Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #1  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Exclamation Help. Need a Plan for Lower-Body Challenged!

Hey all!

My husband broke his ankle in a riding accident last week, and is tomorrow going to be getting a plate and a few screws put on the bone-- and so is going to be out of commission for the next 6 weeks.

He has expressed interest in a fitness plan that will help him use his lower body but not put any sort of pressure on the foot. Swimming is out- he is having the surgery tomorrow and won't be able to be immersed in water for a few weeks at the least.

So, anyone have some lower body ideas that can be executed in a seated or laying position?

TIA!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

could he ride a recumbent bike? there's also alot he can do with resistance bands.
sorry i can't help more. hope he has a speedy recovery.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

A physio therapist would be the right person to ask about this specific problem IMHO....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

There's a program called Sit and Be fit on TV you might be able to find it online. It's for elderly people, or people who can't stand/stand for long, etc, it's all general fitness done from a chair. Some sections they sand, but you can just skip those. It might be too mild for him, but it's something, at least.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #5  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhahmd View Post
There's a program called Sit and Be fit on TV you might be able to find it online. It's for elderly people, or people who can't stand/stand for long, etc, it's all general fitness done from a chair. Some sections they sand, but you can just skip those. It might be too mild for him, but it's something, at least.

Thanks so much! I will check this out!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote