinking you two have not yet met? Enjoy! I'll be thinking of you and wishing I could be a fly on the wall.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruthie! Why not just throw caution to the wind and join Jiffy and I for lunch? We've "talked" a lot, but this will be the first time we meet up IRL. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everybody. Just popping in to say hello before hitting the hay. I saw in yesterdays thread someone finally asked what "niggles" means. I have to admit, I had just gotten done googling it. LOL It sounds kinda dirty...not nearly as intriguing when you see the TRUE definition.

Anyway, apparently there was a miscommunication between me and my yard sale partner and we are supposed to be doing a yard sale on Friday AND Saturday instead of just Saturday. EEK!!! I have SO much to do on Friday (the least of which includes picking up my paycheck from the fair and getting my bike out of layaway) not to mention we don't get off work until 0530 hrs, so by the time we finish our yard sale on Friday we'll have been up for about 24 hours. YUCK!!! Oh well...money money money, right???

Anywho, better hit the hay since I won't be getting any sleep tomorrow. G'night, ladies.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Wish I could, Cottage, but the Mastercard is still reeling in shock after such a roadrunner fall.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I am unexpectedly sitting here confounded again by the technology behind my blog. Sigh. I won't bore you with the gory details but it is quite frustrating and I may lose a months worth of posts and comments. Oh well, it could be worse. I should know more in the next hour or so. Fingers crossed.

But for the good news - I ate well at my book club last night I had cheese, cashews and caprese salad (which was yummy). None of the various candy options and none of the hot cherry cobbler a la mode. Oh, I forgot about the Triscuits, counted out carefully, that I ate at 9:00 when everyone else had just eaten cobbler and I was actually feeling physical hunger. Now if I could just handle social eating like this every time!

Bike ride today. Grocery shopping. Blog stuff. Eating well That's about it for me.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #9  

Hey, everyone! Everyone seems to be doing well, which is great! I'm feeling sick today, which is annoying, so I'm going to have to head to the Care Station after work so I can get back on my feet by Tuesday...I have a big interview then!

Anyone have any exciting plans or anything coming up?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

BelovedK, thanks for getting us started this morning. Sorry I didn't get to drop by before I left for the airport. I hope you have a great OP day!

Linda, yay for your Friday...weekend sure sounds fun!

Ruth, darn about the PC. I thought you had a new one. Projects abound in your neck of the woods. Happy quilting!

Natasha, oops! get busy time! After some rest, of course.

Karen, yay for a success at the book club. Have fun biking!

lily, sorry you're not feeling well. Get better soon! K?

Well, DH is sitting staring at me waiting for me to make pancakes. Guess I'd better run. It was a beautiful morning for the airport in Denver. I had to leave here at 530. Now I have the day for my projects!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the conference It's interesting being in the vendor room. The day has a strange flow. I am, however, seeing some great gifts for my nieces

Oops, break time for attendees so time for me to work.

Later-
Old 10-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #12  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Greetings from the west coast! You all sound so wide awake and ready to face an on plan day! Just what I need to help me stay on track today.

Beloved, I am still experiencing the leg cramps at night too but not too bad as I'm really trying to keep my liquid intake up. It does help.

Cottage, Oh how I remember looking forward to those weekends when I was working. Now that I'm retired, all of my days are my own to do with as I choose and right now I choose to eat one plan and healthy.

Ruth, sorry about your pc problems. That can be so darn frustrating but luckily you have someone to help. I plan on a little yard work this morning with my faithful Frenchie dog (laying on the deck taking a sunbath) as they are saying rain is headed our way this weekend. We have the old wood stove all ready to go too.

Nat, OMG, you had better get it in gear! Yard sales can be so much work ahead of time but hopefully your payoff will be worth it. Good luck!

Waist..., Congrats on your willpower. So proud of you and don't we all wish we could be that strong every time.

Lily, Sorry you aren't feeling well and hope you get better and ace the interview on Tuesday.

Well everyone, have a great op day and I'll catch you later.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi all! I'm doing well. I'm eager for the New Year as I'll be making my way back to school! I plan on getting a certificate in Early Childhood specializing in Special Ed.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 10-21-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: details!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #14  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone!

So I had outback last night and did well, no cheating Ate what I planned to eat, and didn't sneak anything. And was down 0.4lbs this morning. Its really nice when that happens.

Tonight is a bit of a challenge, I'm heading to get Mexican food and then go see a movie with my Meetup group...Mexican gets tricky sometimes, so I'm pulling up the menu now so I can know what I'm ordering when I get there. Looks like I'll be eating some burrito innards since everything is "wrapped in a flour tortilla".

Other than that, its just busy busy busy at work and some vacation prep!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

evenin' ladies! spent the day stocking up SB-friendly ingredients (discovered soy-spaghetti, how awesome is that????) and am just about to get started "schnippeling" veggies& all to stockpile soups, stews&casseroles for the next few days cuz i'll be too busy to cook.

hope you all enjoy ur respective thursdays...
Closed Thread