Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Halloween Challenge Week 7

Sorry I am posting this thread so late. My internet quit working on Saturday I finally just got it up and running.

This weekend was good workout wise for me, but not to good on food and water. So this weeks goal is to work on food and water as well.

W 100 oz I am retaining so much water. ERR
E 20 minute run today, 10 minute arm pedalling 10 minute AMT 15 minute weights. DONE. Steam room and swimming this after noon!
E 1500 cals.
D Dishes.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #2  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I haven't been to the gym for several days and need to get back this week. The last time I went (Wednesday) my blood sugar bottomed out and I just haven't been back. I finally saw some movement on the scale though - weighed in yesterday at 211.8, had a little bit of a bounce back this morning to 212.6 - I was so happy. Hopefully things will continue moving in the right direction. I've been doing really well on food and water - just need to get back to moving.

Hope everyone has a good week.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Work day. No workout today darn it. Yesterday I had an ADD workout. I actually enjoyed it.

I worked hard at PT. I am almost done! I'm sore, but not hurting.

W 64 oz
E some squats and abs. Nothing much
E 1400 cals
D have a good day
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all.

Lay-offs last week at work, I still have a job but have been moved into a different position, so am crazy busy trying to learn it!!

W 100
E Walk at lunch, elliptical or run or dreadmill after, will have to see which fits but there is sweaty cardio in my evening!
E OP
D Love the skin you're in!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #5  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

My WEED:
W - 8 X 8oz - suddenly having problems with this one...
E - my pedometer stalls at around 4,000 steps, so that's my minimum; add on weight training and/or cardio as energy allows
E - stay on plan, esp. low sodium!
D - just get through radiation therapy - today will be 15/25!

For some reason, my water intake has gone down. I've reviewed my journals, etc. and can still not figure out why. Also in the dark re: my walking because my pedometer battery died. Just replaced it last night, so I have to re-set it. The store replaced the battery for free because I had just replaced it two weeks ago!

MamaP - Be really careful about sugar crashes, bring OJ or something. Mine crashed one time in the gym changeroom and I nearly smashed my head on the sink as I passed out. Luckily, someone caught me!

Jeni - I'm happy to hear that after all the trouble you had to get in, that PT is working. What great news! By the way, what is an ADD workout?

mothermavis - What a relief that you didn't get laid off! New job = new opportunity. I'm sure you'll be great at it!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #6  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hellooo ladies!!! Well, Today was the first day back in the gym since Friday. B.F was here and we walked a mile on saturday outside and engaged in other forms of cardio :-D I haven't weighed myself in over a week and a half so I expected this morning that it would be aboiut the same or one to two pounds up but I weighed in at 274.2!!!!! I weighed myself at three different times to makes sure the scale wasn't broken, I think I needed to add some more calories to my calorie intake. Will went home this morning and i headed straight for the gym.

Mother Mavis - i am so glad you didn't lose your job - evrything new you learn just makes you that much more valuable!!!

JC - congratz on the progress in PT and thank you so much for this WEED thread!!! i appreciate your hardwork on this!!

Sea Wave - I notice that if I don't drink water as soon as I get up, or if I don't eat breakfast early enough my water intake goes down for the day. I also bought from walmart a jug that is exactly 64 oz and I make sure to finish that for the day and then if I can drink more.

MamaP - You can DO IT!! and plz be careful with your blood sugar!!

W 32 oz so far but that day is not done will be 64 oz
E- 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes recumbant bike - 30 mins. weight training
E-will be right at or just under 1500 calories.
D - Joining a weight loss meet up tonight to maybe find a work out buddy
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Big loss last week, none this week.

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

Ladies! Oh how absent I've been, apologies all around, it's going to take me forever to catch up but I just wanted to let you know I haven't fallen off he face of the earth. All my spare time has been taken up with painting (yes we finally painted) my downstairs.

So my weight loss is on hold for a while, just found out last week that I'm PREGNANT! First month off birth control - honestly I thought I'd have a few months of trying ahead of me but apparently not. It's still really early, so I have to get through the first trimester but we're pretty excited. Now I have to be a budgeting maniac for the next 2-3 years (tips please!).

I'll check in but mine will be weight gain (hopefully not much!).

Jeni - so glad the PT is working for you!

Mavis - so glad you still have a job!

Seawave - you are truly remarkable, remember you're not superwoman - if you need downtime take it!

MamaP - I have blood sugar crashes too, makes me feel horrible - like a hot flash where I'm about to pass out. Take care of yourself!

Wills/Jasons - hi!!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #9  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

So, I leave for North Carolina for the Marine Corps Ball in 16 days (ball in 18 days). I went in tonight to pick up the wrap I bought and to try my dress on to see how it fits. Remember I had to order the size 18 cause the 16 was way to tight and when the 18 came in it was too big but the 16 was still too small. Well . . . . I have to have the size 16 taken in. It's still tight through my stomach (not too tight though), but the top was gapping. They have to take it in almost an inch - I was thrilled. It will be ready next week. Here's a picture of me in the dress on September 1 (first picture) and then from tonight. In the September 1 picture you can see how tight it is around the top (my fat pushing up). My daughter made an appointment for us to get spray tans the day before the ball and we are getting our hair done the day of the ball.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress.jpg (39.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by MamaP; 10-20-2010 at 10:55 AM.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 AM   #10  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Hey everyone. I'm having trouble sleeping tonight. I've been so stressed about work the past few days. I just started about a month ago, and about 2 weeks ago they decided to give me 2 special needs kids and I work with them all day. That's fine, the problem is that I am completely new to working in education and this semester is my first time taking education classes. They have me getting all the work together for them, teaching it to them, and giving them homework and graded assessments. I also don't mind this except that I was never told exactly what to teach them! When I ask the teacher I work for she just tells me that I'm smart and she's sure I'm doing the right stuff. I'm the only person that teaches them and I'm just a teacher assistant! I just feel that I should be given some sort of guidelines to go by. Gotta try to work this out this week.

So after saying that, my food has not been great the past few days. I am definitely an emotional eater. It's not that I eat more, it's just I do not eat as good of food as I should when I'm stressed. I also have not been drinking enough water. The water fountain water is disgusting at work so I need to remember to bring a few pre-filled water bottles with me from home.

And Emily!!!!!

WEED for the week:
W - 80 oz.
E - I need to get back into this, so I will start light with 3 days, 30 minutes each, for this week.
E - An average of 1200-1550 calories
D - I've been having trouble going to sleep on time lately, so my goal is going to be to be in bed for 10 every night so that I can wake up at 5 in the morning to exercise.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!

Kris, you will have a great time! You look awesome in that dress!!

Emi, congrats!! Babies are a blessing. So happy for you!!

Seawave, you amaze me. Thank you for being here.

Angel, good luck getting a buddy! That would be awesome.

Jeni, Hope all is well!

W 100 doing well with this again
E Running after work
E OP
D One day at a time
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

EMILY!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Seawave: I couldn't focus on one activity. so I call it an ADD (attention deficit disorder) workout.

Kris, Congrats on the dress! You are so beautiful.

Shari~don't let the no loss get you down. Focus on NSVs.

Zoochick~keep with it. Look over their IEPs. You will do great!

MM~ how are you doing these days!

W 80 oz
E Lots. Physical therapy at 945/ workout after I drop Tommy off at school. 35 minute cardio/10 arm pedaling/15 minute weights/10 minute cardio. Then the steam room.
E keep it as clean as I can. 1500 cals
Dhouse work after school and workouts.

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-20-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Zoo - my mom is a retired teacher but still works a lot in the schools (can't seem to keep away!) she's usually in with special needs kids. Sorry it's so frustrating, she should know better than to throw something like that at you with no guidance - you're not at the point where you have the work experience and knowledge to draw from yet. Hopefully things get better!

Mavis/Jeni - Hi!!

Thanks for the congrats ladies - really hoping for a girl since this will definitely be our last child.

I'll post my weight starting yesterday @ 5 weeks: 164.0

Deinitely trying to increase my water intake and watch the food, I gained ~40 lbs with both boys so I'd like to keep it between 15-25 this time. Hope everyone's having a great day!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #14  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

hello ladies, feeling really blah today, congratz emi and the baby!! I wish I could have another one.

w-64
e-running errands
e- right on target
d- survival
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #15  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

WillsAngel, JasonsLea – hang in there! You’re both doing great by just not giving up. We all go through our ebbs and flows in this weight loss challenge.

Emily – Pregnant!?! How exciting - congratulations! Do the boys know? How did they react?

Kris (MamaP) – Bet you can’t wait to dance the night away – you look wonderful in that dress!

Zoochick – My DH works with developmentally disabled adults, and he always interviews them quite thoroughly (not always easy!) to set up their programs. Is there no information in the students’ files? Maybe they have identified goals for themselves? I don’t know how old they are, but even grade 1 or 2 special needs kids can usually articulate something that they want to learn... When you feel like you’re falling into emotional eating, walk around the house with a weight representing what you’ve lost – that usually stops me from eating unnecessarily!

Mothermavis – one day at a time indeed – the only way to do it!

Jeni – ADD workout – ok I get it. I should have gotten that, considering I’m the same

My WEED:
W - 8 X 8oz – still a little problematic, but getting better
E – not much walking yesterday, because I went to a “Fitness After Cancer” session at the hospital. Very encouraging that I can actually do more than I thought I could!
E - stay on plan, esp. low sodium! – this has been going well
D - just get through radiation therapy - today will be 17/25!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote